Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jake's Trump Thread -- Make America Great Again

Let each individual decide whether the evidence is there or not.

Darwin changed his religious beliefs after coming to a belief in

evolution. That seems to be a rather clear cut example of cause

and effect. I suppose only he knew all the variables that led to

that decision.

BUT is a lack of tangible physical evidence truly conclusive of God's non-existence???

2000 years ago during his sermon on the mount, a man challenged jesus saying "if you are truly the messiah then free us from the romans."

jesus merely responded saying "you shall not tempt the lord your god."

many do not insist on any direct communication or proof to recognize the existence of god.

the creation we see around us be affirmation enough.

it is called faith.

after asking jesus to show him his wounds from the crucifixion and after jesus complying, thomas fell to his knees saying "I believe!"

jesus then said "blessed are those who have not seen me and yet believe."

:)

BUT is a lack of tangible physical evidence truly conclusive of God's non-existence???

2000 years ago during his sermon on the mount, a man challenged jesus saying "if you are truly the messiah then free us from the romans."

jesus merely responded saying "you shall not tempt the lord your god."

many do not insist on any direct communication or proof to recognize the existence of god.

the creation we see around us be affirmation enough.

it is called faith.

after asking jesus to show him his wounds from the crucifixion and after jesus complying, thomas fell to his knees saying "I believe!"

jesus then said "blessed are those who have not seen me and yet believe."

I do not condemn or belittle those who attack god and religion but what is gained by belittling or mocking any person's faith?

to those who say god is not real I merely respond with "hey, you could be wrong."

7 months ago donald trump poised to be the gop nominee was regarded as an impossibility and yet it has happened.

so the line between confidence and arrogance can often times get thin. :)

ND, I don't begrudge any person's religious belief. If it makes you happier or provides you with peace of mind, then good for you. I only start to object when someone's supernatural beliefs compel them to try and dictate and/or control other people's lives.

ND, I don't begrudge any person's religious belief. If it makes you happier or provides you with peace of mind, then good for you. I only start to object when someone's supernatural beliefs compel them to try and dictate and/or control other people's lives.

well the left is NOW doing the same thing they were attacking the right for decades ago.

same-sex marriage...a society CANNOT bestow on to homosexual men and lesbian women a right to get married WITHOUT making a complete mockery of true marriage which is the matrimonial union of a man and a woman.

to imagine otherwise is what it is...irrational folly.

sodom and gamorrah were destroyed for such inequity.

sodom and gamorrah were destroyed for such inequity.

See, that's the whole "imposing your religious beliefs on other people" thing I was talking about. You sound about as rational as ISIS or the Taliban when you say stuff like that.

Trump was tipped off by Fox News that they were going to use video clips in the debate. If he had participated, they would have had to use those clips of him supporting partial-birth abortion, etc. So he and his friends at Fox concocted the whole deception which helped him make up an excuse as to why he wouldn't attend.

Apart from his political changes to suit the weather, Trump is really a wimp.

See, that's the whole "imposing your religious beliefs on other people" thing I was talking about. You sound about as rational as ISIS or the Taliban when you say stuff like that.

well, why should any enlightened person simply assume that the destruction of sodom and gamorrah never happened?

because they weren't there?

who was present when life supposedly began in some prehistoric ocean 4 billion years ago?

aren't a lot of science's conclusions about life and the earth's origin taken at face value?

and if so, is that not faith?

why should I take the bible to be true on face value alone?

why should anyone assume evolution to be true on face value alone?

evolution is scientific hypothesis but unproven fact.

if unproven then why does academia embrace it has fact?

there can be only one reason: personal predispositions which is bias.

science is supposed to be fact-driven and by nothing else. correct LawrenceA?

therefore the embracing of the evolutionary theory which is unproven fact betrays scientific objectivity.

that standard that modern science has set for itself and everything else relating to physical reality.

