Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jake's Trump Thread -- Make America Great Again

Nixon’s RNC speech in 1968 was scary. Trump’s was way scarier...

"We ran both candidates' speeches through a sentiment analysis tool, which uses natural language processing to determine if a statement is negative, neutral, or positive.

Nixon’s breakdown (45 percent neutral, 32 percent negative, 23 percent positive) was fairly balanced and mostly neutral in sentiment. Trump’s, on the other hand, was staggeringly dismal: Nearly half of his sentences were negative in meaning, while 19 percent were positive....

..analysis exposes his explicit effort to harp on Americans’ fears. He repeatedly used words that invoke alarm: "violence" (11 uses), "terrorism" (9), "crime" (6), and "killed" (6)...."

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/22/12254622/trump-rnc-speech-richard-nixon

trump-nixon.jpg

Since he has now been nominated, isn't he supposed to release his returns?

Did he make that promise? The last thing I read is that he

said he couldn't release them because he was going to be

audited. Of course that wasn't true, one can release one's

taxes even if he or she is being audited There is no rule that

candidates have to release their tax returns, but it has been

s.o.p. for a while now. I'm guessing there are embarrassing things

in them, though not necessarily illegal.

Hillary Clinton in Tampa, a few minutes ago:

"Something is terribly wrong when a speaker at a convention says 'Vote your conscience' and gets booed."

Must not be PC to use the word conscience. (people not having one  offended)

Nixon’s RNC speech in 1968 was scary. Trump’s was way scarier...

"We ran both candidates' speeches through a sentiment analysis tool, which uses natural language processing to determine if a statement is negative, neutral, or positive.

Nixon’s breakdown (45 percent neutral, 32 percent negative, 23 percent positive) was fairly balanced and mostly neutral in sentiment. Trump’s, on the other hand, was staggeringly dismal: Nearly half of his sentences were negative in meaning, while 19 percent were positive....

..analysis exposes his explicit effort to harp on Americans’ fears. He repeatedly used words that invoke alarm: "violence" (11 uses), "terrorism" (9), "crime" (6), and "killed" (6)...."

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/22/12254622/trump-rnc-speech-richard-nixon

trump-nixon.jpg

so isis is a figment of the gop imagination? :huh:

if hillary and the democrats are vulnerable on the terrorism issue then blame obama for being such a weak schtootz for eight years substituting all too often impotent oratory for strength and resolve.

isis seems real scared, doan they? :P

Must not be PC to use the word conscience. (people not having one offended)

Ham--

At my Advanced age I've known a lot of different kinds of people in the US and on two other continents. Some people have a conscience and some people don't have a conscience.

In my experience, I've never known of a person who did not have a conscience to be concerned about it in a negative manner. If anything, they bragged about it.

Someone may have already mentioned that David Duke has endorsed Trump and is running for office in Louisiana.  He also claims that the 'Put America First' slogan is his own and that Trump has copied it.

Jon Stewart Excoriates Sean Hannity For His Hypocritical Support Of Trump  

Stewart: "I’m Sure It’s Easy For People Without Ethics Or Principles To Embrace Someone Who Embodies Everything That They Said They Hated About The Previous President For The Past Eight Years"...

SEAN HANNITY: This president is the most divisive president in history. Scare tactics, class warfare. Racial rhetoric. Divided along racial lines, rich versus poor, black versus white, old versus young.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/07/22/jon-stewart-excoriates-sean-hannity-his-hypocritical-support-trump/211820

If Trump had played his cards better, he would have befriended the media more (CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc.), because whatever he does or says, seems the media will portray him in a negative light no matter what.   He needs the media on his side.  Hillary can say 1 word and get positive reviews.

If Trump had played his cards better, he would have befriended the media more (CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc.), because whatever he does or says, seems the media will portray him in a negative light no matter what.   He needs the media on his side.  Hillary can say 1 word and get positive reviews.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you base your opinions on what the pundits say, or what the candidates say? I listen to the words coming out of the mouths of the candidates, not the pundits/media. Trump digs his own grave with his own words, same as Hillary.

True - but Trump has said some not so nice things about commentators and MSNBC, FOX, CNN, etc....and whenever they provide analysis on Trump, they always bring on guests who are anti-Trump and the commentators themselves always say negative things about Trump - even the few times when he has appeared "normal". :D      Trump should have been nicer to the media folks to get more positives from them.

True - but Trump has said some not so nice things about commentators and MSNBC, FOX, CNN, etc....and whenever they provide analysis on Trump, they always bring on guests who are anti-Trump and the commentators themselves always say negative things about Trump - even the few times when he has appeared "normal". :D      Trump should have been nicer to the media folks to get more positives from them.

You're right. He's been his own worst enemy during the entire campaign. He won despite himself, which says plenty about his opposition.

Clearly Trump should have been more diplomatic to commentators.   But he should have been more diplomatic to the other GOP candidates he was running against like Bush family,  Cruz,  Rubio,  Kasich,  as well as GOP fund raisers like Rove.    

