Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jake's Trump Thread -- Make America Great Again

JakeHolman

General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

RCP has a 4.6 lead for Clinton. This is close to being within the margin of error meaning a statistical dead heat. Trumpus has not collapsed in the polls as many of his enemies had hoped helping him with his fund raising.

Just wait until Jodi Ernst becomes his running mate. Sounds like Palin Redux to me!

Just wait until Jodi Ernst becomes his running mate. Sounds like Palin Redux to me!

Ernst is a rocket scientist compared to Palin.    While I disagree with many of her political positions she represents the citizens of her conservative state well.

well and good!...

because no conventions and debates have thus far occurred...

those numbers for hillary warrior harridan won't hold up wants the fun begins.

Trumpus Maximus Americanus!

the man for the job

:D

The debates will be fascinating. Trumpies relish the anti-PC but if he is too wild and nasty ... !?

Trumpies might have some concern here, common decency isn't completely gone ... yet.

A thought: Gore's dreadful performances in the debates might not have phased anyone if they had happened in today's world. He was so roundly criticized in the first one, and then exacerbated the situation with a not-a-peep-from-me strategy in the second. He decimated the weak in the third one, but it was somehow too late. A reasonably good showing in all three might have overcome all the problems, ballots, chads, Courts, ad nauseum. 

...common decency isn't completely gone ... yet.

Really? What has to happen for that milestone to be declared? Does Trump have to literally throw his excrement at his opponents? He bragged about the size of his manhood in a nationally televised debate. He attacked the appearance of his opponent's wife. He mocked the physically handicapped and P.O.W.s, He openly, unrepentantly denigrates entire races and religions. He advocates the use of violence against his opponents at his rallies. He has threatened retribution against unfavorable media. 

Common decency took the train out of town months ago.

Joni Ernst? The pork cutter from Iowa? This guy really can't get anyone to run with him, can he?

I've seen it all now when the first thing out of her mouth is experience in castrating hogs.

I've seen it all now when the first thing out of her mouth is experience in castrating hogs.

That ad used a very basic campaign strategy;  'I'm one of you'  (and since she is a women, "I'm one of the boys').

Bottom line is that it worked very well in Iowa and she won.    But I'm not sold that adding her to the ticket would help bring in voters in those rustbelt states Trump needs in November.   

That ad used a very basic campaign strategy;  'I'm one of you'  (and since she is a women, "I'm one of the boys').

Bottom line is that it worked very well in Iowa and she won.    But I'm not sold that adding her to the ticket would help bring in voters in those rustbelt states Trump needs in November.   

Well, it made my cross my legs and wince.   :wacko:

Really? What has to happen for that milestone to be declared? Does Trump have to literally throw his excrement at his opponents? He bragged about the size of his manhood in a nationally televised debate. He attacked the appearance of his opponent's wife. He mocked the physically handicapped and P.O.W.s, He openly, unrepentantly denigrates entire races and religions. He advocates the use of violence against his opponents at his rallies. He has threatened retribution against unfavorable media. 

Common decency took the train out of town months ago.

Common decency in the main ... is what I meant. We all know (well, most of us) that Trump is a disaster in that regard.

The Presidential Debates will be under much more scrutiny than those earlier Repub debates to which you refer.

They are much more make-or-break in their impact.

I maintain that a particularly execrable perf by Trump might finally take a toll ... IMO (I hope).

EDIT: If so, common decency is alive and well ... I hope.

:mellow:

Ernst is a rocket scientist compared to Palin.    While I disagree with many of her political positions she represents the citizens of her conservative state well.

Isn't that the same conservative state with voters insulted by Trump during the primary season?

Isn't that the same conservative state with voters insulted by Trump during the primary season?

Well yes,  but Trump insulted voters in every state.   

I just don't see a majority of voters in Iowa voting for Clinton therefore Iowa isn't in play.    So I'm not following what point your making by that comment. 

The debates will be fascinating. Trumpies relish the anti-PC but if he is too wild and nasty ... !?

Trumpies might have some concern here, common decency isn't completely gone ... yet.

A thought: Gore's dreadful performances in the debates might not have phased anyone if they had happened in today's world. He was so roundly criticized in the first one, and then exacerbated the situation with a not-a-peep-from-me strategy in the second. He decimated the weak in the third one, but it was somehow too late. A reasonably good showing in all three might have overcome all the problems, ballots, chads, Courts, ad nauseum. 

loretta lynch meeting with bill clinton and the dead silence emanating from obama on it prove that if the man ever had any honesty or integrity...

he sure doan have it now! :lol:

loretta lynch meeting with bill clinton and the dead silence emanating from obama on it prove that if the man ever had any honesty or integrity...

You know the old saying: Power corrupts, but absolute power corrupts absolutely! Trump will discover that when he becomes president.

If the worst thing you can say about Obama involves his silence, I'm sure even he might consider that a compliment.   :ph34r:

Well yes,  but Trump insulted voters in every state.   

I just don't see a majority of voters in Iowa voting for Clinton therefore Iowa isn't in play.    So I'm not following what point your making by that comment. 

True. But there's always a chance that Iowa voters haven't forgiven Trump.

Anyway, I'm not following the idea of Joni Ernst as presidential timber. Maine has two distinguished Republican senators -- both women -- who tower over her. Perhaps they are too moderate for the Republican base. Or maybe they're too smart to ever be on the same ticket with Trump.

Donald Trump to Meet With Senator Joni Ernst, a Possible Running Mate

Trumpus Maximumanus Americananus!

Shows how desperate he is becoming.

Regardless, the VP slot seldom really contributes to the electoral vote tally.  However, it can possibly hurt it as Palin did.

JakeassHolemanus

I always vote Dem and I liked Bill Clinton ... for awhile. I regard him as an immense disappointment, overall. Such a smart man and his heart generally in the right place too IMO.

