Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jake's Trump Thread -- Make America Great Again

JakeHolman

If by some insane miracle carrot head is elected I guess that will be the day that the heaven's open and everything will be great and crime free in America again.  If he keeps plugging the doom and gloom angle it will be terrible for tourism.

If by some insane miracle carrot head is elected I guess that will be the day that the heaven's open and everything will be great and crime free in America again.  If he keeps plugging the doom and gloom angle it will be terrible for tourism.

Not to mention the economy.  Paint a bad picture of life in America and the market tumbles.  Along with it jobs, income and all that the other things that make America Great.

Ya...i can agree and accept what you say....lotsa truth...but i have a real hard time believing that D.Trump means it that way.

I think his law n order comments are mainly referring to at all the attacks on innocent people,and murders of cops and regular citizens that have been happening in America. I don't believe D.Trump is a wanna be dictator ala Hitler,Mao Mussolini or Stalin.

Apparently you have not been listening to Trump.  He is going to do what he wants, when he wants and how he wants with ZERO input from Congress or the Supreme Court.  That is the hallmark of his career according to him.

Last night, Ivanka said her father will change the law re: maternity benefits for working women.  I am sure her speech was very carefully scrutinized after Monday night.  The president cannot change/enact any laws.  In fact, Trump has said he disagrees with presidential executive actions, but he keeps saying what HE will do.  Apparently he does not believe the House, the Senate or the Supreme Court should interfere with his executive actions.

People thought Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, et. al. didn't mean it either.

Not to mention the economy.  Paint a bad picture of life in America and the market tumbles.  Along with it jobs, income and all that the other things that make America Great.

Unless after he wins the election he says, "You know all those things I was saying during the campaign? I was just kidding."

In itself, there's nothing wrong with law and order, applied

humanely and equally. But it's hard to tell what other folks

mean by the phrase. The president has little control over

crime, that's mostly a local matter, so there won't be much

Donny can do about it. That won't stop him from saying he

can, but that's just more sucker bait.

In deference to another guy with funny hair, let's keep the

anarchy in the U.K.

In itself, there's nothing wrong with law and order, applied

humanely and equally. But it's hard to tell what other folks

mean by the phrase. The president has little control over

crime, that's mostly a local matter, so there won't be much

Donny can do about it. That won't stop him from saying he

can, but that's just more sucker bait.

Someone needs to inform Herr Trump that the US does not have a national police force and therefore not a lot a president can do about "law and order."  the Founding Fathers were very much opposed to a national police force, so to speak, and therefore did not create one.  They specifically outlawed martial law as a tool the federal government could use, only state governments can.

US Marshalls, Secret Service, FBI, etc. do not have "police" powers.

Well, she's running against the scariest candidate from a major party in history. Which gets scarier every day!

I guess it's a matter of deciding what (or who) is scarier, then.  HRC and her campaign now are relying on fear and/or guilt to woo Bernie supporters, since bullying hasn't gone over so well.

• Like 1

I guess it's a matter of deciding what (or who) is scarier, then.  HRC and her campaign now are relying on fear and/or guilt to woo Bernie supporters, since bullying hasn't gone over so well.

Well, they certainly haven't cornered the market on bullying, have they? I'm sure the Democratic convention won't resemble a lynch mob, either.

Someone needs to inform Herr Trump that the US does not have a national police force and therefore not a lot a president can do about "law and order."  the Founding Fathers were very much opposed to a national police force, so to speak, and therefore did not create one.  They specifically outlawed martial law as a tool the federal government could use, only state governments can.

As with a lot of Trump's policies, it's hard to tell if he is just

ignorant of how the government actually works or if he knows

very well and is just making promises he knows he can't keep

but sound good to his supporters.

• Like 1

Someone should inform Obama of that when he made this statement..

On the 2008 campaign trail, then-Senator Barack Obama called for a national police force to rival our military:

We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded,” 

antiriot2.jpg

...and Al Sharpton .

http://www.libertynewsnow.com/sharpton-calls-for-a-national-police-force/article1275

Why can't you mention ****, Ku Klux Klan, Klan, etc. on this site?  Considering all the other things that are said.

Sorry, didn't realize that you just can't use the three intials.  Weird.

"Obama was not talking about a “security force” with guns or police powers. He was talking specifically about expanding AmeriCorps and the Peace Corps and the USA Freedom Corps, which is the volunteer initiative launched by the Bush administration after the attacks of 9/11, and about increasing the number of trained Foreign Service officers who populate U.S. embassies overseas...."

• Like 2

Why can't you mention ****, Ku Klux Klan, Klan, etc. on this site?  Considering all the other things that are said.

Sorry, didn't realize that you just can't use the three intials.  Weird.

Well that one worked.

Maybe KKKK (Ku Ku Klux Klan)?