Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Scarlett -

You're right. But what if I had asked, "What do they have in common?" Somebody would have come back with "they are all women" or "actresses" or something like that. Anyway, they all married men who were more than twenty years younger than they (not to mention Elizabeth Taylor, Joan Collins (twice), Merle Oberon, etc.). So it's not only the old geezers looking for trophy wives, sometimes the ladies play the same game (not quite as often, I'll admit).

Ralph

Hi bmovielover from Louisiana. How are you doing down there? O.K.?

You're right. The lady with the tutti-frutti hat! The latin bombshell! Carmen Miranda!!! She brought a lot of fun to the movies during the 40's.

Here's today's Trivia 101:

Who was "born with a smile on his face and a sense that the world was mad?"

Ralph

People, people, people! No, no, no . . . .

My very last clue for this Trivia 101:

The answer is the title of a movie (shown not too long ago on TCM).

Good luck - I think it's too easy now.

Ralph

Hi feaito -

You're right - it's "Scaramouche," starring the lovely Stewart Granger and the even lovelier Eleanor Parker (and Janet Leigh and Mel Ferrer and Nina Foch).

Scaramouche, who was "born with a smile on his face and a sense that the world was mad."

Whew - I'm glad that one is over. I was starting to bore everyone to death.

Here's a new Trivia 101 question:

"Our whole family shouts. It comes from us livin' so close to the railroad tracks."

What character says that? In what movie?

Ralph

feaito -

I didn't even know they made a silent version. But I remember seeing the technicolor swashbuckler when I was just a kid - and thought that Eleanor Parker was the most gorgeous thing I had ever seen (except for maybe Maureen O'Hara - didn't someone say that technicolor was invented for Maureen O'Hara)?

Miss Scarlett - nope, none of those you mentioned.

This is an easy one - as soon as you know the answer, you'll say, "Oh, of course."

Ralph

Gramdc, nice to hear from you. I've been wondering where you were; I thought you'd know that last one about Scaramouche.

Anyway, you're right once again. Mama Rose in "Gypsy."

New Trivia 101: (I think this one is more difficult - but I've been wrong before.

Who said the following and who is he talking about:

"He pretends not to hate me but he does. And it's because I'm queer and he's queer, but unlike him, I don't pretend not to be."

Good luck to all -

Ralph