Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

More Sci - Fi

TCM has a great archive, but I wish that they would get more Sci-Fi and Horror movies; like

Them!

The War of the Worlds

This Island Earth

Invaders from Mars

The Day the Earth Stood Still, of course,

and as many of the Harryhausen films that they can show.

and I would like more British movies like

The Crawling Eye

The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas

Quartermas and the Pit,aka - Five Million Years to Earth

Doctor Who and the Daleks

Daleks Invasion Earth 2150 A.D.

X - The Unknown

Night of the Demon

Behemoth

and films that star Peter Cushing.

There is lots of good films to be viewed and I am looking forward to more marathons

like the New Years Eve marathon.

I am a classic movie fanatic in all genres, but the above mentioned genres need to be better represented.

• 1 month later...

Them!

The War of the Worlds

This Island Earth **************************

Invaders from Mars

The Day the Earth Stood Still

^These are all on Netflix, except for "This Island Earth". They need to air that movie soon! It should be first priority!

Just too cool. Mickey, you mention several of my all time favorite movies as a kid growing up in the early 60's.

Love THEM!!! Never missed it, in fact ditched high school one year to go home and watch it. Didn't miss much, Journalism class and nothing to write about.

Invaders From Mars. First movie sci fi movie I ever remember watching. Didn't scare me, but it sure was fun to watch. Loved the Martian in the crystal ball. Good stuff.

I would love to see TCM devote a night to the really bad horror films of the 50's.

Wasp Woman

The Slime People

The Beginning of the End

She Devil

and many more. They are so bad they are fun to watch.

Thanks........................................

I too would love to see a scifi night with 3 or 4 movies back to back, maybe Sunday Night? Hey TCM Moderators, how about passing this Idea past the programming dept?

There are hundreds of scifi movies from the 50s and 60s &70s, that we would love to see again.

I have been watching the scifi movies that TCM has been airing Great Job, just not enough :~)

That's a very good idea. I like the idea of having a weekend festival of the wonderfully horrible sci-fi movies from "Plan 9 From Outer Space" to "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes". Of course such a an event would have to be balanced by a similar event of the wonderfully good movies. Let's hope that the TCM programmers start thinking the same way.

Message was edited by:

moreta41