Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

America is getting paranoid over terrorism.

hamradio

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/12/10-ridiculous-things-that-make-you.html

Excerpt from article...

"Missing Fingers: The document referred to by Rand Paul above, also claims that if someone is missing a finger or has burn marks, they’re more likely to be a terror suspect."

So being stupid with fireworks on the 4th of July makes one a  terrorist?  Now I know why this guy used his head - to avoid being stuck with the label. :lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/07/06/maine-man-dies-after-launching-fireworks-from-his-head

According to some, just looking Arabic makes you a terrorist.  But the trouble with that is this---

An incident about twenty or so years ago in my area concerned a small group of idiots who beat the snot out of some poor kid walking down the sidewalk in nearby Westland Mi. because, as one of the kids caught doing the deed explained, "We don't LIKE these freakin' A-rabs coming in here and stealing all our gas stations."  But, the kid they were beating on was ITALIAN!

Ringo Starr of The Beatles WAS believed to be Jewish by some based on his NOSE.

In a funny twist to the first story I told.....

My father-in-law, a Mexican man from Laredo Texas, was embarrassed one day when the young man he was babbling SPANISH to  turned out NOT to be Latino, but WAS Arabic.  "He looked cholo to  me."  was his explanation.  :D

Sepiatone

According to some, just looking Arabic makes you a terrorist.  But the trouble with that is this---

An incident about twenty or so years ago in my area concerned a small group of idiots who beat the snot out of some poor kid walking down the sidewalk in nearby Westland Mi. because, as one of the kids caught doing the deed explained, "We don't LIKE these freakin' A-rabs coming in here and stealing all our gas stations."  But, the kid they were beating on was ITALIAN!

My father-in-law, a Mexican man from Laredo Texas, was embarrassed one day when the young man he was babbling SPANISH to  turned out NOT to be Latino, but WAS Arabic.  "He looked cholo to  me."  was his explanation.  :D

Sepiatone

Yeah, well, maybe...but back in the day it was much more often said, and in fact I think even an old SNL Weekend Update joke was that Ringo looked like he could be Yasser Arafat's twin....

tn_1259511394814.jpg

Sepiatone

I go to southern Italy a lot and the trend there is for men under 30 or so to wear short beards.   Given their dark features, if Trump was to visit he would have them all water-boarded.    :blink:

• Like 2

Not quite, up there about Ringo, Sepia.

Back in the day it was much more often said, and in fact I think even an old SNL Weekend Update joke was that he looked like he could be Yasser Arafat's twin....

tn_1259511394814.jpg

If Arafat joined a metal rock band, he would had made a fortune. :D

Autostrad

hqdefault.jpg

Little know fact--Arafat played some of the bass parts on

Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My

Monkey when McCartney had a dentist appointment.

And thus of course the very reason why ol' Yasser(that's my baby, no sir, I don't mean maybe) was often referred to as "The SIXTH Beatle"!

(...and especially whenever Billy Preston was ALSO sittin' in during session work)

America is getting paranoid over terrorism

What makes you say that? :ph34r:

'Cause of course, the more paranoia and less of the classic ol' "healthy sense of suspicion" America possesses, the better it is for Big Pharma!

(...and 'cause ya don't need a prescription for the latter)  ;)

This drum beat certainly seems to be raising the approval for removing more and more personal freedoms (world wide) in the name of fighting terrorism even if it is a rare occurrence.

But when it comes to continual acts of domestic terrorism like mass shootings of little kids in schools there is no will to do anything whatsoever about it.  Owning even military type guns are one right that Americans don't seem to want to relinquish.

I blame the NRA and the lobbyists.  It is all about money.

And who is to blame for inciting this bloke to attack Planned Parenthood in Colorado?  The rhetoric against Planned Parenthood by the GOP candidates has been downright irresponsible in my view.

• Like 2

This drum beat certainly seems to be raising the approval for removing more and more personal freedoms (world wide) in the name of fighting terrorism even if it is a rare occurrence.

But when it comes to continual acts of domestic terrorism like mass shootings of little kids in schools there is no will to do anything whatsoever about it.  Owning even military type guns are one right that Americans don't seem to want to relinquish.

I blame the NRA and the lobbyists.  It is all about money.

And who is to blame for inciting this bloke to attack Planned Parenthood in Colorado?  The rhetoric against Planned Parenthood by the GOP candidates has been downright irresponsible in my view.

Police has labeled the Planned Parenthood attack a criminal action.  Can't help to notice the location of it on the map - someone did some planning in keeping the center away from everyone. :huh:

2jcg5km.jpg

Police has labeled the Planned Parenthood attack a criminal action.  Can't help to notice the location of it on the map - someone did some planning in keeping the center away from everyone. :huh:

2jcg5km.jpg

so here's obama so energetically fretful over this latest domestic terroristic shooting in colorado springs yesterday but where was his strong reaction to the paris friday the 13th massacre at bataclan two weeks ago???

simple! the latest event touches on his rabid desire to attack the 2nd amendment while the paris event calls into serious question HIS attitude toward radical islamic terrorism.

self-serving...totally. :)

so here's obama so energetically fretful over this latest domestic terroristic shooting in colorado springs yesterday but where was his strong reaction to the paris friday the 13th massacre at bataclan two weeks ago???

simple! the latest event touches on his rabid desire to attack the 2nd amendment while the paris event calls into serious question HIS attitude toward radical islamic terrorism.

self-serving...totally. :)

Obama gave a public speech denouncing the Paris attacks.  Doan know where u were?

