Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jake's Trump Thread -- Make America Great Again

JakeHolman

"'absolutely' implement Muslim database".

Trump protecting the American people from radical Islam.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GOP_2016_TRUMP_MUSLIMS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-11-20-04-00-31

Build the Wall. Keep 'em out. Round 'em up. Ship 'em out. Bad ones, wipe 'em out.

schtootzes like obama, kerry and hillary have absolutely been apologists for radical islam and rational america is getting fed up with this, excuse me, sick hs! :D

I said sick as in not mentally sound. nothing mentally sound about empathizing with psychopathic butchers.

nothing. :D

I said sick as in not mentally sound. nothing mentally sound about empathizing with psychopathic butchers.

nothing. :D

You nailed it. Many Americans are scared and rightfully so. These scumbags will attempt dirty bombs next. It's coming and no community in America is free from that threat. We are not bigots. We are folks who love this country and want it protected for us the American citizens.

Build the Wall. Keep 'em out. Round 'em up. Ship 'em out. Bad ones, wipe 'em out.

D'ja ever notice that BOTH Jake and Nip sound a lot like the very savages they're condemning?

Ethnic and religious bigotry and all?

And I've ALWAYS thought America was great.  When is it NOT?

Sepiatone

Nov 20 2015, 9:27 am ET
Donald Trump's Plan for a Muslim Database Draws Comparison to Nazi Germany

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-says-he-would-certainly-implement-muslim-database-n466716

jeb doan like it, even ted doan like it...

and this is why trump is in the lead. it's not what his fellow candidates think but rather what the american people think...and they are with trump! jeb bothered by it? no matter because ain't nobody gonna vote for the weak-kneed putz.

trump gets it. the people are fed up! this isn't about bigotry or prejudice. far from it. this is about a republican electorate with no further use for a weak kowtowing bunch of weak sell-outs that the gop establishment has allowed itself to morph into.

outta the way, schtootzes! the donald's headin' out. he's on his way! and that ain't just a lookaround neither. he's gonna parade! knockin' out other gop candidates he sees all stuck on themselves till he be chief o' all!...

DONALD TRUMP, EMPEROR OF THE WHITE HOUSE!

making sure no welfare slouches ride America's train...

2ce3w2w.jpg

:lol:

There are really no great countries, because just about

every country has flaws to various degrees. Now there

are powerful countries, but that's not the same thing as

great.

I still think Trump will not win the GOP nomination. Time

will tell.

The idea of "great country" is a refrain of the choir. The folks who sing it tend to think that we are beyond reproach. Disagree with that and you're a traitor. This is how simple these people are. (some of them make up little mantras to repeat over and over again to attract the ignorant.)

Of course, Trump is toast. Again, anyone who thinks he'll get the nomination is simple. Any reasonable person knows that Trump and the ilk are too intractable to be president. He would be a disaster and both sides know it. He wouldn't work with anybody. The R establishment will derail him. Bush was a disaster but he was merely a follower. Personally I hope he gets the nomination. I want the Dems to win the election.

The idea of "great country" is a refrain of the choir. The folks who sing it tend to think that we are beyond reproach. Disagree with that and you're a traitor. This is how simple these people are. (some of them make up little mantras to repeat over and over again to attract the ignorant.)

Of course, Trump is toast. Again, anyone who thinks he'll get the nomination is simple. Any reasonable person knows that Trump and the ilk are too intractable to be president. He would be a disaster and both sides know it. He wouldn't work with anybody. The R establishment will derail him. Bush was a disaster but he was merely a follower. Personally I hope he gets the nomination. I want the Dems to win the election.

but what you surmise is obviously based on the assumption that no more major terrorist attacks like paris will be happening. if they do your assumption of a trump nomination being an impossibility could be wrong. :D

Then again... Trump, who mostly just talks the talk to get the crowds roaring but probably doesn't believe half of what comes out of his mouth, may be the lesser of evils.

Here is another conservative we should not let anywhere near Washington's toy box.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/columnist-us-should-bomb-mecca-off-the-face-of-the-earth-to-show-muslims-our-god-is-more-powerful/

Writing for conservative news site WorldNetDaily, Burt Prelutsky suggested that destroying Islamic terrorist group ISIS isn’t enough and that the center of the Islamic world and the birthplace of the Prophet Muhammad needs to be destroyed as a lesson to the 1.6 billion Muslims in the world.

"My own politically incorrect suggestion is that we remove ISIS from the face of the earth, hopefully as a joint effort with every other nation it has threatened or attacked, and that we then bomb Mecca off the face of the earth, not concerning ourselves in the least with collateral damage, letting the Muslims know once and for all that our God is far more powerful and, yes, vengeful than their own puny deity."

