Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia -- Week of January 9, 2006

Greetings, everybody! Just wrote a dozen checks today, and didn't date any of them 2005. I think that's a record for me -- nine days into the new year, and I'm used to it already! Hope you're enjoying the passage of time, too.

Now, let's move on to this week's movie trivia . . .

Good job, feaito! You are correct!

Gloria Swanson sang the song in her 1929 film THE TRESPASSER, later recorded it commercially, and it became a big hit for her. Afterward, she requested that "Love" be played wherever she made a personal appearance. I remember seeing her on Dick Cavett's show in the late 1970s, and "Love" was played as she came on stage.

The movie was: "The Greatest Story Ever Told" (1965). At the crucifixion, Wayne uttered the line, "Truly, this man was the son of God". There's a funny story that accompanies how Wayne was being coached by his director to deliver this line...perhaps Mongo will be willing to share it. ;)

GWTW: Just so you'll know, a "centurion" was an officer commanding a Roman century....and a "century" was a subdivision of a Roman legion. And, "Hatari" is also one of my favorite Wayne movies. :) ML