Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

Jake's Trump Thread -- Make America Great Again

I'll say it again.  Trump's vocabulary is very limited so reading a speech prepared by someone else using normal language probably does confuse him.

Also, picking retired career military as a VP candidate is not a good idea.  One thing you learn from being in the military is that it is a totally different world from government and politics.  They would have a hard time adapting and become very frustrated. Of course they do know something about politics because that's how they got to be generals and admirals, but not about "civilian" politics.

Well, according to Trump he knows more than the generals anyway so who needs them.  I think he should pick a supermodel.  Maybe Miss Ohio or Miss Pennsylvania and grab those swing state votes.

• Like 2

I'll say it again.  Trump's vocabulary is very limited so reading a speech prepared by someone else using normal language probably does confuse him.

Also, picking retired career military as a VP candidate is not a good idea.  One thing you learn from being in the military is that it is a totally different world from government and politics.  They would have a hard time adapting and become very frustrated. Of course they do know something about politics because that's how they got to be generals and admirals, but not about "civilian" politics.

In the case of Trump having a retired general might be useful as it relates to foreign policy.    Foreign policy is an area where the President has more control as Commander in Chief.    With domestic policy the 'balance of power' concept limits the power of the President.

In the case of Trump this is still just window dressing since he is so unqualified to be President.   Even Eisenhower as his V.P.  would still be putting lipstick on a pig.

Doesn't matter because even if elected, the Republicans in Congress will never provide the funding that is necessary for the VA.  That is the major problem now - inadequate funding due to Republicans eliminating money from Pres. Obama's and the Democrats' budgets.

In the case of Trump having a retired general might be useful as it relates to foreign policy.    Foreign policy is an area where the President has more control as Commander in Chief.    With domestic policy the 'balance of power' concept limits the power of the President.

In the case of Trump this is still just window dressing since he is so unqualified to be President.   Even Eisenhower as his V.P.  would still be putting lipstick on a pig.

Retired military are not foreign affairs experts and never have been, but they do know more than Trump.

The Emperor will tell us about his 10 point plan to improve the VA for veterans.

How about starting with less veterans.

Last night’s horrific execution-style shootings of 12 Dallas law enforcement officers – five of whom were killed and seven wounded - is an attack on our country. It is a coordinated, premeditated assault on the men and women who keep us safe.

No, it's not an attack on our country. It was a shooting by some

nutter with lots of weapons. As sad as that is, it really isn't that

important in the larger scheme of things. Americans sure are an

excitable bunch. Their nervous nellie act is getting tiresome.

Can one coordinate with oneself? Lets' go up to the tenth floor.

Okay, let's go up to the tenth floor. Okay, move out. Okay, move

out.

• Like 1

George Wallace's running mate was a general. I forget his name. Of course, there's Eisenhower. 

George Wallace's running mate was a general. I forget his name. Of course, there's Eisenhower. 

That was Curtis "bomb them back into the Stone Age" LeMay.

It was MacArthur who was really going hard after the '52 Republican nomination, not Eisenhower. He might have actually gotten it if he hadn't blown Korea so badly, almost getting us into a war with Red China.

• Like 1

Apparently Burt Lancaster's character in Seven Days in May was based on LeMay.  And some say George C. Scott's character in Dr. Strangelove too.  He was advising Kennedy to do a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the Soviets during the Cuban missile crisis.  "10 to 20 million tops" is practically from the transcript of the Cuban Missile Crisis conferences.

Republican Despair Grows As Instead Of Campaigning Trump Is Hate Tweeting CNN--

"Trump is losing in every credible poll. The Republican Party is flailing around deeply divided. The nominee should be leading the party, but Republican primary voters picked Donald Trump, so what they are getting is a lazy candidate who holds a few events each week, and spends most of his time obsessing about his media coverage.

Donald Trump is destroying the Republican Party through a combination of incompetence, poor judgment, and neglect.....

