Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

Jake's Trump Thread -- Make America Great Again

I love JFK,LBJ,MLK, and Bobby Kennedy

If you haven't seen it, you should check out HBO's production of "All the Way," which stars Bryan Cranston as LBJ and focuses on the 36th president's attempts to pass civil rights legislation. The film is nominated for a 2015-2016 Primetime Emmy Award as Outstanding Limited Series or Movie. Cranston is nominated as Best Actor in a Limited Series or Movie.

cjbbrfyuuaeriqy.jpg?quality=80&w=635

Cranston as LBJ

• Like 2

e58a7fd454fe86cb7fa9d91c8b93d3a0.jpg

Build the Wall. Keep 'em out. Round 'em up. Boot 'em out! Bad ones wipe 'em out!

Melania Trump Speechwriter Takes Blame For Plagiarizing Michelle Obama’s Speech

The speechwriter said Trump admires Obama and was using her words as inspiration.
 07/20/2016 01:06 pm 13:06:09 | Updated 3 minutes ago
Daniel Marans Reporter, Huffington Post
578fac432400002700b32268.jpeg
ALEX WONG VIA GETTY IMAGES
A speechwriter for Melania Trump took responsibility Wednesday for cribbing lines from first lady Michelle Obama’s 2008 address to the Democratic National Convention.
  • Like 1

e58a7fd454fe86cb7fa9d91c8b93d3a0.jpg

Build the Wall. Keep 'em out. Round 'em up. Boot 'em out! Bad ones wipe 'em out!

The one that says...We want ISIS eliminated not "contained".

I rather say ANNIHILATED. (sound more final)

annihilateverb [ T ]  US  /əˈnɑɪ·əˌleɪt/

to destroy completelyleavingnothing:

About the wall, just thinking it didn't work for them.

iStock_000052149090_Small.jpg

quote-fixed-fortifications-are-a-monumen

POLITICS

Donald Trump Adviser Says Hillary Clinton Should Be Shot By Firing Squad

Al Baldasaro advises Trump on veterans issues.
 07/20/2016 01:25 pm 13:25:24 | Updated 51 minutes ago
Laura Barron-Lopez Congressional Reporter, The Huffington Post
578fa29b190000d1038a73e5.jpeg
SPENCER PLATT/GETTY IMAGES

Former Marine Al Baldasaro speaks alongside GOP nominee Donald Trump on May 31, 2016 in New York City.

WASHINGTON ― One of Donald Trump’s advisers on veterans affairs wants Hillary Clinton to be shot for treason.

Al Baldasaro, a New Hampshire state representative and delegate for the Republican presidential nominee, made the comments during an interview on “The Kuhner Report” radio show on Tuesday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/al-baldasaro-donald-trump-hillary-clinton_us_578fa150e4b07c722ebd2fd1?section=

POLITICS

Donald Trump Adviser Says Hillary Clinton Should Be Shot By Firing Squad

Oh, for those good old days when Bernie was her opponent.

• Like 1

Probably not, but if they updated it a bit, it could be a hit. They'd need a new Arnold though. (am sure his bacon was fried long ago)...

And a new Mr. and Mrs. Ziffel. I don't know if anyone could

recreate the silliness of the show and even if they could, if

it would still be funny in the way it was in the 1960s. But we'll

see.

Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't the Democrats form the Klan. ?

No, it was formed by ex-Confederate soldiers. Of course by that time

most southerners were Democrats, but the Klan was not an official

offspring of the Democratic party, though I'm sure in some cases

the Klan worked hand in glove with local and state Democratic

office holders. I recall reading that the folks at the top of the Klan

hierarchy made a lot of money from large markups in robes and

other Klan regalia and assorted fees. Turning racism into money.

Carson was one of the craziest wingnuts during the primaries. You

don't think he's going to change now, do you? I have a feeling that

if Donny wins, many of his blue collar supporters are going to feel

buyer's remorse a few years down the road when they see that

Trump or any other president only has a small effect on the world

economy and they will still have the same low paying jobs they

have today. Then they will be wiser graduates of Screw U.

• Like 2

I love JFK,LBJ,MLK, and Bobby Kennedy

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

I'm not exactly certain when Heston's politics turned conservative, but he was a liberal for a while and, I assume, an admirer of those four men, particularly Martin Luther King.

Jake, you laugh at someone (through Heston) who admires Dr. King? Sheeesh!

• Like 1

Trump is planning to let his vice president run the country--

"When Donald Trump’s supporters cast their votes for him this November, they’re actually voting for Indiana Governor Mike Pence to have full executive power,....

Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?

“Making America great again” was the casual reply.

The news of Pence’s possible takeover of the presidency is unprecedented for any administration to openly admit during the course of a campaign...."

http://usuncut.com/politics/donald-trump-pence-presidency/

- LOL  Shades of Bush/Chaney on STEROIDS!!

• Like 1

"As with so many of his ventures, Trump would like to brand his administration — but not actually run it.....

After all, Trump really seems to enjoy being an eccentric pseudo-billionaire who spends his days cutting ribbons and watching cable news. And he has been utterly unwilling to perform the workaday duties of a presidential candidate, let alone those of an actual president. He refuses to make fundraising calls, or assemble a campaign staff large enough to achieve basic competence, or even to spend more than a dozen nights of the campaign away from one of his homes.