ND, I really don't want to get into a deep theological debate that will change no one's mind anyway. All I'll say is that scientists accept evolution due to a preponderance of evidence both observable and quantifiable. There is no such evidence of the existence of supernatural beings. Thus, religious faith.

ND, I really don't want to get into a deep theological debate that will change no one's mind anyway. All I'll say is that scientists accept evolution due to a preponderance of evidence both observable and quantifiable. There is no such evidence of the existence of supernatural beings. Thus, religious faith.

of course there is no physical evidence of supernatural beings. the bible itself says that god is a spirit.

how does one observe or confirm that which is physically imperceptible?

does that truly prove non-existence?

I accept that we only see 10% of the visible light spectrum.

I certainly do not question the existence of the unseen 90% simply because it is not visually perceptible to me personally.

I know it is there without seeing it.

take a false wall with an object hidden behind it. one will see only the false wall and assume a room to be empty...yet the object is there.

could the same thing not be true for god and the supernatural? :huh:

could the same thing not be true for god and the supernatural? :huh:

Stephen Hawking could tell you the answers to all of this if you only and an ounce of courage to spend 25 minutes watching a youtube video.

The answer to marriage is to get the government out of it and let the religions determine who they will or will not marry.  No divorce, no alimony, no marriage licenses, no government enforced child support, no tax or Social Secururity benefits for marriage, etc.

The answer to marriage is to get the government out of it and let the religions determine who they will or will not marry.  No divorce, no alimony, no marriage licenses, no government enforced child support, no tax or Social Secururity benefits for marriage, etc.

The number of civil lawsuits would skyrocket without some type of legal contract \ agreement between couples that cohabitate,  especially those couples that have children.  

The latest Real Clear Polls for Iowa.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_caucus-3194.html

Weather, for Iowa, is supposed to be good for this time of year for caucus day. Trump will need first time caucus goers to come out in good numbers to win a decisive victory.

huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Stephen Hawking could tell you the answers to all of this if you only and an ounce of courage to spend 25 minutes watching a youtube video.

that would require me to believe that Hawking is an objective seeker of truth lacking the bias of most believers in science.

I have been on both sides accepting evolution into my teens.

but you question my intellectual courage.

you would have a point if I adhered to traditional concepts of genesis creation but I have already said that I don't. :)

that would require me to believe that Hawking is an objective seeker of truth lacking the bias of most believers in science.

I have been on both sides accepting evolution into my teens.

but you question my intellectual courage.

you would have a point if I adhered to traditional concepts of genesis creation but I have already said that I don't. :)

The whole idea of science is to be objective, not subjective.

And yes, I do question your intellectual courage because you go on an on about your own opinions but are afraid to even investigate matters further.

That Hawking program was not about debunking Genesis but about the BIG question as to whether God created our universe.  And Hawking comes to the scientific conclusion and proves it that He did not.

And if He did not create our Universe then why are you and so many others on this planet relying on the gospels to inform you as to how to run your lives and to exclude others that are different from you?  Is it not all a sham?  Is it not time to take responsibility for your way of life and time on this planet?

If that's not enuff for you, well ... blame Obama.

The number of civil lawsuits would skyrocket without some type of legal contract \ agreement between couples that cohabitate,  especially those couples that have children.  

No, because there would be no laws giving them standing to sue.  Government would not recognize "marriage"

or it's byproducts (children).  Of course, part of the current problem is the people who want to make their religious marriage beliefs criminal laws rather than civil.

Donald Trump is ‘red-hot favorite’ to win in Iowa, New Hampshire

Read more:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/donald-trump-is-red-hot-favorite-to-win-in-iowa-new-hampshire-2016-01-30

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

Build the Wall. Keep 'em out. Round 'em up. Ship 'em out. Bad ones, wipe 'em out.

victory-is-mine-smiley-emoticon.gif

And yes, I do question your intellectual courage because you go on an on about your own opinions but are afraid to even investigate matters further.

