Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jake's Trump Thread -- Make America Great Again

What a joke! The opposition and the media have made it difficult for her all the way with bogus probes and smears (Benghazi hearings, e-mail story leaks, another House hearing after she was cleared of wrongdoing and now the WikiLeaks leaks). The amazing thing is she's probably going to be president in spite of all the obstacles. 

And don't be surprised if the House Republicans try to come up with yet another witchhunt in the aftermath of all the others that fizzled!

That opposition includes a lot of progressives;  e.g.  Sanders' supporters.   

It is foolish to believe only the right questions the integrity of HRC.

• Like 1

What a joke! Clinton hasn't been able to do anything easily. The opposition and the media have made it difficult for her all year long with bogus probes and attempted smears (Benghazi hearings, e-mail story leaks, another House hearing after she was cleared of wrongdoing and now the WikiLeaks leaks). The amazing thing is she's probably going to be president in spite of all the obstacles. 

And don't be surprised if the House Republicans try to come up with yet another witchhunt in the aftermath of all the others that fizzled!

Are we talking about the same thing here?  :blink:

That shows that Donny is not as clueless as MM.

Hitler also had a better military service record than Donny.

But seriously, the idea that Trump is another Hitler is pretty

ridiculous.

It's true that Donald Trump doesn't have a lot of the attributes of Adolph Hitler. But his rhetoric is similar. What's to say that his policies might not go in the same direction once he gets started.

Trumps beliefs are variables-- you don't have to be as astute as Adolf Hitler to get the same outcomes if you start down the same Demagogic Road.

In the 1930s Adolph Hitler was the butt of a lot of jokes in the United States and was the funny man in a number of Broadway musicals. Hitler had a persona of amusement in the US just like "The Donald" had with the reality TV show.

People like the Duke of Windsor and Aviation Hero Charles Lindbergh where in awe of Hitler.

Totalitarianism comes in a lot of different packages. Just look at Stalin or Mussolini. It takes all kinds of visages.

People who love democracy, freedom and equal rights have to remain vigilant.

It's always good to remember that many American people thought of Hitler as a joke in the early 1930s.

A year or two ago, this wasn't quite as obvious.  Bernie was first viewed as a blip on the screen, but morphed into a real threat. Then Trump and the Republicans began coming down on her hard, real hard.

Not sure what she or the DNC actually did since I am suspicious of some of the sources.  However, as has been said since the days before Julius Caesar, politics is a dirty business.

Indeed, politics is a dirty business.  The problem is trying to make nice after all the mud slinging.  Also, how does one expect an opponent's supporters to meekly fall in line after having their intelligence (maturity, party loyalty, etc.) questioned?

But seriously, the idea that Trump is another Hitler is pretty

ridiculous.

But, seriously, if you don't see that Trump has the makings of being an American demagogue you are completely blind.

If, on the other hand, you are merely saying that there is only one Hitler as far as demagogues are concerned, that is another issue.

• Like 1

But, seriously, if you don't see that Trump has the makings of being an American demagogue you are completely blind.

If, on the other hand, you are merely saying that there is only one Hitler as far as demagogues are concerned, that is another issue.

Well, Hitler believed that Aryans were the master race. So far as I know, there hasn't been a demagogue since that has tried to conquer the world with such a belief.

But demagogues do come and go in lesser "greatness" than Adolf.

It's true that Donald Trump doesn't have a lot of the attributes of Adolph Hitler. But his rhetoric is similar. What's to say that his policies might not go in the same direction once he gets started.

Trumps beliefs are variables-- you don't have to be as astute as Adolf Hitler to get the same outcomes if you start down the same Demagogic Road.

In the 1930s Adolph Hitler was the butt of a lot of jokes in the United States and was the funny man in a number of Broadway musicals. Hitler had a persona of amusement in the US just like "The Donald" had with the reality TV show.

People like the Duke of Windsor and Aviation Hero Charles Lindbergh where in awe of Hitler.

