Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Paris as Star of the Month

They would have to include: How to Steal a Million (1966) because it is iconic Audrey in Paris.

I believe they could have a complete month in which each day is movies set in specific cities: Paris, London, Rome, Tokyo, Madrid, Berlin, Hong Kong, L.A., San Francisco, NYC, Honolulu, Omaha, Chicago, and etc..

Omaha?

Omaha?

Omaha, Nebraska has a long and rich history. It was an important jumping-off point for settlement of the West and so many movies concerning that era have scenes set there. It was then important railroad hub for cattle transport and so many Westerns have scenes set there. It is now home to: Offutt AFB which was home to: SAC during Cold War and so many movies concerning USAF operations have scenes set there.

Earliest movie which I could find: Clothes (1914).

Most recent movie which I could find: Zombie Strippers (2008).

Omaha, Nebraska has a long and rich history. It was an important jumping-off point for settlement of the West and so many movies concerning that era have scenes set there. It was then important railroad hub for cattle transport and so many Westerns have scenes set there. It is now home to: Offutt AFB which was home to: SAC during Cold War and so many movies concerning USAF operations have scenes set there.

There are surprisingly quite a few accomplished actors who hail from Omaha.  Marlon Brando, Fred Astaire, Montgomery Clift, Henry Fonda and Dorothy McGuire were all born there. 

Of course, this can be done as a Theme of the Month, in tandem with a real Star of the Month, maybe as a Friday Night Spotlight. One night of the Theme could be done just featuring Audrey Hepburn films set in Paris, FUNNY FACE, LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON, etc.

I think a Friday Night Spotlight would be a great idea and not just because of the recent events, but because I think that Paris makes a really beautiful backdrop for movies. The ornate architecture, the romantic look of the city, the history, everything, makes Paris a very appealing location for film.

Another Audrey in Paris film that hasn't been mentioned is Paris When it Sizzles.  It's definitely not among Audrey's or William Holden's best films, but it does feature Hepburn in her beautiful costumes and the gorgeous Parisian scenery. 

• Like 1

I think a Friday Night Spotlight would be a great idea and not just because of the recent events, but because I think that Paris makes a really beautiful backdrop for movies. The ornate architecture, the romantic look of the city, the history, everything, makes Paris a very appealing location for film.

Another Audrey in Paris film that hasn't been mentioned is Paris When it Sizzles.  It's definitely not among Audrey's or William Holden's best films, but it does feature Hepburn in her beautiful costumes and the gorgeous Parisian scenery. 

Paris When it Sizzles might be in bad taste. 

I like that movie very much! It is quite silly. I will remember for all time the line that she named her canary: Richelieu because he wished to be a Cardinal.

I believe it must be remembered that it is a movie about a bad movie and the efforts to keep it from being shown. I must wonder if they were tempted to enact the movie by hiring some person to steal the only print after it was completed.

• Like 1

You failed to mention that your real name is Warren Buffett.

Of course, this can be done as a Theme of the Month, in tandem with a real Star of the Month, maybe as a Friday Night Spotlight. One night of the Theme could be done just featuring Audrey Hepburn films set in Paris, FUNNY FACE, LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON, etc.

Yes, many of Audrey's films (a high percentage) were filmed there or at least partially set there (Sabrina) or in France (Two for the Road).........

• Like 1

You failed to mention that your real name is Warren Buffett.

I must wonder if there are any financial dramas set there. I do know that several major banks have processing centers there because it is fairly centralized but much cheaper than Kansas City.