Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump - The Rise of a New Hitler?

Wait a minute. This could be a game changer. Jeb! has been endorsed

by 27 generals and admirals. Count 'em, twenty-seven. 2, 7. Generals

and admirals. Not sure about the distribution. Maybe 13.5 of each.

Look out...Jeb!...can...fix...it. :)

Served in the military for over 26 years.  Generals and Admirials know a lot about tactics and fighting battles, but practically nothing about long term strategy, real politics, international relations or how to secure the peace.  You have to remember they spent their entire lives in a system that rewards playing corporate politics, total obedience to superiors and total subservience from subordinates.  Not to mention, not having to "earn" the money that finances their equipment, operations, personnel and other costs. The DOD budget is the most sacred of them all.

They live in a world that is very isolated from the rest of the country.

Somebody already mentioned this on another site--it's

going to be a embarrassing Christmas dinner for Jeb Bush.

I guess no one from the family actually cleans up after the

meal, but if they did, Jeb would have that job this year.

I can just hear Papa Bush--"Merry Christmas, Mr. Three

Percenter."

LOL.

"Well, he’s got the Hitler vote. The neo-Nazi website, Daily Stormer, was out and proud earlier this week: “Heil Donald Trump — the Ultimate Savior.” After endorsing the Republican presidential front-runner earlier this year for his call to deport 11 million Mexican immigrants, the fomenters of American fascism have now added an apt twist to his slogan, one not far from the truth of the campaign: “Make America White Again.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/opinion/campaign-stops/goose-steppers-in-the-gop.html?smid=fb-nytopinion&smtyp=cur

Big surprise. LOL!

donald trump's unprecedented popularity is not because he is pushing either fascism, racism, bigotry or hatred...

it is because the american left went too dam far pushing political correctness! as a result multitudes of white americans NOW FEEL marginalized with this silly insane presumption of guilt. most living white americans have NEVER done anything to anybody.

yet we are all guilty by biological association.

how the bleep reasonable or rational is that?

it is not!....and donald trump understands that.

THAT'S WHY HE COMMANDS SUPPORT.

:D

donald trump's unprecedented popularity is not because he is pushing either fascism, racism, bigotry or hatred...

it is because the american left went too dam far pushing political correctness! as a result multitudes of white americans NOW FEEL marginalized with this silly insane presumption of guilt. most living white americans have NEVER done anything to anybody.

yet we are all guilty by biological association.

how the bleep reasonable or rational is that?

it is not!....and donald trump understands that.

THAT'S WHY HE COMMANDS SUPPORT.

:D

Trump doesn't have majority support within the GOP.  That is a fact.   While he leads the other candidates he does NOT have majority support within the GOP.        This fact has nothing to do with the American left.   

I'm sure you're right about that. I just got a laugh out of

that Bush ad which I saw on TV a few days ago. It starts

out with some of his GOP opponent's faces superimposed

over a figure seated in the oval office and the narration is

about how unprepared they are for their national security

duties. But Jeb! is ready because he has been endorsed by

27 generals and admirals. Too funny.

Military men will almost always be in favor of a war or attack. It keeps them busy, and gives more promotion opportunity.

Luckily, I've managed to miss any campaign ads this early in the season. By this summer, approx. 80% of all ad time will be political until November. Yay to living in a swing state.

Trump doesn't have majority support within the GOP.  That is a fact.   While he leads the other candidates he does NOT have majority support within the GOP.        This fact has nothing to do with the American left.   

I have heard this discussed quite a bit. His EGO is so massive when he brags about his twenty or more percentage lead, but this is based on telephone and online polls of Republican voters only. While it is true that a certain percentage of independents and Democrats (like those who don't like Hillary or Bernie) may also vote for him, it is highly questionable if he even has a quarter of the voting population supporting him. You really won't know until next fall who the REAL front runner is.

