Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jake's Trump Thread -- Make America Great Again

Trump Accepts Nomination: Americanism, Not Globalism Will Be Our Credo

The old Republican manifesto of isolationism. Hiding your head in the sand. It doesn't work anymore. 

Many people here on this forum have personified Trump as another Hitler. Do you agree or do you see this as a grotesque exaggeration? 

Other than Hitler being more intelligent, more experienced and better organized, I would have to agree based on what he says.  Maybe a Hitler wanna-be?

The old Republican manifesto of isolationism. Hiding your head in the sand. It doesn't work anymore. 

The philosophy which failed economically, politically and militarily and proved harmful to the middle class and small businesses in the US.

Many people here on this forum have personified Trump as another Hitler. Do you agree or do you see this as a grotesque exaggeration? 

Look at his Thursday speech. Classic fear mongering. All that "I alone" can fix these (grotesquesly exaggerated) problems. Didn't even talk about his party fixing the problems, just him, Donald J. Trump, Superman. A classic narcissist but, more importantly, probable demagogue if ever there was one.

Well strait out , is Trump another Hitler to you?

Don't be stupid. There's only been one Hitler.

Trump is possibly kind of like a modern American version of Hitler - right down to his brownshirt followers. But he's not Hitler - he doesn't have the brains to be Hitler.

First, I realize that all parties do utilize pressure tactics, but the description of how the Never Trump rebellion was put down at the convention is interesting.

1.  The chair from Arkansas ruled that the yeas won the voice vote on rules, even though the nays were pretty loud.  (I was watching and could not tell the difference)  Therefore, he and the RNC denied a roll call vote.

2.  The Never Trump people got sufficient signatures on petitions from 9 delegations to force a new vote.  They only needed 7 delegations according to the rules.

3.  RNC leaders and Trump staffers swarmed the convention floor and began twisting arms in the 9 delegations to get people to remove their names.

4.  Three delegations had enough names removed to eliminate them.  That left 6 with sufficient numbers and the chair ruled against a new vote.

Number 3 sounds a lot like Gestapo or Stormtroopers to me except probably not in uniforms. 

First, I realize that all parties do utilize pressure tactics, but the description of how the Never Trump rebellion was put down at the convention is interesting.

1.  The chair from Arkansas ruled that the yeas won the voice vote on rules, even though the nays were pretty loud.  (I was watching and could not tell the difference)  Therefore, he and the RNC denied a roll call vote.

2.  The Never Trump people got sufficient signatures on petitions from 9 delegations to force a new vote.  They only needed 7 delegations according to the rules.

3.  RNC leaders and Trump staffers swarmed the convention floor and began twisting arms in the 9 delegations to get people to remove their names.

4.  Three delegations had enough names removed to eliminate them.  That left 6 with sufficient numbers and the chair ruled against a new vote.

Number 3 sounds a lot like Gestapo or Stormtroopers to me except probably not in uniforms. 

the inner workings of the RNC

the inner workings of the RNC must be refined so TheCid can know inner peace. :lol:

so street thugs are gonna respect gun laws under hillary and take up knitting? :huh:

So, tell me exactly what Trump's new law and order America is going to look like and what new measures will he instigate as President. He isn't planning on taking away any guns.

Where are Trump's tax returns?

If he is so big on military and veterans, why didn't he enroll in ROTC in college?  After all, he graduated from a military high school.  Why did he get a medical deferment after his four college deferments expired?  Actually he probably could have enlisted anyway.  A medical deferment means you can't be drafted, not that you can't serve.

CROOKED DONNIE

The leaked DNC emails are the smoking gun that the Democratic establishment was rigging the game against Bernie the whole time. Instead of running the process impartially and letting the voters decide, top Democratic officials were doing all they could to ensure a Clinton victory, including collusion with journalists to present a pro-Clinton, anti-Sanders narrative.”

- Jill Stein

CROOKED HILLARY

• Like 1

"my fellow citizens [italian-Americans] who are working to make America great."  (Italics added)

Benito Mussolini, 1927, part of a newsreel made by Fox News Service [original one] addressing Italian-Americans in America.

In Washington Post if you want to read the whole article and watch the video.

The leaked DNC emails are the smoking gun that the Democratic establishment was rigging the game against Bernie the whole time. Instead of running the process impartially and letting the voters decide, top Democratic officials were doing all they could to ensure a Clinton victory, including collusion with journalists to present a pro-Clinton, anti-Sanders narrative.”

- Jill Stein

CROOKED HILLARY

The sad and pathetic aspect of all this is that because of all the natural advantages she had going into the campaign (name recognition and money for starters), she could probably have easily won the nomination by playing fairly.  Recently I read a piece comparing her to Nixon, and this reinforces that notion...that and stuff like having Kissinger as a mentor/advisor.

• Like 1

I haven't heard donald trump once allude to hillary's driving hiatus. :P

That shows that Donny is not as clueless as MM.

Hitler also had a better military service record than Donny.

But seriously, the idea that Trump is another Hitler is pretty

ridiculous.

the forgotten blue collar union people of obama's america are sure to be grateful. :P

FYI--

The Republican party has done everything in his power in the last decade not only to destroy unions in the United States but to prevent people from unionizing.

You need to check out what went on in Wisconsin.

If left to the Republican party we would have no unions in the United States.

The Republican party is the party of Country Club rich people, CEOs, and greedy hard-nosed capitalists, like the Koch brothers, who not now nor have ever given a damn about Working Class People.

The working class white man has been hoodwinked into the Republican party because of his fear and/or hatred of immigrants, women and minorities.

Every victory that the working class has in this country was created by the Democratic Party.

All the uneducated white working-class men ever had going for them were the Democratic unions - - without them he's just another untrained, uneducated, unemployed minority in America or a minimum wage worker.

It truly amazes me how people can vote against their own best interest.

The sad and pathetic aspect of all this is that because of all the natural advantages she had going into the campaign (name recognition and money for starters), she could probably have easily won the nomination by playing fairly.  

What a joke! Clinton hasn't been able to do anything easily. The opposition and the media have made it difficult for her all year long with bogus probes and attempted smears (Benghazi hearings, e-mail story leaks, another House hearing after she was cleared of wrongdoing and now the WikiLeaks leaks). The amazing thing is she's probably going to be president in spite of all the obstacles. 

And don't be surprised if the House Republicans try to come up with yet another witchhunt in the aftermath of all the others that fizzled!

The sad and pathetic aspect of all this is that because of all the natural advantages she had going into the campaign (name recognition and money for starters), she could probably have easily won the nomination by playing fairly.  Recently I read a piece comparing her to Nixon, and this reinforces that notion...that and stuff like having Kissinger as a mentor/advisor.

A year or two ago, this wasn't quite as obvious.  Bernie was first viewed as a blip on the screen, but morphed into a real threat. Then Trump and the Republicans began coming down on her hard, real hard.

Not sure what she or the DNC actually did since I am suspicious of some of the sources.  However, as has been said since the days before Julius Caesar, politics is a dirty business.