In view of all the crap that went on with him, I'll never forget when he ordered a strike on Iraq on the first day of his impeachment vote. I can't believe how transparent that was.

I am proud of him for all the hoops he had to jump through in order to get those two Asian women out North Korea. The speech the one girl made just off the airplane remains one the big weepies for me. I was so proud of Bill Clinton for doing that.

Nothing Bill Clinton did will eclipse the tragedies caused by his successor.

:mellow:..

--

True. But there's always a chance that Iowa voters haven't forgiven Trump.

Anyway, I'm not following the idea of Joni Ernst as presidential timber. Maine has two distinguished Republican senators -- both women -- who tower over her. Perhaps they are too moderate for the Republican base. Or maybe they're too smart to ever be on the same ticket with Trump.

Ernst has around the same  'presidential timber' as Obama back in 2008.      Ernst also gave the GOP response to the State of the Union speech by the President a clear indication she is viewed highly by those in the party.       

If Trump needs someone like Ernst to win Iowa,   he is toast.   

Ernst has around the same  'presidential timber' as Obama back in 2008.  Ernst also gave the GOP response to the State of the Union speech by the President a clear indication she is viewed highly by those in the party.    

Someone actually watches those GOP responses? I stopped after the Jindal fiasco in 2009, although I'm sorry I missed the Rubio water break in 2013!

You know the old saying: Power corrupts, but absolute power corrupts absolutely! Trump will discover that when he becomes president.

If the worst thing you can say about Obama involves his silence, I'm sure even he might consider that a compliment.   :ph34r:

I do remember obama painting himself back in 2008 as a very different person then we have gotten.

early 2008, here he is with messianicness of forethought saying to a cheering crowd of worshippers...

"I know that the american people are tired of the same ol' politics as usual."

making the case that if we elected him...all that would change.

loretta lynch should not have met with bill clinton...anytime, any place or anywhere.

how could she not know that?

if obama and hillary's shortcomings doan bother alotta posters here...

then donald trump's flamboyance sure ain't gonna bother me. :D

see how it works? it's called reciprocating in kind.

have a nice day, everyone. donny's on the horizon. :D

pronouncement of power

:)

I do remember obama painting himself back in 2008 as a very different person then we have gotten.

early 2008, here is is saying to a cheering crowd of worshippers...

loretta lynch should not have met with bill clinton...anytime, any place or anywhere.

pronouncement of power

Flamboyance? Is that what you call it?

And your comparing ... that ... with the Clinton-Lynch connection?

Reciprocating in kind, is it? Hardly.

Why didn't she know better? Now you know how the most of us feel about the unsuitability of DonnyBrook as president. It's natural to warm up to some his ideas if that is yer wont, but he shouldn't be president. It's the hue and cry of common sense. Why don't you know that?

You need to eat more tuna. I mean they say that fish is brain food, right?

:P

early 2008, here he is with messianicness of forethought saying to a cheering crowd of worshippers...

pronouncement of power

Nip--

My brother used to have a Joe Palooka plastic punching bag. You remember Joe Palooka-- he was the comic strip boxer.

I'm concerned about you that you won't have Barack Obama to kick around anymore after he's not president.

So I think what we need to get for you a Barack Obama plastic punching bag.

That ought to keep your happy for at least the next four years.

He can't seem to do anything to please you.

I remember when Richard Nixon lost the presidential election to Kennedy in 1960.

He told the press that--"you won't have Richard Nixon to kick around anymore".

Well I think this Barack Obama plastic punching bag is a perfect gift for you and maybe some nice friend will give you a Hillary Clinton plastic punching bag too.

In fact maybe we all oughta get plastic punching bags for all those people who went to the Ivy League schools.

They certainly don't know everything.LOL

It's all that mercury. It ate holes in his brain. Like a 2 pound lump of Swiss cheese rattlin' around up there.  ;)

[i kid, Nippy. You know you're my favorite space cadet.]

Flamboyance? Is that what you call it?

And your comparing ... that ... with the Clinton-Lynch connection?

Reciprocating in kind, is it? Hardly.

Why didn't she know better? Now you know how the most of us feel about the unsuitability of DonnyBrook as president. It's natural to warm up to some his ideas if that is yer wont, but he shouldn't be president. It's the hue and cry of common sense. Why don't you know that?

Wanting to know how Lynch could be so stupid to meet with Bill Clinton is reasonable,  but of course we will never know.

But Obama should have fired Lynch for being such a dummy.

Nip--

My brother used to have a Joe Palooka plastic punching bag. You remember Joe Palooka-- he was the comic strip boxer.

I'm concerned about you that you won't have Barack Obama to kick around anymore after he's not president.

So I think what we need to get for you a Barack Obama plastic punching bag.

That ought to keep your happy for at least the next four years.

He can't seem to do anything to please you.

I remember when Richard Nixon lost the presidential election to Kennedy in 1960.

He told the press that--"you won't have Richard Nixon to kick around anymore".

Well I think this Barack Obama plastic punching bag is a perfect gift for you and maybe some nice friend will give you a Hillary Clinton plastic punching bag too.

In fact maybe we all oughta get plastic punching bags for all those people who went to the Ivy League schools.

They certainly don't know everything.LOL

Maybe it will go well next to his Bill Clinton punching bag

;)

It is horrifically common to see things in either black and white. If I don't like Obama or Donnybrook then if follows that these people are every inch a bad, bad, person. Most of us are relentlessly GREY. 

Yes, even Donnybrook is GREY. But he is not suitable for president.

Oh---I hear some cry---but neither is Obama! But those I would say, at least we have survived.

Surviving Donnybook (if necessary) is anything but a gimmie.

Archived