Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

Jake's Trump Thread -- Make America Great Again

I haven't watched the GOP convention. Heck, I can just

go to the next Klan meeting, it's a lot more convenient. :)

• Like 2

mock trump if you will. some of you were mocking him 6 months ago.

I think come november 9th, alotta liberal weisenheimers are gonna be laughing outta the other side of their kazoos...

Trumpus! Maximus! Americanus!

just because :D

You should consider stepping out of the Republican bubble. It's that kind of thinking that persuaded Mitt Romney he was going to be the 45th president on Election Night 2012. Not only did his bubble burst, it blew up big time by 11 p.m. ET. And it prompted a tweet from this guy:

Our country is now in serious and unprecedented trouble...like never before.

POLITICS

RNC Communications Chief Cites ‘My Little Pony’ In Defense Of Melania Trump’s Plagiarism

But what would Princess Celestia say about all this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rnc-my-little-pony_us_578e696ee4b04ca54ebef569

I can't wait to hear Trump's acceptance speech for the Republican nomination for president of the United States.

My Little Pony has given him two choices--

"I have a dream to be president"

OR

Ask not what Donald Trump can do for you

Ask what you can do for Donald Trump

My gut feeling is he's going to go with the latter.

• Like 1

45]

45]

RlEwv241_bigger.jpegBrian Hiatt@hiattb 12h12 hours ago

I would imagine very, very few Americans who support Trump have read ANYTHING in-depth about him, or else they wouldn't be supporting him.

Brian is making a lot of assumptions here. He's assuming that a great many of Trump's supporters are literate.

Do you know 32 million people in United States are functionally illiterate. There's no way for us to know how many of those are Trump supporters, is there?

You know how much Trump loves the poorly educated. And now maybe, we know why.

Brian is making a lot of assumptions here. He's assuming that a great many of Trump's supporters are literate.

Do you know 32 million people in United States are functionally illiterate. There's no way for us to know how many of those are Trump supporters, is there?

You know how much Trump loves the poorly educated. And now maybe, we know why.

They may be poorly educated, but they could still get into Trump University. Harvard it's not.

• Like 1

Trump Could Seek New Law To Purge Government Of Obama Appointees

“As you know from his other career, Donald likes to fire people.”

07/19/2016 10:20 pm 
partner-reuters-e1ea574e027425f2bbc49b1e
578edfd3190000aa038a7247.jpeg
Photo credit: The Associated Press

Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump flash two thumbs up as he introduces his wife Melania during the opening day of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Monday, July 18, 2016.

• Like 1

Trump Could Seek New Law To Purge Government Of Obama Appointees

“As you know from his other career, Donald likes to fire people.”

07/19/2016 10:20 pm 
partner-reuters-e1ea574e027425f2bbc49b1e

Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump flash two thumbs up as he introduces his wife Melania during the opening day of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Monday, July 18, 2016.

More and more like Hitler every day.  Remember Hitler did not found the Nazi Party, he merely took control of it.  Is this what is happening with the Republican Party?

Of course if he could fire the Obama appointees, he could also fire any Republicans he did not like as well.

More and more like Hitler every day.  Remember Hitler did not found the Nazi Party, he merely took control of it.  Is this what is happening with the Republican Party?

Of course if he could fire the Obama appointees, he could also fire any Republicans he did not like as well.

Well, he tried to delegitimize the president during his short-lived stint as a birther. So this new development shouldn't be a surprise.

You have to wonder why it hasn't been done already with all

the other classic TV shows turned into movies. I doubt a movie

will be as good.

Probably not, but if they updated it a bit, it could be a hit. They'd need a new Arnold though. (am sure his bacon was fried long ago)...

Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't the Democrats form the Klan. ?

It's possible, but parties change over the years. The South became Democratic after the Civil War, because Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. The South became Republican after the Civil Rights Acts of the 1960s, because LBJ and the Democrats were the ones who created and pushed through those laws. My father's New York Republican Party was the party of progressives like Nelson Rockefeller, Jacob Javits, and John Lindsay -- that all changed in the 1960s. Today, the Democrats are the progressives; the Republicans are the right-wing. 

The interesting thing is that the Democrats haven't moved much more to the left in recent years. Obama is less liberal than LBJ. But the Republicans have moved so far to the loony right. The great Teddy Roosevelt would be a left-leaning Democrat today. Can you imagine TR, a Republican President, trying to get through National Parks legislation today?

• Like 1

and I suppose next week's democrat nat'l convention woan be consumed by fervent anti-trump rage. :lol:

I wouldn't call it rage. After what we've seen this week out of Cleveland, the Republicans have cornered the market on that. They probably realize that their time is up if the Democrats win big in November!

The Dems probably will focus on how great America is and always has been -- in direct contrast to the  misinformation disseminated by the other side.  :ph34r:

I see a lot of spin in your answer.

I wasn't very good in history class but wasn't it a democratic controlled Supreme Court that passed the Dred Scott decision ?

You can't even compare today's Democratic Party with the one from 50 to 60 years ago, which was controlled by segregationist Southerners in the House and the Senate. Most of them -- or their successors -- became Republicans in the 1970s, anyway.

You definitely can't call today's anti-government Republicans the Party of Lincoln!

You can't even compare today's Democratic Party with the one from 50-60 years ago, which was controlled by segregationist Southerners in the House and the Senate. Most of them -- or their successors -- became Republicans in the 1970s, anyway.

You definitely can't compare today's Republicans with the Party of Lincoln!

I agree but who is to say that secular progressives can be any less arbitrary and tyrannical than southern segregationists?

Donald Seals the Deal

The political newcomer from Queens becomes champion of the GOP.
ty.jpg?itok=AA6WxWyq

CLEVELAND -- Republican delegates made history last night voting to make a bold, flamboyant political novice named Donald Trump their party's standard-bearer in what promises to be an epic electoral fight this fall against Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Trump, who had flirted with running for president many times before, actually got serious this time and there was no stopping him. He mowed down 16 other candidates vying for the GOP nod, while advancing radical but sensible proposals like deporting millions of illegal aliens and placing a temporary ban on terrorism-prone Muslims entering the United States. He took intense heat from his own party, conservative intellectuals, Democrats, and the media but he never gave in.

Read & view more Front Page Mag. >

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/263574/donald-seals-deal-matthew-vadum

Trumpus Maximus Americanus!!!

audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

I agree but who is to say that secular progressives can be any less arbitrary and tyrannical than southern segregationists?

That's not going to happen. You'll see improvements on Obama's advances. And hopefully an end to obstructionism by the Repubicans in the House and Senate. Maybe Merritt Garland will get a hearing on his nomination to the Supreme Court after months of stonewalling (Scalia's seat has been vacant for 158 days).

I was just about to ask about the History of the Jim Crow law, maybe you can fill me in?

That was the Deep South's reaction to the Reconstruction era, which afforded political and socio-economic opportunities for ex-slaves after the Civil War. Once Rutherford B. Hayes made a deal with white Southerners to remove U.S. troops from the South, the white-controlled state legislatures throughout the region began establishing separate but equal clauses in their constitutions. That was upheld by the Supreme Court in the 1896 case of "Plessy v. Ferguson." The ruling stood until the landmark 1954 "Brown vs. Board of Education" case, in which the Warren Court voted 9-0 to desegregate the nation's schools.

Of course, that set the stage for President Lyndon B. Johnson's stellar successes in securing passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. But many Southern congressmen became Republicans as a result, and the region has been under the GOP's spell ever since.