Within his own party, you still have 70% of the Republicans polled NOT wanting him but still being indecisive of WHO they want instead of him. The other candidates are seen as Moe, Larry and Curly.

Three possible scenarios here:

1.) If Trump decides to split from the GOP to start his own party as he "hinted" back in August, the impact on that party may either resemble...

... the Democrats in 1968 when George Wallace took the "Dixiecrats" angry over LBJ's civil rights legislation (a.k.a. one year after interracial marriage was legalized and the same year the Martin Luther King assassination added more race riots) and cost Hubert Humphrey the election to Richard Nixon. (Had Humphrey still retained five Southern states that Wallace won, he would have won in a landslide)

... or Trump will be like Ross Perot in 1992, only he was placed second in several states without actually winning any like Bush the 1st and Mister Clinton.

2.) If Trump stays with the party, he will be the victor in August, but his polarizing speeches will cripple him and the party. Voters don't like the GOP leaning too far right just as they don't like the Dems moving too far left. Mrs. Clinton, being a more "predictable" (if establishment and "paid for") candidate would be considered by undecided voters as the "safe" choice.

3.) If the GOP does shove him out, there may be a GOOD candidate overlooked RIGHT NOW who can be "built up" later. There's still time and the average American only has a 15 minute attention span. Build up somebody more "sane" and moderate than Trump/Cruz/Carson/Rubio but not suffering like bumbling Jeb Bush. George Pataki, Lindsey Graham and John Kaisch are nobodies TODAY but after so much DRAMA with the rest of the party, they could be the "let's get back to normal" quiet after the storm.

Another thing to consider: is Trump too popular now but liable to lose public interest later? Too much of him too early? There is way too much of him in the media today that over-saturation may impact things... as many will tire of his theatrics and "reality TV" persona.

• Like 1

So JEB is prepared??? How long has it been since he's been gov.????

We get some TV stations from SC, so we are starting to get some

political ads, not too bad so far. But after the conventions, it will

be like a bad flood. I was listening to an ad the other day from

another room and I though I heard Newt Gingrich. It was an ad

for Rubio, so I guess he sounds like old Newt. Never noticed that

before.

I can hardly wait. I have to turn the news off already most days as its too much DONALD. No one gets a TENTH the coverage that he does. What happened to equal time???????? The networks are his lapdogs.........

True. He has brought in the ratings, so far. And that's what the

networks like. I still think he won't get the GOP nomination.

Just saw a Ben Carson ad. Seems things are pretty bad in

Syria. Didn't realize that. Thanks, doc.

LOL. Yeah, Carson seems to have dropped from the news. They are no longer interested in him.........

George Pataki, Lindsey Graham and John Kaisch are nobodies TODAY but after so much DRAMA with the rest of the party, they could be the "let's get back to normal" quiet after the storm.

Not sure about Pataki, but Kaisch is too moderate for the Goppers that will vote in the primaries and caucuses.  Graham is more moderate than Trump, Cruz, Rubio, Carson, et.al. which would hurt him.  His biggest problem however is that he is a one issue candidate.  Listen to his comments, he is running for Commander-in-Chief, not for President.

well, if military men are such self-serving people then who did obama consult with today at the pentagon?

that schtootz rear adm. Kirby? :lol:

According to Fiorini she advises the military, the CIA and on and on.  No wonder they are in a mess.

And Trump knows more about the middle east than the generals according to him.  But he may not know who Hezbollah are.

And Cruz wants to carpet bomb the middle east.  Why not just use the nuclear option?  

In face of criticism, Trump surges to his biggest lead over the GOP field

Following his proposal to temporarily bar Muslims from entering the country, Donald Trump has increased his lead in the Republican primary to its largest margin yet, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

Donald says thanks for all the free publicity.....

According to Fiorini she advises the military, the CIA and on and on.  No wonder they are in a mess.

And Trump knows more about the middle east than the generals according to him.  But he may not know who Hezbollah are.

