Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New to TCM Board...My favorite actor is.....

Hi, new to the TCM boards.....love reading all the posts here.

I love classic films and watch TCM all the time.

My favorite actor is Marlon Brando - loved watching him in

"On The Waterfront" and "Streetcar Named Desire". I never

saw such great performances - and boy was he one handsome

man!!!

My other favorite actor is Vic Morrow - he has to be the most underated

actor - he was spectacular as Artie West in Blackboard Jungle and

then he played Sargeant Saunders in the t.v. show "Combat" for

many years. He was a great actor and had the intensity, good looks

and acting talent to be another Marlon Brando.

Welcome, movielover11.

I, too, am newly registered to this site and I can only echo the sentiments about these message boards that you've expressed. There are a lot of knowledgeable movie fans that show their expertise in friendly conversation, rather than confrontation that seems to be the nature of other sites I've visited. So far, I've wasted several hours cruising past threads and getting a feel for the style used here and I like it.

It's hard for me to choose one particular actor out of all of the wonderful professionals that graced the silver screen. Mostly, I have to claim liking a particular actor and his or her ability to fill a particular role. For example, no one could, in my opinion, portray Atticus Finch better than Gregory Peck. Who other than John Wayne could be the "Quiet Man?" (coming up soon this afternoon on TCM.) And Vivien Leigh IS Scarlett O'Hara. My wife loves Cary Grant and I have to admit that I enjoy his movies when we watch together.

Again, welcome and keep posting.

CharieT

Hi...I am also new to the message board, and it's great to find so many kindred spirits who love old movies too.

I have alot of favorite actors actually. I love Clark Gable and William Powell, and Cary Grant, James Cagney, and George Brent. I love Robert Montgomery's movies from the early 30's. I agree that Vivian Lee is Scarlett and Clark is Rhett. I read GWTW after I saw the movie and Margaret Mitchell's descriptions of her lead characters perfectly match the actors who portrayed them (except Vivian is much more beautiful than Margaret's Scarlet).

I especially love the female stars: Greta Garbo, Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Myrna Loy, Irene Dunn, Jean Harlow, Norma Shearer, and so many more...I could watch their movies over and over again, and do! I also love silent movies...among my favorites are "Greed" with Zasu Pitts and the many Pickford movies.

I've been lurking at this board for a long time, but I finally decided to register today.

So I guess I am new also!

My favorite classic film actors:

1. Humphrey Bogart

2. Charles Boyer

3. Cary Grant

4. Spencer Tracy

5. Clark Gable

6. Gregory Peck

My favorite classic film actresses:

1. Bette Davis

2. Lauren Bacall

3. Ingrid Bergman

4. Greta Garbo

5. Joan Crawford

6. Audrey Hepburn

But there are lots of others I really like too.