Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can't download screen saver

Hi - am having issues with downloading the PC screensaver. It downloads a very small file, which is 'invalid or corrupt', so says the error message. I think the problem is probably on my end, else there would be more posts about it, but still any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I looove the TCM screen savers. Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...

Hi, rather than create another thread regarding screensavers - since this isn't technically a message board issue - I chose to post here to try to keep things tidy.

I've been trying to download the June '06 screensaver. To date all I ever get is an error page containing the icnn.net url and never a download box. The mac version brings up the download box right away - however, I'm not on a mac so I only click it to see if it functions as it should.

I don't see that anyone else has asked about it so I'm hoping if this is for some reason on my end it'll be easy to discover & fix but I'm not having trouble downloading anything or anywhere else as needed.

I must say I really do appreciate those monthly screensavers. They're great reminders of certain things I want to catch.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks! I see it's only been a couple days since your reply so perhaps all the kinks aren't worked out as yet? I tried downloading the pc version and the download box did pop up, downloading started but snagged at about 76% - just continued to hang there for a very long time.

I'll continue to check back ocassionally. If anyone else reading could let me know that they've had a sucessful download of the pc version I'll know that it's now something on my end.

Thanks again.

Please try downloading your screensaver again. May have been a snag or slow-down in an Internet Connection. Let us know how it goes.

-TCM Web

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if TCM has an archive of older screensavers. I was using one from either March or April (one of the scenes is with Cary Grant in Monkey Business), but accidentally deleted it from my computer. I searched on the TCM site, but it just bounces me back to the current screensaver/wallpaper page.

Thanks,

Susan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Due to contracts and licensing, we are only allowed to provide Screensavers and Wallpapers of movies shown on TCM within the last 3 months. Sorry about that! However, keep your eyes open for a screensaver of another favorite movie.

-TCM Web