Too late now.   To win in battleground states one needs a strong ground game and I just don't see the Trump team pulling this together since when they call for help many members of the GOP will not pick up the phone.

He played the media like no other candidate ever has. Jeb Bush spent 150 million on TV ads and got 5 percent of the vote and never won a primary. Trump used his Twitter account and dominated the political news day in and day out without breaking the bank. There are other sources other than the MSM and many folks loved the way he refused to be PC and we already know the liberal media will beat him up. They hate him.

He's the outsider. The debates will determine the winner of this election. The fist one being the most important.

Trumpus! Maximus! Americanus!

If Trump had played his cards better, he would have befriended the media more (CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc.), because whatever he does or says, seems the media will portray him in a negative light no matter what. He needs the media on his side. Hillary can say 1 word and get positive reviews.

True - but Trump has said some not so nice things about commentators and MSNBC, FOX, CNN, etc....and whenever they provide analysis on Trump, they always bring on guests who are anti-Trump and the commentators themselves always say negative things about Trump - even the few times when he has appeared "normal". :D Trump should have been nicer to the media folks to get more positives from them.

I'm going to disagree with you slightly about those cable channels - I'm watching most of them daily and they do present Trump supporters. Also,they are trotting out that former campaign manager who got fired.

However, for the most part, the people against Trump certainly usually out number those who are for him on air.

What you can't help but notice is that the reporter who has been assigned to the Trump campaign for all these months is particularly negative-- even if it's only body language. I've noticed this with the network reporters who have followed him as well.

I think it's not just a matter of they don't care for his message, it seems as though he has been antagonistic against reporters from every network and channel. Many probably feel that he has attacked their profession in a very unfair way.

Trump doesn't seem to understand that it is the job of the media to bring out any discrepancies or investigate ambiguous statements.

Being a businessman, Trump probably understands public relations and doesn't understand that journalism is an entirely different animal.

Trump has viciously attacked two major news anchors on cable.

The two I can recall that stand out in my mind - - are the anchors from Univision and Fox News. That about runs the gamut and says it all.

But in the long run, I don't think it's just a matter that Trump doesn't have respect for reporters, he doesn't seem to have respect for anyone who disagrees with him or who can't be controlled by him.

Trump seems to have the definitive megalomaniac personality.

• Like 1

Yep - the guy who won did it all wrong, if only he had listened more to the losers. Here is what these people don't get, he is the only one to actually have ideas to solve problems. Would you rather take advice from a billionaire or someone who can't drive a car or handle an email server. The choice is obvious.

Yep - the guy who won did it all wrong, if only he had listened more to the losers. Here is what these people don't get, he is the only one to actually have ideas to solve problems. Would you rather take advice from a billionaire or someone who can't drive a car or handle an email server. The choice is obvious.

I'll take the non-billionaire who has decades of political experience and doesn't live in a bubble. The choice is obvious.

Clinton and Trump Get Closer In The Polls

Trendline continues to show loss of Hillary support.

The polling news continues to be bad for Hillary Clinton and good for Donald Trump as the Republicans wrap up their convention in Cleveland. Three polls released this week, all conducted before the convention was over and Trump's acceptance speech was watched by 32 million people, show Clinton's lead shrinking or disappearing altogether.

Read more Truth Revolt >

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/clinton-and-trump-get-closer-polls

audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Really? So exactly what are some of his solutions?

He spoke of being a law and order candidate. Exactly what does that mean - martial law? We're left to guess because, so far, he's not saying. He said in his speech last night that he will get rid of ISIS fast. Oh, really? How exactly.

Trump is all image and bluster. He's what he's always been - a salesman selling the image of himself as tough and macho, while at the same time having contempt for anyone who disagrees with him. But specifics as to what he'll do? Kinda hard to find. America is a dark crime ridden place on the verge of hell but, don't worry, Trump is Mr. Fix It. Just elect him, and he'll slay those dragons out there, even the ones that don't exist. Or should I say particularly the ones that don't exist in an America whose overall crime rate has declined since the Reagan years, as well as 2008, when Obama was first elected.

The Republican base and angry white guys seem ready to give Trump a free pass - they're ready to elect him without having a clue as to what he'll do once he's in the Oval Office. P.T. Barnum would be so proud of Trump.

• Like 3

Clinton and Trump Get Closer In The Polls

Trendline continues to show loss of Hillary support.

The polling news continues to be bad for Hillary Clinton and good for Donald Trump as the Republicans wrap up their convention in Cleveland. Three polls released this week, all conducted before the convention was over and Trump's acceptance speech was watched by 32 million people, show Clinton's lead shrinking or disappearing altogether.

Read more Truth Revolt >

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/clinton-and-trump-get-closer-polls

audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Why don't you wait until she gets her post-convention bump before you get all excited?

• Like 1