Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump - The Rise of a New Hitler?

darkblue

The U.S. has a sordid history that includes not just slavery and genocide but also the routine lynching of African-Americans, the unjust internment of Japanese-Americans and the rejection of Jewish refugees fleeing the Holocaust. If politicians like Trump and his cohorts are allowed to dominate our modern discourse, the outcome will only fuel more racism and injustice

Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings admitted, “I am more fearful of large gatherings of white men that come into schools, theaters and shoot people up, but we don’t isolate young white men on this issue.”

As U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, also astutely reflected, “We’ve had individual crazy people; normally, they look more like me than they look like Middle Easterners. They are generally white males, who have shot up people in movie theaters and schools. Those are terrorist attacks; they’re just different kinds of terrorists.”

Trump and his followers have begun behaving very much like Brownshirts.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/to_trump_and_his_supporters_blacks_and_muslims_are_the_enemy_20151125

• Like 3

That's been the plan all along to whip up anger among white males by conservative think tanks. Their purpose is to maintain divided government and to muddy the waters and confuse the issues so that nothing gets done. Pharmaceutical companies, energy companies like coal and oil foot the bill for these think tanks where no real thinking is done. The only purpose is to devise a strategy, find the right hucksters and demonize while they keep the fools foolish. Meanwhile we march on to that 2 degree Celsius threshold for "pre-industrial averages".

• Like 2

That's been the plan all along to whip up anger among white males by conservative think tanks. Their purpose is to maintain divided government and to muddy the waters and confuse the issues so that nothing gets done. Pharmaceutical companies, energy companies like coal and oil foot the bill for these think tanks where no real thinking is done. The only purpose is to devise a strategy, find the right hucksters and demonize while they keep the fools foolish. Meanwhile we march on to that 2 degree Celsius threshold for "pre-industrial averages".

I would make one subtle change;    Trump doesn't need to whip up anger among males;  it was already there and has been there for over a decade (before Obama was elected).    Trump is just tapping into this anger and like an oil spill off the coast,  it just keeps on flowing! .

I would make one subtle change;    Trump doesn't need to whip up anger among males;  it was already there and has been there for over a decade (before Obama was elected).    Trump is just tapping into this anger and like an oil spill off the coast,  it just keeps on flowing! .

so that anger is not legitimate because the federal government HAS NOT overreached??? the affordable care act was legislation so voluminous it could not hoped to be read and completely assimilated....but it was passed anyways. that's not overreach? a breach of faith in the concept of the will of the governed??? exactly what is it then? blueberry wheat chex? :huh:

this thread is a crock. yeah, trump has a problem with blacks and muslims. the troublemakers and the scofflaws.

any rioting that may or may not occur in chicago over the course of the next 72 hours....

will it be donald trump's fault??? :huh:

Don't forget the Mexicans.   Yea, SOME of the them are good people,  but,,,, 

Anyhow your post proves the point that people like Trump and yourself don't know how to say something without being offensive.

Take this comment from you:

"trump has a problem with blacks and muslims. the troublemakers and the scofflaws".

This statement implies ALL blacks and Muslims are troublemakers and scofflaws.    

Now in the interest of fairness I'm assuming you don't believe ALL of them and either does Trump but one can't tell that by what you actually wrote.

Can't you see how statement like that can be offensive or are you that clueless?

• Like 3

Anyhow your post proves the point that people like Trump and yourself don't know how to say something without being offensive.

"trump has a problem with blacks and muslims. the troublemakers and the scofflaws".

Now in the interest of fairness I'm assuming you don't believe ALL of them and either does Trump but one can't tell that by what you actually wrote.

Can't you see how statement like that can be offensive or are you that clueless?

name the last time a predominate number of white americans rioted and looted in a major american city.

so that anger is not legitimate because the federal government HAS NOT overreached??? the affordable care act was legislation so voluminous it could not hoped to be read and completely assimilated....but it was passed anyways. that's not overreach? a breach of faith in the concept of the will of the governed??? exactly what is it then? blueberry wheat chex? :huh:

The key to your statement is 'but it was passed anyways'.  This mean it was passed because VOTERS elected politicians that passed it.

So the root of the anger is that the POVs behind said anger represents only a minority of VOTERS.   You know this since your POV is a minority within your OWN party (the GOP).      e.g. Ryan is Speaker and McConnell leads the Senate and that just adds to your anger. 

Have a angry Thanksgiving.     :lol:

As dumb as Trump is and as addicted as he is to telling tall tales about things that never happened, he's hardly a new Hitler.

We'll see. As the article illuminates, there is indication of a similar direction.

How important is it that he be stopped? How important, in hindsight, would it have been to stop Adolf's rise to power - backed up by his brownshirt thugs -  in 1932?

Trump shows great potential to be a real world-class fascist. Thankfully, it's good that people are so much wiser now than they were back then, ay?

• Like 2

James, are you taking the quote out of context? Nip meant, as I see it, that although Trump "has a problem" with these people, he (Trump) is no Hitler. Therefore, supporting his opinion that the thread is "a crock." Or am I misunderstanding something?

• Like 1

now trump is a new hitler who makes fun of washington post reporters in wheelchairs? seriously, it ain't a gonna phase the man none because he knows reporters doan vote republican anyways. trump is just trying to prove beyond any question that he ain't politically correct so people know he's a real good guy they can trust. :)

James, are you taking the quote out of context? Nip meant, as I see it, that although Trump "has a problem" with these people, he (Trump) is no Hitler. Therefore, supporting his opinion that the thread is "a crock." Or am I misunderstanding something?

Trump, as a well-known private citizen speaking out on controversial topics, sort of reminds me of Charles Lindbergh. The difference is that Lindbergh never ran for public office.

Trump, as a well-known private citizen speaking out on controversial topics, sort of reminds me of Charles Lindbergh. The difference is that Lindbergh never ran for public office.

You know....After hearing and reading the idiotic comments from Trump, it's a wonder he isn't on the DEMOCRATIC ticket!

After all, isn't the democrat party symbol a JACKA S S?  :D

And I'm sure he's biding his time.  Soon, the wait will be over and he'll finally show us all the OTHER HALF of his wit!

Sepiatone

it should be fairly obvious by now that donald trump doan give two buttons and an old shoe what the egg-sucking msm thinks about anything, he knows what party they support. :D

"Donald Trump’s reign would be a police state. He has now outlined a series of measures that would make the United States an authoritarian nightmare."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/27/opinion/donald-trumps-police-state.html

I think alotta people who will vote for trump will conclude that he really doan mean a lot of what he is saying.

it's mostly for dramatic effect. :lol:

I don't see Obama doing impressions of disabled people in the attempt to get a few laughs.  How Presidential of Mr. Trump.

Trump is brave enough to make fun of a disabled person, but then a total coward who lies about whether he did it when he gets some blowback for it.

Zero integrity. Nada. An absolute scumbag.

• Like 1

Trump is brave enough to make fun of a disabled person, but then a total coward who lies about whether he did it when he gets some blowback for it.

Zero integrity. Nada. An absolute scumbag.

I will admit trump gets a little defensive now and then but then he obviously suspects the msm is out to demonize him as demonstrated this morning on meet the press by (up)chuck todd....

and donald trump doesn't practice the kinda phonyness obama has been allowed to get away with for almost 7 years by the msm.

screw the msm and the gop establishment. the only judgment that counts is the verdict of the gop primary voters early next year. :D