And Cruz wants to carpet bomb the middle east.  Why not just use the nuclear option?  

According to several web sources, Ms. Fiorina was part of the Defense Business Board, established in 2001 that operates under the Federal Advisory Committee Act. The board follows a Secretary of Defense approved charter. She participated (unpaid) in meetings that looked at manpower requirements within the bloated Defense Department and ways to scale back staffs and better organize existing staffs at the Pentagon.

She then spent two years leading the CIA’s External Advisory Board from ’07 to ’09. This board was created by General Michael Hayden who became Director of the CIA in 2006. The purpose of the board was to examine critical areas of the CIA and to try and recommend ways of improving collection of data and manpower issues. This also included reviewing and recommending ways to improve efforts with counterterrorism and counterproliferation to cybersecurity in the war zones America was engaged with at the time.

So I have a great deal of faith in her knowledge of world affairs and she would be much better to handle our foreign affairs than our current occupant of the White House.

According to several web sources, Ms. Fiorina was part of the Defense Business Board, established in 2001 that operates under the Federal Advisory Committee Act. The board follows a Secretary of Defense approved charter. She participated (unpaid) in meetings that looked at manpower requirements within the bloated Defense Department and ways to scale back staffs and better organize existing staffs at the Pentagon.

She then spent two years leading the CIA’s External Advisory Board from ’07 to ’09. This board was created by General Michael Hayden who became Director of the CIA in 2006. The purpose of the board was to examine critical areas of the CIA and to try and recommend ways of improving collection of data and manpower issues. This also included reviewing and recommending ways to improve efforts with counterterrorism and counterproliferation to cybersecurity in the war zones America was engaged with at the time.

So I have a great deal of faith in her knowledge of world affairs and she would be much better to handle our foreign affairs than our current occupant of the White House.

With all due respect rey, "a great deal of faith" is not something I could personally say about any slime-ball politician either side of our border.

Thank goodness our former Toronto Mayor, Rob Ford was not in control of the nuclear option.  Or our former, crusading PM for that matter.

He's dropped quite a bit. He was one entertaining candidate.

Some of it might have to do with the new focus on foreign

policy, and his poor knowledge of it. I could never understand

why someone that intelligent wouldn't hit the books so he

wouldn't sound like a high school dropout on so many subjects.

Maybe he really was just trying to sell more books. It was funny

while it lasted.

Yeah, you'd think he'd bone up on requirements for the job, if he really wanted it. People want more than someone who talks softly....

In face of criticism, Trump surges to his biggest lead over the GOP field

Following his proposal to temporarily bar Muslims from entering the country, Donald Trump has increased his lead in the Republican primary to its largest margin yet, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

Donald says thanks for all the free publicity.....

Yeah, like I mentioned earlier, or possibly in another thread....

Political cartoon pointing out that Trump played on "voter paranoia"  like "playing like a Stradivarius". 

Anyway, anyone whose been a TCM board member realizes that numbers aren't always conclusive.

Like just because a movie gets a lot of "box office" DOESN'T mean the movie is any good!

Sorta like Trump's standing in the polls.  :D

Sepiatone

Yeah, like I mentioned earlier, or possibly in another thread....

Political cartoon pointing out that Trump played on "voter paranoia"  like "playing like a Stradivarius". 

Anyway, anyone whose been a TCM board member realizes that numbers aren't always conclusive.

Like just because a movie gets a lot of "box office" DOESN'T mean the movie is any good!

Sorta like Trump's standing in the polls.  :D

Sepiatone

...and the number of posts on these boards doesn't necessarily indicate one's knowledge of classic movies.

And it's not like someone expects a presidential candidate

to be an expert on foreign affairs, just someone who

demonstrates a solid knowledge of them. I think Carson's

quite demeanor is one of the best things about him. Better

than the pols who like to shout. Unfortunately, he doesn't

have even the basic knowledge to be POTUS.

Yes, sad but true.........