Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I love the new TCM promos for upcoming films!

I am really enjoying the new promos TCM is using to advertise upcoming movies. I loved the playful, classy promo for "It Happened One Night," and the flim noirish promo for "Sunset Boulevard" is a classic. I just viewed a promo for "The Third Man," and it's great, too.

If TCM is trying to attract younger viewers, these promos are a super way to do it: the editing and "feel" are modern, but the promos respect (and show obvious fondness for) the original films. This is an example of someone creatively "modernizing" the appeal of classic films without imposing their own artistic vision on them (which is a problem voiced by many forum users about the approach taken to the 2005 "In Memorium" review).

To whomever is creating these wonderful, fun new promos: Kudos, and please provide us with some more!

I agree that the promos are excellent, especially the ones for Sunset Boulevard and The Third Man. It takes a very creative person to ?re-edit? the original films like this and produce promos with just the right scenes that are put together in just the right way.

I agree too; I also like the new "this month on TCM" promos; The one for January was edited from some Miyazaki anime, Black Narcissus, Il Conformista, some silents, etc, and I thought it was pretty well done and haunting. I think I caught the one for December only once or twice - it had a clip of Wings of Desire and was pretty good too; I'm now looking forward to catching the one for February. Any chance of seeing these on this website?

The promo for "It Happened One Night" makes me giggle. I love how they made it fun and romantic while keeping the original premise of the movie--that's good editing!

And the monthly promos are fantastic. I look forward to each new month just to see what they come up with. I loved January's Anime themed one. The great thing about those promos is that they really make you want to watch the festivals and specials highlighted--I don't know if I would have watched so many Robert Montgomery movies last month. Plus the music they use is always fitting.

My all time favorite one was September 2004 with Myrna Loy as SOTM just because the background music was so gorgeous. I would up taping it and recording it as an MP3 so I could listen to it over and over.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...