He is not only politically incorrect but in desperate need to be institutionalized along with other crazies like Pat Robertson and Kevin Swanson.

Lovely people... absolutely lovely people.

hard to

see how he can win.

simple. a series of major terrorist attacks and maybe an occasional decapitation or two could cause even younger skulls full of mush to start asking themselves "well, how do they explain all this barbaric madness?" and then something will click...

maybe the world really ain't this loving inclusive sesame street fantasy like obama and the DNC claim.

that's how trump will get them votes. :D

Sadly, beheading has become old hat. so more videos of that

are not going to be a big suprise or have much of an effect

on voters. Jihadi John got screwed by his own people. The

Paris attack overwhelmed the news of his death. That's jihadi

biz. I don't know if even a terrorist attack or two could put

Trump in. I don't say it's impossible for him to get the nomination

or win the general election, just that it's highly improbable. I

don't think either Obama or the DNC have ever claimed the world

is one big Sesame Street.

My guess is that a terrorist attack or two on US soil would hurt the outsiders instead of help them.   Even GOP voters would want someone with some experience instead of someone that has never held office.   So someone like Rubio would get the biggest bump from an attack. 

What I find interesting is the phrasing of the opposing parties. Hillary and Bernie don't have a defined slogan like Donald, but much talk in the debates include the line "make America greater" as if to suggest that America already is great but improvements are always needed to move forward. Or, to quote the Fleetwood Mac song (an oldie recorded in the post-Vietnam Bicentennial year) that Hillary and Bill used in the '92 election, "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow" (and I am sure she, in particular, wants us to keep yesterday's news yesterday).

With Donald and the GOP, it is "make America great AGAIN" as if to suggest we are living in the Dark Ages of despair and misery, but there was a Golden Age earlier which we need to return to. However they are not clear as to when that Golden Age was. If we are talking the pre-Obama Era (before January 2009), I am not sure if most voters would necessarily agree that the ECONOMY was the same. People may not be happy with their lot today, but saying 2008 is better than 2015 is like saying 1932 is better than 1939. If things were that great then, John McCain would have defeated Obama in a landslide, since he was continuing what Bush and the GOP had been giving us. The fact that Obama got re-elected by another good sized margin suggests that even 2012 was not viewed by many voters as the same as 2008.

Since Donald uses this slogan in bold letters and he despises both Georges and Jeb Bush, my guess is that his Golden Age is much earlier... before George the Second at least and the 9-11 attacks. Certainly not when Hillary Clinton was vice president either. Like many Republicans, the Ronald Reagan years cause him to weep in nostalgia, although he sported the same amount of hair on his head back then (when he and Ivana were a happy couple).

You could also argue, with so many Republicans in the House and Senate that this party already is getting most of the things they want (except some social issues like prohibiting gay rights, for example). If it weren't for the party being so occupied fighting among themselves (battles between moderate GOP, Tea Party and Right Wing Fanatics), they would otherwise be keeping Obama on his hands and knees, whipping him in submission right now. So what would make a GOP president in power in the future any different than today?

Slightly unrelated, but worth tossing here...

There was an amusing conversation below a youtube video covering the tenth anniversary of the Terri Schiavo case, when President George and Jeb (then Florida governor) went to war with her husband over personal religious grounds. One comment raised the question "Doesn't the Republican party want smaller government?". At least four replies were the same: "only for major corporations, not the rest of us". This discussion was done in April, just before gay marriage was legalized and so many GOP politicians was doing everything possible to stop it, along with Planned Parenthood. At least three comments were along the lines of "they want to control what we do behind closed doors" and one woman (obviously) added "also they want to be inside my ****** as well".

Not everybody in the party is like this, but certainly half of them... and we all know them by name. They are in a state of rage because marriage is no longer defined by the federal government as "between one man and one woman" and Obama is asking conservative Christians to be more accepting of the Muslim faith (something George Bush also did right after the 9-11 attacks when there were several unnecessary murders done in rage, only he later lost his way in his "freedom of everybody's faiths" talk once he discovered that gays wanted to get married and Terri was on life support). There are still billboards along the highways that emphasize "one nation under GOD" (that is, the god the sign creators want this country to worship, not that the Old and New Testament are consistent enough for a fundamentalist to be certain of what their god expects an entire nation to do).

Yet it appears that the Golden Age that will make America great AGAIN with some of these GOP-ers is the ol' Salem, Massachusetts of the 17th century. (Granted, that model is closer to the ISIS ideal.)

