Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who Would You Like to See Come Out of Retirement?

Hello Everybody,

Something new to think about:

Which classic star would you like to see make a comeback?

With Jennifer Jones making a movie in New York City, and Gina Lollobrigida being photographed all over NYC (a friend of mine met her & had his picture taken with her), there must be some whom you'd love to see back in the public eye.....

Larry

Hi,

Thanks for the great replies and anticipatory suggestions; they all sound wonderful!!

Mongo -

Cyd Charisse would be great to see again. There was talk about 5 years ago about her and Angela Lansbury doing a sister type movie - not a horror one but something in an old folks home with them as old movie stars putting on a play or review. What happened???

Wayne -

Sad that one never hears of Dorothy Provine or Turhan Bey anymore; they're not household names, I guess....

Normandie -

Wouldn't Ann Blythe be great to see again. Good actress, great star!!

Larry

Larry, fun topic!

Well talking about sisters, I think Olivia de Havilland and Joan Fontaine would be my top 2 choices. Based on Olivia's interview in the Errol Flynn documentary , age has not diminished her at all.

Though she did some tv films just a few years ago, Maureen O'Hara is another actress I would like to see perform again.

Hi Richard,

Wouldn't an announcement that Joan and Olivia were making a movie together, and about sisters too, just be the news of the decade in the movie industry....

Wow, that film would make buckets and hopefully bring them together before they die.

Sadly, this is probably a pipe-dream.....

Larry