Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scorsese's projects

mr6666

"...Martin Scorsese's highly anticipated "Silence," based on Shūsaku Endō's 1966 novel about Portuguese Jesuits who face violence and persecution while on a mission to remote 17th century Japan.

"....one of several projects on Scorsese's busy schedule, which also includes executive producing HBO's upcoming "Vinyl" (for which he directed the pilot); a Leonard Bernstein biopic with "Spotlight" screenwriter Josh Singer; an adaptation of Erik Larson's blockbuster book "The Devil in the White City," with Leonardo DiCaprio; and "Sinatra," a biopic of Ol' Blue Eyes that's been in the works since 2009."

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/first-look-liam-neeson-in-martin-scorseses-period-epic-silence-20151116?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=IW_post

Scorsese is my favorite living director, and I'm really looking forward to SILENCE. I'm a little uncertain about the long gestating Sinatra biopic. I remember when I first read about it, they were going to cast John Travolta as old blue eyes,and felt that was awful casting.