It appears you are saying that your president is passive towards terrorism but admonishes mass murder.  Does that mean you approve of mass murder if it means protecting your 2nd amendment?

I see Carson is not in favour of banning those on the terror list from buying guns because of this amendment.  What a country!

Obama gave a public speech denouncing the Paris attacks.  Doan know where u were?

It appears you are saying that your president is passive towards terrorism but admonishes mass murder.  Does that mean you approve of mass murder if it means protecting your 2nd amendment?

I see Carson is not in favour of banning those on the terror list from buying guns because of this amendment.  What a country!

attacking the 2nd amendment will not stop crazies from getting their claws on firearms.

of course he denounced the bataclan massacre but somehow yesterday's colorado springs shooting got him just a bit more excited.

like most liberals obama thinks the answer is taking guns away from everybody, the psychopath and the responsible gun owner.

the two are not the same.

like most liberals obama thinks the answer is taking guns away from everybody, the psychopath and the responsible gun owner.

the two are not the same.

WHEN..oh..WHEN the HELL are people who keep making THIS kind of asinine OVER-freakin'-SIMPLIFICATION of the whole "gun issue" GOING to UNDER-freakin'-STAND that comments like THIS are...well...JUST an OVER-freakin'-SIMPLIFIED FALSEHOOD of a freakin' STATEMENT????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah yeah, I know, never...'cause people who MAKE these kinds of ASININE statements are almost ALWAYS geared to the concept of a Black&White view of the world.

(...and no offense here ND, but what you just said up there is, well, what's that abbreviation you always use..."HS"!!!)

• Like 3

WHEN..oh..WHEN the HELL are people who keep making THIS kind of asinine OVER-freakin'-SIMPLIFICATION of the whole "gun issue" GOING to UNDER-freakin'-STAND that comments like THIS are...well...JUST an OVER-freakin'-SIMPLIFIED FALSEHOOD of a freakin' STATEMENT????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah yeah, I know, never...'cause people who MAKE these kinds of ASININE statements are almost ALWAYS geared to the concept of a Black&White view of the world.

(...and no offense here ND, but what you just said up there is, well, what's that abbreviation you always use..."HS"!!!)

:D yeah HS! :lol: I be a knowin' I be a full of it, Dargy.

Yeah, but the truly sad thing about this ND, is that I don't think I'm now uttering any further "HS" here when I STATE that you actually BELIEVE that kind'a "HS".

well, there are either responsible american gun owners or there ain't. howda keep AK-47s out of the hands of boneheads? just the feds tryin' to would create a market for them.

With all due respect to hamradio's starting of this particular thread, I think he should have changed the title to "America Is Paranoid Over Terrorism"!  For those who enjoy whipping U.S. residents into a frenzy of fear, all I can say is...."sorry, I won't play.  I've got better things to do".

• Like 3

well, there are either responsible american gun owners or there ain't. howda keep AK-47s out of the hands of boneheads? just the feds tryin' to would create a market for them.

Why on earth would anyone outside of the military need a freakin AK-47?  To hunt squirrels?

No, but it sure comes in handy if you want to off a great deal of the population when you are having a bad day.

• Like 1

Why on earth would anyone outside of the military need a freakin AK-47?  To hunt squirrels?

No, but it sure comes in handy if you want to off a great deal of the population when you are having a bad day.

To hold off radical elves. :lol:

243753AA00000578-2883213-You_BETTER_be_g

Bit of trivia, the Thompson machine gun could be purchased in hardware and drug stores during the 1920's

• Like 1

I see the latest from Carson is there is no need to feel any guilt about not taking Syrian refugees for he's just spent five minutes over there and they are ALL happy in the refugee camps and have no desire to leave.  In fact the camps are quite nice.

Now vote for Ben as he has just told you what you want to hear!

• Like 1

When did Obama propose taking everyone's guns away?

I must have missed that.

he really doan have to since he politicizes every shooting event that occurs. the guns are out there, all sorts of 'em like AK-47s. middle americans are sparking to the relentless insinuations of the left for attacks on the 2nd amendment....

so they're grabbin' up the rods.

I was referring to the subset of paranoid nutjobs who stock up

on firearms because they think the Obama ordered blacks ops

will soon be knocking down their doors to confiscate their weapons

and send them to FEMA camps. :rolleyes:

that's it! give free fema trailers to the homeless! :D

he really doan have to since he politicizes every shooting event that occurs. the guns are out there, all sorts of 'em like AK-47s. middle americans are sparking to the relentless insinuations of the left for attacks on the 2nd amendment....

so they're grabbin' up the rods.

While you just choose to ignore every shooting event.

• Like 1