Totalitarianism comes in a lot of different packages. Just look at Stalin or Mussolini. It takes all kinds of visages.

It's always good to remember that many American people thought of Hitler as a joke in the early 1930s.

The electoral system of the Weimar Republic was different from that of

the U.S., so the only way that Trump could actually be another Hitler

is if he suspended many of the laws that the government functions under.

I don't see Donny doing this. He might even be ignorant of those laws.

And obviously Stalin didn't come to power through any kind of democratic

election. Sure many people made fun of Hitler and his physical appearance

just as they do of Trump, but that hardly constitutes the two being the same

animal. I think it's silly when people compare Obama to Hitler and I feel the

same way about comparisons between Trump and Hitler.

That Trump may have the makings of a demagogue doesn't mean

that he is or will become one. On the evidence so far, I don't see it.

Say what????     Here is one definition of demagogue:

A political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.

Isn't that Trump to a T?   

e.g.  his comments on illegal immigration.  Unlike the majority of the Dem party I don't support illegal immigration but Trump's comments about the issue were done to appeal to popular desires and prejudices within the GOP instead of any rational policy to address illegal immigration.

• Like 2

dem·a·gogue
ˈdeməˌɡäɡ/
noun
noun: demagogue; plural noun: demagogues
a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.

= Donald Trump, also acknowledged by at least one follower on these boards as the Emperor.
  • Like 2

If that's all a demagogue is, then a majority of politicians

are demagogues. The real question is not so much what

they say in the campaign, but what they will do if they are

elected. Fortunately in our system it's hard to be a demagogue

for any length of time.

Trump's Thursday night acceptance speech, with his grotesque distortion of crime stats, is a classic illustration of a politician trying to create a climate of fear.

But, in particular, his frequent "I ONLY" references throughout the speech, not acknowledging the support of others, at all, when it comes to solving problems, give me the creepy impression of a man promoting a personality cult of himself.

"I AM ON YOUR SIDE. I AM YOUR VOICE."

No solutions or specifics offered, of course. Just a lot of "Believe me's."

• Like 3

It's true that Donald Trump doesn't have a lot of the attributes of Adolph Hitler. But his rhetoric is similar. What's to say that his policies might not go in the same direction once he gets started. . . .

Absolutely.

Trump's Thursday night acceptance speech, with his grotesque distortion of crime stats, is a classic illustration of a politician trying to create a climate of fear.

But, in particular, his frequent "I ONLY" references throughout the speech, not acknowledging the support of others, at all, when it comes to solving problems, give me the creepy impression of a man promoting a personality cult of himself.

"I AM ON YOUR SIDE. I AM YOUR VOICE."

No solutions or specifics offered, of course. Just a lot of "Believe me's."

"This is John Galt speaking"--

Washington Post editorial calls Donald Trump a 'unique danger' to democracy

Paul Singer, USA TODAY5:34 p.m. EDT July 22, 2016
636048052782299217-TRUMP-PENCE.JPG

Balloons fall as Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and his running mate, Indiana Governor Mike Pence, clap on the last day of the Republican National Convention on July 21, 2016, in Cleveland, Ohio. (Photo: Jim Watson, AFP/Getty Images)

The Washington Post dispensed with traditional niceties Friday and issued a scathing editorial calling Donald Trump "uniquely unqualified" to be president and a "unique threat to American democracy."

The paper's editorial board said it was issuing the unusual condemnation the day after Trump accepted the Republican nomination because "we cannot salute the Republican nominee or pretend that we might endorse him this fall. A Trump presidency would be dangerous for the nation and the world."

