Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Enough already with the wine club plugs and bring back one reel wonders.

SOUTHPAW

It could be worse. TCM might start showing ads for the TCM Thighmaster with clips from "American Graffiti" with updates with Suzanne Somers and also audio of her poetry compositions.

And they would have her on as a guest programmer to cross-promote it. Oops...let's hope they did not overhear this idea.

It could be worse. TCM might start showing ads for the TCM Thighmaster with clips from "American Graffiti" with updates with Suzanne Somers and also audio of her poetry compositions.

I'd  rather see Suzanne Somers' thighs than Ben's interview with that wine dork, any day of the week.

For what it's worth,

just noticed on TCM FB page this month, the cover photo isn't showing the SOTM MacMurray in one of his upcoming films (their past procedure) but instead shows a pic of BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID, from an upcoming 'Fathom Event' presentation (& is NOT airing this month)

Just another indication where their true priorities now lay.

yup, Business as usual

maybe wouldn't bother me so much if there was some indication this increased revenue would be, even partially used, for film acquisition, restoration or original programming.

-of course, none of my 'beeswax', right?

:wacko:

For what it's worth,

just noticed on TCM FB page this month, the cover photo isn't showing the SOTM MacMurray in one of his upcoming films (their past procedure) but instead shows a pic of BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID, from an upcoming 'Fathom Event' presentation (& is NOT airing this month)

Just another indication where their true priorities now lay.

Yeah, I think the channel is changing. It's 2016 now, not 1994. So their goals are not the same as they were in the beginning of TCM.

OK, enough already with complaining about the Wine Club.  

TCM is still showing movies uncut, uncensored and uninterrupted and without scrolls virtually for no cost to us.  Also, there logo, which is quite small compared to most is not on constantly as with other "networks."

Use your mute button; check the Weather Channel; go get some wine to drink when the show starts.

OK, enough already with complaining about the Wine Club.

TCM is still showing movies uncut, uncensored and uninterrupted and without scrolls virtually for no cost to us. Also, there logo, which is quite small compared to most is not on constantly as with other "networks."

Use your mute button; check the Weather Channel; go get some wine to drink when the show starts.

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that the purpose of a message board is to complain. Complain about what's on, what's on too much, what's not on, what the hosts said, what they didn't say, what other posters say (especially if it's not another complaint), what the weather is, and even Al Gore's mode of transportation. So whining about the wine is par for the course.
  • Like 2

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that the purpose of a message board is to complain. Complain about what's on, what's on too much, what's not on, what the hosts said, what they didn't say, what other posters say (especially if it's not another complaint), what the weather is, and even Al Gore's mode of transportation. So whining about the wine is par for the course.

LOL

I think you forgot to mention posting as many puns and oblique references as one can think up in reply to others, Lawrence.

(...well, at least "SOME" people get their kicks on this here virtual Route-66 that'a way, ya know!)

;) 

• Like 1

But aren't you now complaining about the complaining? So how much better is that? :)

But then it looks like you are complaining about people complaining about complaining yourself, TB?

TCM needs a bigger complaint bureau and I would like to run it, like "Many Happy Returns" with John McGiver.

But then it looks like you are complaining about people complaining about complaining yourself, TB?

TCM needs a bigger complaint bureau and I would like to run it, like "Many Happy Returns" with John McGiver.

I am not complaining about people complaining about people complaining. I am just pointing out the irony of it all (and suggesting the likely futility of such endeavours). :)

As long as it doesn't lead to sophistry or any extra wine commercials, I am okay with it all. LOL

• Like 1

As long as it doesn't lead to sophistry or any extra wine commercials, I am okay with it all. LOL

I was just teasing you, TB. I actually though could hardly wait to read something qualifying to be labelled as sophistry here. It would be an improvement over things which are sophomoric and soporific, doncha think?