That Hawking program was not about debunking Genesis but about the BIG question as to whether God created our universe.  And Hawking comes to the scientific conclusion and proves it that He did not.

And if He did not create our Universe then why are you and so many others on this planet relying on the gospels to inform you as to how to run your lives and to exclude others that are different from you?  Is it not all a sham?  Is it not time to take responsibility for your way of life and time on this planet?

in order to believe in evolution one must believe that chaos evolved into order by itself with no guiding intelligence.

it certainly takes an effort of mental faith to believe something like that.

can stephen hawking reconcile evolution to the laws of probability? I think not.

seems to me I was awful open-minded giving credence to evolution into my teens.

and yes I do blame obama for a multitude of things.

the man professes a christian faith yet celebrates a scotus rulling that attacks one of the major underpinnings of western civilization namely judeo-christian monogamous marriage.

but that's christian? sure it is. :huh:

as I have said before, I am neither a bible-thumping southern baptist or an evangelical zealot and I agree that organized christianity too often takes an excessively authoritarian tact when an unassuming affability would be better called for BUT...

it is just as wrong to characterize most of humanity that believes in some higher power, not just christianity, as unenlightened ignorant buffoons.

that covers the vast majority of humanity so just how fair and tolerant is that?

I myself would never belittle a buddhist or a hindu or even a muslim. :)

in order to believe in evolution one must believe that chaos evolved into order by itself with no guiding intelligence.

This comment just shows that you don't understand evolution. Who ever told you that anything in nature was without chaos?

Hear, hear!

I've long had a notion of a parallel of evolution theories and the Genesis scripture.  I've long held that the "holy" scripture was indeed man's attempt to explain the matter of his existence in allegory and simplistic terms, as much of the scientific designations have yet to be discovered, considered and named. 

I see no reason why God's will could or would not be accomplished on an evolutionary timetable, as long has been the argument as to how long the "days" in Genesis actually were.  And I CERTAINLY hope our government doesn't move instead to being a "faith based" legislature, since that sort of thing doesn't seem to be working out too well for those in the Middle East.

Sepiatone  PS:  One quick thought.-----should we take to calling him Forrest TRUMP?  Or---Donald GUMP?

it certainly takes an effort of mental faith to believe something like that.

can stephen hawking reconcile evolution to the laws of probability? I think not.

seems to me I was awful open-minded giving credence to evolution into my teens.

and yes I do blame obama for a multitude of things.

the man professes a christian faith yet celebrates a scotus rulling that attacks one of the major underpinnings of western civilization namely judeo-christian monogamous marriage.

but that's christian? sure it is. :huh:

as I have said before, I am neither a bible-thumping southern baptist or an evangelical zealot and I agree that organized christianity too often takes an excessively authoritarian tact when an unassuming affability would be better called for BUT...

it is just as wrong to characterize most of humanity that believes in some higher power, not just christianity, as unenlightened ignorant buffoons.

that covers the vast majority of humanity so just how fair and tolerant is that?

I myself would never belittle a buddhist or a hindu or even a muslim. :)

So you have never made fun of some Islamic dudes that believe killing others will get them 40 virgins in some so called heaven?

The point being that some beliefs make one an ignorant buffoon.     If you don't think so you're the one being PC.    Trump wouldn't like that!   :P

The point being that some beliefs make one an ignorant buffoon.     If you don't think so you're the one being PC.    Trump wouldn't like that!   :P

and that goes for evolution as well.

organic matter evolving to intelligence guided by...what?...nothing.

no, it doan take no effort of faith to believe in that at all. :lol:

and that goes for evolution as well.

organic matter evolving to intelligence guided by...what?...nothing.

no, it doan take no effort of faith to believe in that at all. :lol:

I have have won this debate but the vanquished doan wanna admit it and that's alright.

I acknowledge it for you. :D

a small courtesy. :)