Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jake's Trump Thread -- Make America Great Again

JakeHolman

Let's see how things work out in Canada with the refugees and you do have your own problems with other minorities  Hopefully, Harper will make a comeback for the good of Canada.

Canada has problems with minorities?

And this is coming from an American???

Hmm. I guess you musta heard about all those race riots we keep secret up here.

Let's see how things work out in Canada with the refugees and you do have your own problems with other minorities  Hopefully, Harper will make a comeback for the good of Canada.

Well, Harper did try to appeal to bigotry in our last election regarding Muslims in our country. So I can fully understand why you continue to find him so attractive, Jake.

So what happened now after Harper did that? Let me think . . . Oh, yeh, Canadians gave him the BOOT!

Canada has problems with minorities?

And this is coming from an American???

Hmm. I guess you musta heard about all those race riots we keep secret up here.

Need to consider JakeHolman's Mississippi perspective.  Anyone who is not a WASP male is a minority.

Need to consider JakeHolman's Mississippi perspective.  Anyone who is not a WASP male is a minority.

Indeed.  Was he thinking of the minorities when he mentions 'problems' or problems that he has with them.

Let's see how things work out in Canada with the refugees and you do have your own problems with other minorities Hopefully, Harper will make a comeback for the good of Canada.

75px-Stephen-Harper-Cropped-2014-02-18.j

Have a great evening.

We're starting to see a problem with another minority group. WASP men who are high school dropouts or just barely made it out. They're involved in a lot of gun-related crime and Drug offenses, mainly meth related. They particularly are into holding up the 7-Eleven and the all-night gasoline stations.

In my neck of the woods they account for the majority of the arrests.

Also you see guys like these standing on street corners, begging for money and asking for help.

Now couldn't some of these men be Catholic? :)

My Dear Vautrin--

Anything is Possible. However, we could say for the most part in these parts these men are coming from the public school sector.

The Catholic schools have a much higher percentage success rate with their students.

Also, we tend to know the identities of many of those who have been involved in armed robberies and drug issues and the such. People are identified by their backgrounds in the newspaper.

But you're absolutely correct-- a Catholic can also fall through life's safety net.

Catholic schools have a much higher percentage success rate with their students.

That was my opinion when I decided to have my daughter baptized Catholic. Couldn't care less about the religion itself, though I'd been raised as one and had attended Catholic school myself.

I just wanted her to have the safer and generally more moralistic environment for those 7 hours per day of compulsory school attendance.

That was my opinion when I decided to have my daughter baptized Catholic. Couldn't care less about the religion itself, though I'd been raised as one and had attended Catholic school myself.

I just wanted her to have the safer and generally more moralistic environment for those 7 hours per day of compulsory school attendance.

BAck when I was in school, anybody could attend Catholic schools.  Probably a fee for non-Catholics.  It was where parents sent their poor performing or discipline problem children.

My Dear Vautrin--

Anything is Possible. However, we could say for the most part in these parts these men are coming from the public school sector.

The Catholic schools have a much higher percentage success rate with their students.

Also, we tend to know the identities of many of those who have been involved in armed robberies and drug issues and the such. People are identified by their backgrounds in the newspaper.

But you're absolutely correct-- a Catholic can also fall through life's safety net.

I just brought it up as the P in WASP stands for Protestant, and

I figured there must be a few Catholic gents out there who are

in the same situation.

BAck when I was in school, anybody could attend Catholic schools.  Probably a fee for non-Catholics.  It was where parents sent their poor performing or discipline problem children.

In Canada, one had to be Catholic to attend a Catholic school.

That was changed recently, but non-Catholics are strongly discouraged from enrolling their children in a Catholic school - and as a result few do. 

Discouraged because such children feel very much excluded from Catholic school specialties like religious education, preparation for sacraments (First Communion, Confirmation), Ash Wednesday and Lent programs - and so forth - which can feel rather hurtful. How must it feel to be the only kid in the school who is excluded from certain activities that are intended only for baptized Catholics?

That's why I had her baptized. It was my wife who first inquired at the school about enrolling our child. When she admitted that she herself wasn't Catholic she was told to have me (who was raised Catholic) see them instead. Interviews with the school and the parish priest followed that.

All in all, it was a good decision I made there. My daughter did very, very well in the Catholic School System and has become a remarkable woman and a gifted professional.

And, like her dad, her Catholic training plays very little part in her considerations of anything.

That's so different from the way life is in the United States.

I think Canada still retains a lot of that European attitude about the state religion in the Catholic Church.

