Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Enough already with the wine club plugs and bring back one reel wonders.

I keep TCM on pretty much all day and I am sick and tired of the repetitive segments for the wine club.   I miss the one reel wonders, the shorts, and the travelogues.  

Please more entertainment and less plugs for wine.

Call me a bellyacher, but I, too, don't care about advertisements for wine.

• Like 3

Call me a bellyacher, but I, too, don't care about advertisements for wine.

YEAH, Palmerin???

Well, I'll bet you'd quickly change your tune IF this wine advertisement included somethin' like THIS...

top_wine.jpg

;)

I wonder what wine will be paired with Thunder Road

the next time it is shown. No points for Thunderbird. :)

I'm guessin' somethin' like a "Thunder Road Wine Spritzer", Vautrin.

(...and according to my handy-dandy little "Mixology for Dummies" book, that would be one part Zinfandel to three parts..yeah, you guessed it...

• Like 1

The Grapes Of Wrath comes early.

BTW I think most of the classic stars drank hard liquor, Westerns they could send tequila or whiskey.

Agree I'd be more interested in a hard liquor club esp Scotch or quality Whiskey actually 

but would still get tired of it if it was advertised via 10 min info-mercials multiple times a day

Agree I'd be more interested in a hard liquor club esp Scotch or quality Whiskey actually 

but would still get tired of it if it was advertised via 10 min info-mercials multiple times a day

In the 'How can TCM improve?' thread, I mentioned I had timed the ad and it was 7 minutes long. I also said I thought it aired five or six times per day...but actually seems closer to ten. It is airing excessively. Excessively. That's one hour of TCM's 24 hour schedule devoted to alcohol promotion.

• Like 1

i just don't get the "wine club" thing on all sorts of levels, but not the least of which is the fact that I do not drink. at all. never really have.

and it's not any sort of religious conviction or health issue or past issues with substance abuse that leads me to this: it is the fact that I have a weak stomach and heightened sense of taste and as such, alcohol tastes awful to me.

i can't with liquor, i despise beer and my taste in wine runs from "Oh God, I just can't" to "if you insist on me drinking, then pass the *** **** Splenda and I can maybe make this work"

...so i don't get it...and maybe feel a little left out, as well a as sense of solidarity with people who don't drink for their own personal reasons and don't see why- on all sorts of fronts- TCM did this wine club thing.

it just...no.

just no.

ps- would def be on board with TCM Cannabis Club.

• Like 4

Though I do not have the distaste for the wine club ads as much as some here, I definitely can concur with the idea though to bring back one reel wonders as they are fab!

Count me in on that idea.

Now back to my breakfast wine tasting.

• Like 1

Though I do not have the distaste for the wine club ads as much as some here, I definitely can concur with the idea though to bring back one reel wonders as they are fab!

Count me in on that idea.

Now back to my breakfast wine tasting.

Funny. :)

I actually don't mind champagne with brunch. That's a whole other advertisement.

Hey, TB, maybe TCM should create their own champagne, and call it Champagne for Caesar and they can promote it during a Ronald Colman festival.

P.S. Should I do wine or champagne with my Eggs Benedict?

It's up to you. Personally, I'd select champagne. LOL

Ronald Colman is due for a Summer Under the Stars tribute.

Ronald Colman! What a voice.

There is definitely no one like him now.

Sophisticated, witty and attractive.

George Clooney wishes he could be Ronnie! Benita Hume was one lucky woman.

Okay, no champagne available here. I have a vintage bottle of Annie Green Springs that some old hippie neighbor left after a party. Maybe I shall try that with some Welsh Rarebit.

Ronald Colman! What a voice.

There is definitely no one like him now.

Sophisticated, witty and attractive.

George Clooney wishes he could be Ronnie! Benita Hume was one lucky woman.

And she also married George Sanders. She knew how to pick them.

i just don't get the "wine club" thing on all sorts of levels, but not the least of which is the fact that I do not drink. at all. never really have.

and it's not any sort of religious conviction or health issue or past issues with substance abuse that leads me to this: it is the fact that I have a weak stomach and heightened sense of taste and as such, alcohol tastes awful to me.

i can't with liquor, i despise beer and my taste in wine runs from "Oh God, I just can't" to "if you insist on me drinking, then pass the *** **** Splenda and I can maybe make this work"

...so i don't get it...and maybe feel a little left out, as well a as sense of solidarity with people who don't drink for their own personal reasons and don't see why- on all sorts of fronts- TCM did this wine club thing.

it just...no.

just no.

ps- would def be on board with TCM Cannabis Club.

So..."weak stomach" ya say, eh Lorna?!

(...but evidently your LUNGS are still as strong as a horse, HUH?!) ;)

I did not know that, TB. I think Ronnie would have been a bit easier to deal with. When did George marry Magda Gabor?

I'm not sure. I'd have to look it up. Emily Dean is the real expert on George's affairs. LOL

I can just see Bob racing through the backroads of NC with a

hidden tub of claret in the trunk. Now that white lightning is

legal, it just ain't the same anymore. :(

I always wanted to date a revenuer with a gun rack on the back of his ride. if he could also sing calypso music like Mitchum that would be boss!

• Like 1