Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK, I have no idea if this was discussed before, but I'd love to know what everybody's favourite Disney movies are.

I tend to go for "classic" Disneys, such as "Aristocats" (which is my all time favourite Disney animation), "Bambi", "Pinocchio", "101 Dalmatians", "Jungle Book", etc.

I am not saying that the "new" Disney movies are inferior, but I prefer the style of animation and story pacing of the older ones. The drawings back then definitely had more detail and hue than the contemporary ones, which seem flat to me.

The documentary on restoration of "Bambi" showed us the the enormous level of respect today's animators have for the classic masters of animation. It was also very interesting to see the actual process of scanning the glass plates which contain the original hand paintings.

As with everything else, progress means change, yet I wonder if the use of modern technology, ie. the computer animation is a change for the better?

I love Dumbo! My sister cannot even watch it to this day due to the Momma Elephant in the clink scene holding Dumbo in her trunk and the song " Baby Mine" going in the background. That is such a heart wrenching movie- gees. Definitely one of my favorites, up there with Snow White.

I love all the Disney animated movies! My favorites:

Classics:

"Jungle Book" (gotta love that sound track)

"Peter Pan"

"Sleeping Beauty" (my first theatre movie and one of the first kid's movies with stuff for the grown-ups too)

"Aristocats" (man--did those old cartoons have great soundtracks or what?)

Newer:

"Beauty and the Beast" (just superior all around and a great heroine)

"Aladdin" (one of the funniest movies ever made)

"The Lion King" (genuinely funny and moving)

I really like a lot of the live-action Disney movies from the '50s and '60s - especially "The Absent-Minded Professor" with Fred MacMurray, "The Parent Trap," "The Shaggy Dog," and "The Moon-Spinners" with Hayley Mills. I definitely prefer the old animation to the new computer animation. There's no comparison! My favorite animated Disney movies are "Alice in Wonderland," "101 Dalmations," and "Snow White."

Although my all time favorite is "Bambi" (love the art work and the characters especially Thumper), I also cater to "Pinocchio" and "Song of the South" (which has animated segments).

My favorite of the newer Disney is "The Lion King".

You have an excellant eye. Animation is an art. An art that is slowy, dying. The real masters of their time. We need to appreciate art, music, etc. Like we would a fine wine or cheese. I always thought it would be great, to work for Disney. I majored in art. It's truly a different world. One worth exploring.

ah there are so many!

of the animated, i love sleeping beauty, robin hood, and 101 dalmatians

of live action, i love the parent trap, freaky friday, the moon spinners, and summer magic... i'm sure there are alot more though, cos i LOVE disney classics

I've got to put my plug in for "Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier". I know it started life as a TV series but it led me to a lifeline interest in the Alamo and Texas history. I also remember fondly "Johnny Shiloh" and "Tonka".

I love the princess classics - I can't believe how today's children can watch them everyday when we were lucky to see the once in our childhood! My favorite of the newest in Beauty in the Beast - what a musical!

While in the animation world it hard to top Disney's movies - I also love the Aristocats, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty my favorite Disney movies are the good old classics they used to make in the sixties. My favorites are the "animal" movies that always seemed to have Dean Jones in them. That Darn Cat, The Ugly Dachshund, Monkeys Go Home. I LOVE those movies. I grew up watching them over, and over. I've often wondered what ever happened to Disney making movies like that? Now, the tween-ish Hilary Duff, Amanda Bynes movies are all the family movies they seem to be able to produce. What I wouldn't give for some more Dean Jones, Haley Mills movies. And not only that, but you used to be able to see these great movies on the Disney channel on tv. I wish they still showed good stuff like that on tv.

Which brings to mind, one of my favorite Disney productions was the miniseries they made in the mid 80's that they showed on tv- Return to Treasure Island. I must have watched that fifty times growing up. It was so good!! I still have the original tapes that I made back then because you can't find them anywhere on ebay. It seems to me that now with all the pirate, ship hype from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies it would be a perfect time for them to re-release the Return to Treasure Island series on DVD as a boxed set. I would buy them in a jiffy!

If classic movies make up 90% of what I watch, the other 10% is Disney. I'm a huge Disney fan especially of classic Disney. I find the classic animation so beautiful. The older Disney movies tend to be quieter with nice music and that's why I like them so much. My favorites are Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty (I love Bill Shirley's voice-prince philip and singing voice for Freddy in My Fair Lady) Beauty and the Beast, Jungle Book, ALL the princess movies, Mary Poppins. Although I prefer the older ones, I also like Toy Story (especially Toy Story 2) , Bugs Life, and Nemo. Of course Pooh!!! Disney movies are so touching, there's not a one where I'm not in tears for some reason or another.....so they will always remain among my favorites!

• 2 weeks later...