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/07/10/republican-despair-grows-campaigning-trump-hate-tweeting-cnn.html

:lol:

While Eisenhower was a general, he was as much a politician as well.  Which is why he was so successful as the Allied European commander in WW  II.  He had actually never had a command as such until he was given the US Army in Europe. The world was also somewhat simpler back then and the early 50's were a fairly good period for the US.

While Eisenhower was a general, he was as much a politician as well.  Which is why he was so successful as the Allied European commander in WW  II.  He had actually never had a command as such until he was given the US Army in Europe. The world was also somewhat simpler back then and the early 50's were a fairly good period for the US.

Simpler for sure. People believed everything they were told.

"Even Donald Trump is admitting that his potential running mates are losers who will not make a difference in the election.

Despite making clear that he was nearing a decision on his running mate, Trump seemed to play down the influence any such pick might have. “History has said nobody ever helps,” said Trump, citing Lyndon Johnson’s selection as John F. Kennedy’s running mate as the last VP pick that truly mattered. “I’ve never seen anybody that’s helped.”

Trump also hinted that he needed a running mate that was liked and respected by the Republican establishment to bring the party together....

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/07/11/trump-admits-vp-choices-losers-difference.html

Simpler for sure. People believed everything they were told.

Got some News fer ya...THEY STILL DO!!!   LOLOL :P  :)

Law and Order:  Hitler, Stalin, ISIS, George Wallace, Donald Trump.

Apparently Burt Lancaster's character in Seven Days in May was based on LeMay.  And some say George C. Scott's character in Dr. Strangelove too.  He was advising Kennedy to do a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the Soviets during the Cuban missile crisis.  "10 to 20 million tops" is practically from the transcript of the Cuban Missile Crisis conferences.

Lancaster's character may have also been partly based on MacArthur, who continually defied Truman's authority.

Lancaster's character may have also been partly based on MacArthur, who continually defied Truman's authority.

This from the book The Untold History of the Untied States ...

In the summer of 1962, Kennedy read an advance copy of the soon-to-be-best-selling novel Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles Bailey, in which a military coup occurs in the United States.  Knebel had gotten the idea when interviewing General Curtis LeMay.

As for Dr. Strangelove it was an assumption of mine based on the transcripts of the Cuban Missile Crisis conferences in which LeMay eerily predicted casualties similar to that in the Kubrick film when he was encouraging Kennedy to go for a preemptive total nuclear strike against the Russians.  I had occasion to ask Kubrick's widow if Buck Turgidson was based on LeMay and all she would say was "yes, he and others."

This from the book The Untold History of the Untied States ...

In the summer of 1962, Kennedy read an advance copy of the soon-to-be-best-selling novel Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles Bailey, in which a military coup occurs in the United States.  Knebel had gotten the idea when interviewing General Curtis LeMay.

As for Dr. Strangelove it was an assumption of mine based on the transcripts of the Cuban Missile Crisis conferences in which LeMay eerily predicted casualties similar to that in the Kubrick film when he was encouraging Kennedy to go for a preemptive total nuclear strike against the Russians.  I had occasion to ask Kubrick's widow if Buck Turgidson was based on LeMay and all she would say was "yes, he and others."

The only think you're giving me to hang on to is that the "others" included MacArthur..........Wallace and Lemay sure would have been a dream governing team, no?

The only think you're giving me to hang on to is that the "others" included MacArthur..........Wallace and Lemay sure would have been a dream governing team, no?

That was to do with Strangelove, not Seven Days In May.  And I got the impression that Mrs. Kubrick did not wish to name LeMay specifically in a public forum hence her answer.  I mean, what other general was so outspoken regarding a total pre-emptive nuclear strike against the Russians?

MacArthur was against the use of nuclear weapons, even when it came to the Japanese.  

And Donny's favorite law are the bankruptcy codes.

That was to do with Strangelove, not Seven Days In May.  And I got the impression that Mrs. Kubrick did not wish to name LeMay specifically in a public forum hence her answer.  I mean, what other general was so outspoken regarding a total pre-emptive nuclear strike against the Russians?

MacArthur was against the use of nuclear weapons, even when it came to the Japanese.  

But he also wanted to invade China during the Korean War and using multiple nuclear bombs.