Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Celebrities in their Nineties!"...

Hello Everybody,

Some interesting FYI annotations:

Just read a listing of some celebrities who?ve reached their nineties??

Remember them? Or can you add to the list?

Bruce Bennett

Vincent Sherman

Barbara Kent

Anita Page

Gloria Stuart

Luise Rainer

Kitty Carlisle

Jane Wyatt

Tony Martin

Karl Malden

Art Linkletter

Rise Stevens

Frankie Laine

Jane Wyman

Kevin McCarthy

Richard Widmark

Harry Morgan

Patricia Morison

Dody Goodman

Of course, we all know that Charles Lane has reached 101, as reported by Mongo in his birthday listings several days ago?. You go!! Charles?. Good on you!!!!

Larry

Gotta love Eli Wallach. Did I see him on 'E.R.' lately? Or was it 'Law and Order'?

How about the following...

Norman Lloyd

Barbara Kent

Beverly Roberts (not so great in Two Against the World)

Marian Marsh (not so great in Svengali)

Jack Cardiff

June Travis (great in Earthworm Tractors)

And I know Peter O'Toole isn't quite ninety yet but he's certainly looked it for as long as I can remember! Sorry, Peter....

Hi,

Eli Wallach should be another one that's due an Honourary Oscar.

And, Barbara Kent was spotted at a charity party last November by Elaine Stewart and she told Elaine that she was 98 and proud to still have all her own teeth and then gave a toothy grin..... That's spunk!!

Larry

Message was edited by:

vecchiolarry

I would like to add blonde cutie Mary Carlisle who turns 94 on the 3rd. She co-starred with Bing Crosby in those college swing musicals and a batch of pre-codes. She is also remembered as the honeymooner in "Grand Hotel".

Hi Guys -

This is embarrassing - I posted as Madge last summer - I got awfully sick this fall and by the time I returned my account didn't work anymore .... anyway Hi!! ... My name is actually Julie - my mom was cruel and named me Juliet (originally she was going to name me 'Christie' after the Eleanor Parker movie - but that is another story! LOL!) Although I haven't participated, I have been following along but too shy to jump back in - but what the heck!!

Here are two ALMOSTS:

Glenn Ford will hit 90 in May and Van Johnson will hit it August .....

Hi Madge,

Welcome back; I wondered where you'd gone....

Sorry you were ill and hope you're better now.

I was wondering about Glenn Ford; he must be up there near 90 now.

Stay in touch and get well..

Larry

Larry -

Thank you for remembering me - and yes - I am much much better! (I also saw Marge Champion on GMA - she was lovely!)

A) Glenn Ford lives with his son (mom Eleanor Powell) - the son has put together a great website dedicated to his dad - Glenn himself often logs onto the message boards and answers questions ...

B) Richard Widmark is married to Susan Blanchard (Oscar Hammerstein's stepdaughter). She was married to Henry Fonda in the 19f50's.... Jane and Peter refer to her as "Mom #2" - they have been lobbying the Academy to get Richard Widmark an Honorary Oscar ....

C) Over 90 - June Havoc - aka "Dainty Baby June" the little sister of Gypsy Rose Lee - she is still quite active and living on her farm in Conn.

- Julie

C) Over 90 - June Havoc - aka "Dainty Baby June" the little sister of Gypsy Rose Lee - she is still quite active and living on her farm in Conn.>>

Julie,

I thought I saw June Havoc as part of the Rememberance of Those Who Passed on the Screen Actors Awards the other night. Do I, hopefully, have her confused with another June who passed away last year?

Hi Lynn -

I think that you saw June Haver - Fred Mac Murray's wife - she passed away a few months ago ... I always get those two tangled in my mind .... I know that June Havoc's daughter passed away, but I think that June is still with us - if not , that was truly without fanfare!!

- Julie

Julie,

Thanks for the clarification. Of course, you are right. It was June Haver. I, too, tend to get the two June's confused.

Thanks for the update and I am glad you are feeling better and back with us!

Hi Madge = Julie,

I will have to get used to calling you Julie now....

Thanks for the info on all those worthy celebrities. I had forgotten all about June Havoc. She was on a re-run of an old "Murder, She Wrote" show last year playing a writer like Agatha Christie sailing on the Queen Mary. She was great and looked wonderful, I loved it.

Larry

Bruce Gordon

His birthday is today. He is 90 years old.

He played mob boss Frank Nitti in the TV series "The Untouchables"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date of Birth: 02/01/1916

Current Age: 90