I will allow the donald his make america great again rhetoric because what is needed now to make the federal government responsive to the will of the governed once more is a non-party organism like trump. ted cruz will criticize the gop establishment but always stops short of trashing it completely. trump won't. he knows as the electorate now does that the gop establishment has become their own worst enemy. after mccain and romney ain't nobody buying any of it no more. that is why trump is maybe gonna win and thus far he's the only guy who is verbalizing what alotta folks is feelin'. what the msm will never get is that the average ordinary american does not obsess over scholastics and academics like they forever have and that's a disconnect too. :D

I will allow the donald his make america great again rhetoric because what is needed now to make the federal government responsive to the will of the governed once more is a non-party organism like trump. ted cruz will criticize the gop establishment but always stops short of trashing it completely. trump won't. he knows as the electorate now does that the gop establishment has become their own worst enemy. after mccain and romney ain't nobody buying any of it no more. that is why trump is maybe gonna win and thus far he's the only guy who is verbalizing what alotta folks is feelin'. what the msm will never get is that the average ordinary american does not obsess over scholastics and academics like they forever have and that's a disconnect too. :D

Yes,  Trump might win the GOP nomination since GOP primary voters are very upset with GOP DC politicians.   BUT GOP primary voters are a small subset of overall general election voters.     

Romney lost because few in that 47 percent group were willing to vote for him.  GOP primary voters that are angry at GOP DC politicians are even less than that 47%.     So I just don't see how Trump wins a general election.

Yes,  Trump might win the GOP nomination since GOP primary voters are very upset with GOP DC politicians.   BUT GOP primary voters are a small subset of overall general election voters.     

Romney lost because few in that 47 percent group were willing to vote for him.  GOP primary voters that are angry at GOP DC politicians are even less than that 47%.     So I just don't see how Trump wins a general election.

good point. maybe if hillary keeps being herself trump will start lookin' good to an awful lot more people. also, if the isis threat becomes much more acute and hillary keeps sayin' gems like "I don't think we're at war with islam" even younger skulls full of mush might start wakin' up. :D

good point. maybe if hillary keeps being herself trump will start lookin' good to an awful lot more people. :D

Yea Hillary's team didn't run a successful campaign back in 2008 and the current team isn't doing a bang up job this time around so she can be defeated.      In addition she might get a weak turnout and that could be just enough for a Trump\GOP victory.

The Washington Post is having a field day with the Trumpster this week. The articles are hilarious in their title descriptions alone.

Donald Trump and 21st-century McCarthyism

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2015/11/23/donald-trump-and-21st-century-mccarthyism/

The GOP is running out of time to find the anti-Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-is-a-problem-of-the-gops-own-creation/2015/11/23/1fbcdf2c-9226-11e5-8aa0-5d0946560a97_story.html

They gave him "four Pinocchios" for insisting to George Stephanopoulos that he saw a thousand Muslims cheering the 9-11-01 attacks in New Jersey on TV. A thorough investigation concluded what probably happened was this: he read a bogus story that was circulated at that time by one anti-Muslim journalist, then saw Fox News' coverage a few days later of a group of Palestinians cheering in Israel (although it may not have been a full thousand).

Of course, he wasn't alone. Ben Carson also remembered seeing it too. Then again, Carson sees lots of things these days.

Of course, Trump ain't happy with the Washington Post...

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Via @washingtonpost 9/18/01. I want an apology! Many people have tweeted that I am right! http://wapo.st/1R1siFz 

2:02 PM - 23 Nov 2015

This article tries to "explain" his enduring popularity with the public regardless of his antics

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/11/23/4-theories-why-people-give-donald-trump-a-pass-for-saying-things-that-just-arent-true/

It would seem, quite frankly, that Trump is getting away with repeating falsehood after falsehood on the campaign trail and nobody seems to care — or at least, his still very real contingent of supporters don't. Here are four theories as to why:

1. People simply believe him — or at least want to

Distrust of government is at an all-time high. Just 19 percent of Americans say they feel they can trust their government some or all of the time, according to a new Pew Research Center survey. And conservative Republicans are traditionally more skeptical of government than the rest of America. In a September Washington Post-ABC News poll, 75 percent of Republicans said “most people in politics” can’t be trusted.

Numbers compiled by Pew would seem to bear that out, too. It seems when a Democrat is in the White House, liberals have more trust in government while conservatives have more distrust, and vice versa when it's a Republican in the White House:

Enter Donald Trump, who from almost the moment he got into the race positioned himself as the anti-establishment candidate, endearing himself to conservative voters as the outsider who says it like it is when no one else dares to. And damn the politically correct torpedoes.

Perhaps Trump supporters are giving their guy the benefit of the doubt: Maybe he knows something the government isn't telling us.