I heard a lot about that living in France.

In America a lot of people attend Catholic Schools who are not Catholics.

They told me they're just dismissed from or they don't have to attend the religious classes. It's no big deal.

I've even had friends who attended Lutheran School because their parents thought it was better than the local public school option. They enjoyed it, but it was no big deal in terms of them being excluded from anything.

As for the Catholic students that I remember they're often telling me a lot of jokes and stories about priests and nuns that they liked or they didn't like. Some seem to have gotten a religious background from that education and many others just saw it very similar to public school education.

I think it just depends on the individual.

That's so different from the way life is in the United States.

I think Canada still retains a lot of that European attitude about the state religion in the Catholic Church.

I heard a lot about that living in France.

In America a lot of people attend Catholic Schools who are not Catholics.

They told me they're just dismissed from or they don't have to attend the religious classes. It's no big deal.

I've even had friends who attended Lutheran School because their parents thought it was better than the local public school option. They enjoyed it, but it was no big deal in terms of them being excluded from anything.

As for the Catholic students that I remember they're often telling me a lot of jokes and stories about priests and nuns that they liked or they didn't like. Some seem to have gotten a religious background from that education and many others just saw it very similar to public school education.

I think it just depends on the individual.

Some things have changed a lot. The beatings I used to get from the nuns and priests aren't done anymore.

Ahh, the 50's and early 60's! The last of a dark age.

Some things have changed a lot. The beatings I used to get from the nuns and priests aren't done anymore.

Ahh, the 50's and early 60's! The last of a dark age.

Dark--

In my Public elementary school the principal had a paddle so he could paddle different students who were obstreperous. But I wouldn't call them beatings.

If the student had really been bad, then the principal would call their father in. And the student would be whipped-- in front of the principal--by his own father. Now that may have been constituted as a beating, but you'd have to be there though to know for sure.

I guess those sure were the good ol Days.LMREO

Dark--

In my Public elementary school the principal had a paddle so he could paddle different students who were obstreperous. But I wouldn't call them beatings.

If the student had really been bad, then the principal would call their father in. And the student would be whipped-- in front of the principal--by his own father. Now that may have been constituted as a beating, but you'd have to be there though to know for sure.

I guess those sure were the good ol Days.LMREO

I was never beaten with a paddle. Lots of strappings, shakings, ear-twistings, and a couple of blows to the head from a particularly nasty priest. But no paddling. And parents were never called - the nuns had full power to do as they wish.

The one standard I got pretty much every year was "the slugs". It involved holding one's hand out, palm upturned, while a nun or teacher brought a leather strap down on the palm with prejudice. The number of times the strap came down varied - according to what exactly I don't know.

They don't do these things anymore. Today's kids have no idea.

It turns out Donald Trump's father was the racist landlord Woody Guthrie hated

I suppose
Old Man Trump knows
Just how much
Racial Hate
he stirred up
In the bloodpot of human hearts
When he drawed
That color line
Here at his
Eighteen hundred family project .…

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/1/21/1472974/-It-turns-out-Donald-Trump-s-father-was-the-racist-landlord-Woody-Guthrie-hated

http://theconversation.com/woody-guthrie-old-man-trump-and-a-real-estate-empires-racist-foundations-53026

Donald Trump to Meet With Senator Joni Ernst, a Possible Running Mate
05fd-TRUMPVEEP-master768.jpg
Read & view more Times >

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/05/us/politics/joni-ernst-trump-vp.html?_r=0

Shrewd move by the Emperor to bolster his appeal to women voters. This race is going to be a barn burner unless HRC gets indicted. 

audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Trumpus Maximus Americanus!

Clinton 2 points up, with only one poll showing for July 2nd. June 30 polls have Clinton over Trump in 9 out of 10 polls, by as much as 23 points.

5j7nN0I.gif

well and good!...

because no conventions and debates have thus far occurred...

those numbers for hillary warrior harridan won't hold up wants the fun begins.

the man for the job

:D

well and good!...

because no conventions and debates have thus far occurred...

those numbers for hillary warrior harridan won't hold up wants the fun begins.

the man for the job

:D

Well, Trump has begun making his move, according to Nate Silver's fivethirtyeight.com:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

RCP has a 4.6 lead for Clinton. This is close to being within the margin of error meaning a statistical dead heat. Trumpus has not collapsed in the polls as many of his enemies had hoped helping him with his fund raising.

Read RealClearPoltics polling >

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Archived