Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who is the greatest Child Star of all time???

ILoveFred,

I agree Joseph Mazzello III was great in the first Jurassic Park film. He was also in a lot of other things during that time period that were really good. The best being

Radio Flyer

The Cure- A real masterpeice!!!!

Shadowlands

The River Wild

I always thought that Joseph Mazzello was the best child actor of his short time period. A real tragedy he hasn't been in more. He was in a small film last year but as he has gotten older they seem to have dropped him.

Trevor Morgan was also good in the third Jurassic Park film. He was in a film called Mean Creek last year with Ryan Kelley and Rory Culkin that is way shocking and very impressive. You might remember that Trevor Morgan was in Genius on disney and he was also the boy who locked Haley in the closet in the 6th Sense. Oh, and he was also one of the brothers in The Patriot.

You might also like Hearts in Atlantis. Anton Yelchin is a brilliant actor. I remember when it came out, Anthony Hopkins said he has never felt like he had been out acted until he worked with young Anton. And Scott Hicks has proven 3 times now to be a brilliant director of child actors with Shine and Snow Falling On Ceders and Hearts in Atlantis.

Yes indeed The Other was a wonderfully frightening film and Uta Hagen was wonderful. I wish I could have seen her in the original production of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe" The twins were indeed remarkable.

I do remember Trevor Morgan in "The Sixth Sense." I also like him in "The Rookie" when he played a younger Jimmy. I must say that probably my favorite child actor from today would be Malcolm David Kelly. He plays Walt in the TV show "Lost." If you don't watch it- I highly recommend it. I don't know anyone who doesn't like it. It appeals to everyone. It has mystery, romance, action, adventure, comedy, a hot guy. (hee hee) Anyway its such a great show and Kelly does such a good job.

Hearts in Atlantis?? I haven't seen that yet but I live where part of it was filmed!

Growing up, Shirley Temple. In The Sixth Sense", I liked, Haley Joel Osment. He was even better in, "Secondhand Lions". You really feel for his situation. The ending is great. Lately, the little girl I watch for is, Dakota Fanning. She seems to be on her way. I first saw her in," I AM SAM." I went to see her in, "MAN ON FIRE." I must admit, I wanted to see Denzel more. Her performance was great. Her movie with Kurt Russell, "DREAMER" was good.

I don't know how many people watched the pilot again last night but I did. I have only seen the first season thought because i have dance class at the same time as LOST. There are so many questions to be answered on the show to begin with and the list seems to grow with every episode. I can't wait until the second season comes out on DVD and I heard that Ana Lucia shows up and kills Shannon! Don't give anything away PLEASE! Anyway, Malcolm is my favorite child actor of today and I hope he gets bigger roles in other things now that I also learned that he isn't on the show anymore- DON'T TELL ME WHY!

• 2 weeks later...

Mary Badham never made another movie and Phillip Alford's only other film was "Shenandoah" with Jimmy Stewart. A short filmography, but impressive.

Was John Megna in any other films, mongo?

Charlie

Charlie, child star Mary Badham did make a few more films including "This Property Is Condemned" with Natalie Wood. Her brother is director John Badham (one wonders why he didn't direct his talented sister in some of his films).

John Megna continued to make films into adulthood, including "The Godfather: Part II" as young Hyman Roth.

Mary badham keeps in touch with her screen brother Phillip Alford.

ILoveFred,

Don't know if they told you in Civics class, but the character of Dill is based on Harper Lee's childhood friend, Truman Capote.

Also, Mary Badham recently appeared in a low budget indie film. Perhaps Mongo knows the name?

Well, I guess I'll have to slap those people that made the special feature that came with my copy of "To Kill a Mockingbird" that sold me that bill of goods. I had always thought she was in "In the Heat of the Night" as the teenage girl who looked an awful lot like she might have a few years after her debut and acted a lot like she did in some of her scenes from TKAM. I guess that's why we should always "ask mongo."

Thanks for the info

Charlie

I would vote for Mickey Rooney, but he is no longer a child star. So My vote goes to two people who I knew and are sad that they are gone. The first is Bobby Driscoll, and the second is Tommy Rettig. It is just another story like other child stars are telling these days. It isn't a good life. Ask Shirley Temple Black!

Agree re SHIRLEY TEMPLE.

Strictly in terms of box-office popularity, she was at the top of the Ten Box-Office Favorites four years in a row (1935-38) and was still among the top favorites in 1939 with THE LITTLE PRINCESS.

She was practically a national institution and no other child star has ever matched her in terms of sheer popularity.

Neil