This is a man who has shown no real interest in civics or governance at any point in his adult life — while showing immense interest in publicity stunts...

....one might reason that the ideal outcome for Trump would be to somehow win the election but not actually have to serve as president...

Trump was already discussing plans to channel his political following into a cable-news empire..."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/trump-to-license-name-to-presidency-not-run-it.html

"As with so many of his ventures, Trump would like to brand his administration — but not actually run it.....

After all, Trump really seems to enjoy being an eccentric pseudo-billionaire who spends his days cutting ribbons and watching cable news. And he has been utterly unwilling to perform the workaday duties of a presidential candidate, let alone those of an actual president. He refuses to make fundraising calls, or assemble a campaign staff large enough to achieve basic competence, or even to spend more than a dozen nights of the campaign away from one of his homes.

This is a man who has shown no real interest in civics or governance at any point in his adult life — while showing immense interest in publicity stunts...

....one might reason that the ideal outcome for Trump would be to somehow win the election but not actually have to serve as president...

Trump was already discussing plans to channel his political following into a cable-news empire..."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/trump-to-license-name-to-presidency-not-run-it.html

He probably expects to continue his business and real estate ventures while President----in fact, using presidential clout to make more money.

• Like 1

He probably expects to continue his business and real estate ventures while President----in fact, using presidential clout to make more money.

As President one has to disinvest from all the companies they own or have stock in.    Just like Cheney did from Halliburton.  :blink:

And a new Mr. and Mrs. Ziffel. I don't know if anyone could

recreate the silliness of the show and even if they could, if

it would still be funny in the way it was in the 1960s. But we'll

see.

Yes. Poor Mrs. Ziffel didnt make it till the end of the show. I forget her name. (she appeared in a lot of I Love Lucy episodes in small roles) It would be difficult to capture the show's zaniness esp. since it would have to have a movie story arc. But I think it could be done.

As President one has to disinvest from all the companies they own or have stock in.    Just like Cheney did from Halliburton.  :blink:

I'm aware of that, but Trump may think that the usual rules don't apply to him.

• Like 1

He just wants to be in charge. Forget the work!!! Others can do that. He'll just make appearances. LOL.

• Like 1

But, will Donald Trump do it?  Doubt it or he'll try to find some way around it. But the GOP House will not investigate him or allow him to be investigated or criticized.

Don't forget, Trump does not know much at all about government, other than getting places rezoned for development, evicting people, declaring bankruptcy, etc.

Seems Me

Melania Trump Speechwriter Takes Blame For Plagiarizing Michelle Obama’s Speech

The speechwriter said Trump admires Obama and was using her words as inspiration.
 07/20/2016 01:06 pm 13:06:09 | Updated 3 minutes ago
Daniel Marans Reporter, Huffington Post
578fac432400002700b32268.jpeg
ALEX WONG VIA GETTY IMAGES
A speechwriter for Melania Trump took responsibility Wednesday for cribbing lines from first lady Michelle Obama’s 2008 address to the Democratic National Convention.

Seems Melania was aware of it too. LOL.

Carson was one of the craziest wingnuts during the primaries. You

don't think he's going to change now, do you? I have a feeling that

if Donny wins, many of his blue collar supporters are going to feel

buyer's remorse a few years down the road when they see that

Trump or any other president only has a small effect on the world

economy and they will still have the same low paying jobs they

have today. Then they will be wiser graduates of Screw U.

It will be worse than that.  They will suffer wage cuts, if not layoffs. Their investments will decrease 25+% and pensions will be eliminated.  Medical costs, including Medicare, will increase.  VA funding will decrease as demand for services increases.  Their children will not be able to go to college at all as costs will increase and loans dry up.  There will be no jobs for them regardless as industry & business collapses due to Trump policies. Ultimately their children and their parents will both end up living with them.

The Bush Great Recession will pale by comparison, but the GOPers will find some way to blame it on Obama and Clinton.

Yes. Poor Mrs. Ziffel didnt make it till the end of the show. I forget her name. (she appeared in a lot of I Love Lucy episodes in small roles) It would be difficult to capture the show's zaniness esp. since it would have to have a movie story arc. But I think it could be done.

Barbara Pepper was the first Doris Ziffel. When she left the series, she was replaced by Fran Ryan.

But, will Donald Trump do it?  Doubt it or he'll try to find some way around it. But the GOP House will not investigate him or allow him to be investigated or criticized.

Don't forget, Trump does not know much at all about government, other than getting places rezoned for development, evicting people, declaring bankruptcy, etc.

I'm not so sure a Ryan lead GOP House wouldn't go after Trump.   I assume in those meetings between Ryan and Trump prior to Ryan's light as a feather endorsement,  that this was one of the issues discussed.   Ryan had legit concerns Trump would abuse the powers of his office.    That makes it difficult for Ryan to look the other way if Trump goes off.

Of course to me this is all theoretical since I just don't see Trump winning. 

Barbara Pepper was the first Doris Ziffel. When she left the series, she was replaced by Fran Ryan.

YES. I thought her last name was Pepper, but couldnt remember her first name. She was replaced towards the end of the last season by the other actress. Unsure if she was just ill or had died by that point.