Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mongo, you old devil - right again. I'll try and make them harder.

Here's another one:

"My older sister and I were both Broadway and movie stars and even best-selling authors; I even had my own TV series years ago. Who am I?"

Good for you, movielover - I thought I was going to have to give another clue. The last I heard of June Havoc was when she toured with "Sweeney Todd" several years ago. And of course, we've all seen one version or another of "Gypsy" how many times?

O.K., here's your next Trivia 101 question:

What is Mamie Gummer's claim to fame?

You're right, Vallo13. Mamie is Meryl's daughter and is just starting to make a name for herself. She is currently starring in a play on Broadway.

New Trivia 101:

We all know of books which have been made into movies or Broadway shows which are later filmed. So,

This character started out in a best-selling book, was made into a Broadway play, became a hit movie, then made into a Broadway musical, and later into a movie musical. What is the character's name? For extra points, who played the lead role in each production?

Hello Gramdc -

Right you are on all accounts - 100 points!

I notice you have few postings - are you new here? If so, welcome. A grandma from DC?

O.K., here's another Trivia 101:

What role do Shirley Booth, Elizabeth Allen and Katharine Hepburn have in common?

Hi Gramdc -

No, it's not Amanda Wingfield (as far as I know, of the three ladies mentioned, only Hepburn ever played that role).

Trivia 101 next clue:

But this will cost you! In addition to naming the role the actresses played, you should now be able to give the title of the production in which they starred. O.K.?

Here's the clue: Venice.

Ralph

You're right, Gramdc. Isn't "Summertime" a terrific David Lean movie? I liked it a lot. And the original cast recording of "Do I Hear a Waltz" is very nice - even though some people say it's not one of Richard Rogers' best (maybe his second-best is good enough for me). And the story of a middle-aged spinster adrift in Venice is always heart-wrenching.

O.K., now for today's Trivia 101:

"They've taken away our silence."

Ralph

What is this? No takers? It's a quote from one of the most beautiful movies ever made, by one of the most gifted (and unrecognized by the Academy) directors:

"They've taken away our silence."

Ralph

Feaito -

Where have you been? Of course it's Kundun, directed by Martin Scorcese, a heartbreaking movie. Anyway, nice to hear from you.

Today's Trivia 101 question:

What did Carol Burnett, Barbara Hershey, Norma Shearer, and Martha Raye do?