Trump, the Post said, has "contempt for the Constitution" and his candidacy poses "a challenge the nation must confront and overcome."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/07/22/washington-post-editorial-calls-trump-unique-danger-democracy/87456028/

• Like 1

Here is an excerpt and link from the Washington Post article Jakeem mentions ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/donald-trump-is-a-unique-threat-to-american-democracy/2016/07/22/a6d823cc-4f4f-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html?wpisrc=nl_wemost-draw5&wpmm=1

DONALD J. TRUMP, until now a Republican problem, this week became a challenge the nation must confront and overcome. The real estate tycoon is uniquely unqualified to serve as president, in experience and temperament. He is mounting a campaign of snarl and sneer, not substance. To the extent he has views, they are wrong in their diagnosis of America’s problems and dangerous in their proposed solutions. Mr. Trump’s politics of denigration and division could strain the bonds that have held a diverse nation together. His contempt for constitutional norms might reveal the nation’s two-century-old experiment in checks and balances to be more fragile than we knew.

• Like 2

The American South between 1876 and the 1960's produced thousands of them.  Some very successful, some not. There were also many in the North and West during the 20's through the 50's.

There are still some who are close to it.

The issue is not whether Trump will be as successful as Hitler, Mussolini and others were, but how much damage he will inflict on America and the World if he becomes president.  The Republican Party has already shown that it will cower before him on every single issue.  Imagine with Trump in the White House and the House and Senate in control of the weak-kneed Republicans.

Here is an excerpt and link from the Washington Post article Jakeem mentions ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/donald-trump-is-a-unique-threat-to-american-democracy/2016/07/22/a6d823cc-4f4f-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html?wpisrc=nl_wemost-draw5&wpmm=1

DONALD J. TRUMP, until now a Republican problem, this week became a challenge the nation must confront and overcome. The real estate tycoon is uniquely unqualified to serve as president, in experience and temperament. He is mounting a campaign of snarl and sneer, not substance. To the extent he has views, they are wrong in their diagnosis of America’s problems and dangerous in their proposed solutions. Mr. Trump’s politics of denigration and division could strain the bonds that have held a diverse nation together. His contempt for constitutional norms might reveal the nation’s two-century-old experiment in checks and balances to be more fragile than we knew.

trump is right on all levels and he is not responsible for the mental and or psychological inability of arbitrary-minded progressives and academics to see what is so obvious to the common and rational american man and woman.

1. trump is right about the undue denigration of police

and

2. he is right about political correctness being more important to the democrats than the safety of the american people.

the democrats are guilty of an egregious breach of trust by forgetting that basic obligation as elected officials to first and foremostly protect the life and limb of the american citizenry.

obama's failure to directly overwhelm and destroy isis in the short term is a breach of that most fundamental trust.

so why should any rational american believe that hillary will do better?

so on all levels donald trump is basically right so of course he is gonna be defamed and demonized.

the democrats doan wanna have any meaningful dialogue on those matters that truly matter.

donald trump will. :D

Trumpus! Maximus! Americanus!

S P Q R

:D 

• Like 1

trump is right about the undue denigration of police

You only say that because you like it when cops murder unarmed black people. It pleases you.

And you've been pleased a great deal by that - especially over the past couple of years.

Trumpus! Maximus! Americanus!

S P Q R 

SPQR means The Roman Senate and People.  "I am the only one" that can do anything is what Trump has stated.  This means he has no plans to involve the Senate or the People of America.  Much less the House or the state governments.  He wants no input, other than from his children, but rather wants the Senate and House and Supreme Court and the States and the People to accept what he wants to do.

SPQR means The Roman Senate and People.  "I am the only one" that can do anything is what Trump has stated.  This means he has no plans to involve the Senate or the People of America.  Much less the House or the state governments.  He wants no input, other than from his children, but rather wants the Senate and House and Supreme Court and the States and the People to accept what he wants to do.good! if that what it takes for something finally to get done for the american people let it be so.

let it be so. :)

I find while the right needs to keep posting "Crooked Hillary" or "Lying Hillary" to try and hammer home their point and drive sentiment against her, the left only has to say "Donald Trump" and all of his inherent flaws don't need to be further explained.