2. People don't care that he's not accurate

Okay, so maybe Obama is only letting in 10,000 Syrian refugees next year instead of 200,000. Trump still has a point, his supporters might argue, that it's feasible some of those so-called refugees could be terrorists. And maybe there weren't New Jersey residents cheering on 9/11. But there are undoubtedly Muslims in the world — even some right here in America — who want to do America harm and were probably happy on 9/11.

The point is, Trump supporters might know the facts he's throwing out aren't facts. And some potential Trump supporters might even be bothered by the things he's said. But it's possible they've made a calculated decision that Trump gets their general sentiment and the policy right, and really that's what matters.

For conservative Republicans who are angry at the federal government and their party's inability to block President Obama in his final years, it seems there are plenty of other things to like about Trump: He's so rich, he can't be bought. His success will shake up the political establishment. He'd be a good negotiator. For Trump supporters, the list goes on.

Telling a fib or three might not dim their view of their favorite candidate, especially when The Fix's Philip Bump points out that Trump has a lot of other things going for him this election cycle.

3. It's Trump's word against the media's

A truism of this campaign so far: When the media or other candidates point out Trump's inaccuracies, he only seems to get stronger.

And within conservative circles, Trump wins the battle of public opinion vs. the media. Nearly two-thirds of Americans (64 percent) say the national media has a negative effect on the country, according to Pew Research Center's new survey. In other words, when The Washington Post's Fact Checker says Trump just delivered a whopper, plenty of people are disinclined to believe it is giving Trump a fair shake — no matter how clear the facts on the ground.

Trump does a good job fanning those flames. At rallies, he'll urge people to "boo" publications that have published stories critical of him, and his supporters often chastise the "liberal media" for zeroing in on just one not-quite-accurate comment Trump made at an hour-plus-long rally without reporting the many other things he said.

The media is bent on taking Trump down, and they're not going to let it.

4. People just aren't paying attention

It's November 2015, a year before Election Day. It's more than two months before the first votes are even cast in the Iowa caucuses.

While political pundits like those here at The Fix would say the Iowa caucuses are closer than we think, the rest of the non-politically obsessed nation just isn't thinking about who's up or who's down 10 weeks out.

Millions of Americans think presidential politics — and what Donald Trump says — just isn't relevant to their lives right now. How many people actually know the tale Trump spun about Muslims cheering in New Jersey on 9/11? How many pay enough attention to know that 200,000 Syrian refugees aren't coming our way or even that Trump brandishes this untruth as a fact? Probably less than you think.

Whether that changes — and whether Trump's standing in the race also changes — as they tune in is, well, the question of this election.

but what you surmise is obviously based on the assumption that no more major terrorist attacks like paris will be happening. if they do your assumption of a trump nomination being an impossibility could be wrong. :D

No such assumption. My assumption is that rogue, non-politician candidates don't make it. I hope you're not hoping another 'paris happening' will occur in the hopes of helping your guy. Typical Republican scenario, yes to the party and to hell with the country.

:D

Trump is one funny fellow. Some memorable quotes over the year...

If you can’t get rich dealing with politicians, there’s something wrong with you.

All the women on The Apprentice flirted with me — consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.

You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of a**.

Sadly, because President Obama has done such a poor job as president, you won’t see another black president for generations.

It is so thoughtful for him to include Obama's "native country" (according to him) in this sermon...

African Americans are very lazy. The best they can do is gallivanting around ghettoes, lamenting how they are discriminated. These are the people America doesn’t need. They are the enemies of progress. Look at African countries like Kenya for instance, those people are stealing from their own government and go to invest the money in foreign countries. From the government to opposition, they only qualify to be used as a case study whenever bad examples are required. How do you trust even those who have ran away to hide here at the United States hiding behind education? I hear they abuse me in their blogs but I don't care because even the internet they are using is ours and we can decide to switch it off from this side.

Laziness is a trait in the blacks. ... Black guys counting my money! I hate it.

The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yamakas every day.

The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.

The U.S. will invite El Chapo, the Mexican drug lord who just escaped prison, to become a U.S. citizen because our "leaders" can't say no!

When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. ... And some, I assume, are good people.

(On John McCain): He's not a war hero. He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured, OK, I hate to tell you.

... and the lines that will live in infamy...

I will build a great wall — and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me —and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.

I am a little worried about the entourage who follows him around though. The way a bunch of them clobbered a "black lives matter" protester and both Trump and his promoter laughing it off... a little too much like early '30s Germany for my tastes.

Both he and Sean Hannity claimed that Obama will allow 250,000 refugees in next year, but the official figure is still being reported as 10,000. I am assuming they know something we don't.

Amusingly, the US is allowing 10,000 and it is how big of a country? France is allowing three times this figure DESPITE the attacks and it is how big of a country? Maybe we should give the Statue of Liberty back to the French.

Archived