Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

marlene dietrich collection on DVD??

I was on ebay today and saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-FOREIGN-AFFAIR-1948-DVD-MARLENE-DIETRICH-FREE-SHIPPIN_W0QQitemZ6472245979QQcategoryZ60874QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If this is legitimate, why do movie studios do this? Release movies in other countries (this is a region 2 video and apparently the whole collection is available) I mean? Do they do it to torment us here in the US, where they'll release the complete "Charles in Charge," but not classic movies???

Arrgh

Tracey

Hi Tracy and Happy New Year..

Hopefully it come to region one soon, But most times when DVD are released here they do not get them in region 2. Most DVD's coming out now are old TV shows(I Guess there's a market)and less and less classics,sad state of affairs.Still I'll wait or hope it turns up on TCM.

vallo

I have the Dietrich region 2 films on dvd and they are wonderful. The transfers are pristine. Clearly, the distributor in France believed there is a market for these classics in Europe sooner than the owner of the films here in the states. What's more there are 11 different languages on the discs for subtitles...so clearly they plan to sell them throughout the continent. Obviously, Marlene has a strong following in Europe.

Jerryg--

I am so jealous! I bought a DVD player that was supposed to play PAL format, but it only plays certain ones--region 4 mostly--its performance with R2 DVD's is iffy--it plays some, but not others. I have no idea why.

Anyway, enjoy them and I'll keep hoping that the US versions come out soon.

Tracey

Hey everybody, Universal will be releasing Marlene Dietrich: The Glamour Collection in April. The two-DVD set includes MOROCCO, BLONDE VENUS, THE DEVIL IS A WOMAN, THE FLAME OF NEW ORLEANS, and GOLDEN EARRINGS. Line forms on the right . . .