Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rain, Snow and Things Falling From Sky

CaveGirl

Like the red snow in 1975's "Breakheart Pass", based on Alistair MacLeans book--spam should NOT be eaten OR clicked on, as who knows what nasties the spam posts may contain--CaveGirl, I notify the mods (the "contact us" button), & I do so until spam is Gone.  For the unwary or unprotected (computer-wise), spam is a danger.  JMO.

Edit: The food product is strictly up to a persons dietary preferences.

Edit II--"Snow Falling On Cedars" is a beautifully photographed film, TopBilled.

• Like 2

LOL...I love it...though I am sure this will be moved to the off-topic chit chat forum. 

Unless you connect it with scenes of rainfall and snowfall in classic film. :)

Of course, TB. I was moved to post this after thinking about the snowglobe scene in "Citizen Kane".

• Like 2

-CaveGirl, I notify the mods (the "contact us" button), & I do so until spam is Gone.  For the unwary or unprotected (computer-wise), spam is a danger.  JMO.

You notify the Mods, Film Lover? I had no idea that Pete Townsend or Roger Daltrey were on the TCM message boards.

• Like 1

Thanks, TB!

The snowglobe reminds me of rhinoplasty since Everett Sloane got a nose job later and never looked as cute as he did as Mr. Bernstein.

You're welcome.

I was tempted to actually show a picture of Rosebud, but for the two people who still haven't yet seen CITIZEN KANE, I did not want to spoil it.

You're welcome.

I was tempted to actually show a picture of Rosebud, but for the two people who still haven't yet seen CITIZEN KANE, I did not want to spoil it.

Please TB, no pictures of Rosebud!

That might make William Randolph Hearst turn over in his grave, being that it was his pet name for Marian's uh, unmentionable parts.

Please TB, no pictures of Rosebud!

That might make William Randolph Hearst turn over in his grave, being that it was his pet name for Marian's uh, unmentionable parts.

Now those two people who still haven't seen CITIZEN KANE-- they will be making a point of watching it tonight. 

Incidentally, Gregg Toland is someone who deserves more recognition on TCM. 

Screen%2Bshot%2B2015-12-10%2Bat%2B1.01.4

So true, TB. Look at the classics he photographed like Mad Love, Dead End, wuthering Heights, Grapes of Wrath, The Little Foxes and The Best Years of Our Lives.

But enough about that; I also feel TCM should be held accountable for climate change and just what are they doing about it I ask you???

LOL...I love it...though I am sure this will be moved to the off-topic chit chat forum. 

Unless you connect it with scenes of rainfall and snowfall in classic film. :)

I can address both that AND "Frank Sinatra month".

Just last night(or early morning, as per your POV), a scene in THE DEVIL AT 4 O'CLOCK had ash falling from the sky due to the volcano eruption. She didn't limit it to JUST rain and snow!  :)

Sepiatone

• Like 1

So true, TB. Look at the classics he photographed like Mad Love, Dead End, wuthering Heights, Grapes of Wrath, The Little Foxes and The Best Years of Our Lives.

But enough about that; I also feel TCM should be held accountable for climate change and just what are they doing about it I ask you???

Interesting you say that. I've been volunteering with the local Habitat for Humanity. And I would love to see more environment- and community-conscious programming on TCM. I was just thinking about that yesterday. 

It would also behoove TCM to partner with Stouffers and come up with some specialized tv dinners which would compliment the daily line-up of films doncha think?

Turkey and dressing for any really bad films and creme de la creme pie for Cannes film winners.

• Like 1

Things that fall from the sky.

1.  Generally:

Paper clips

Washers (galvanized)

Toe nail clippers

Stuffed moose heads

2.  In movies:

Aliens (The Man Who Fell to Earth 1976)

Chair parts (The Twelve Chairs 1970)

Food (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs)

Cows, Trojan Rabbits (Monty Python and the Holy Grail 1975)

(Note:  Most things that fall from the sky in movies do so in the 1970s.)

Things that fall from the sky.

1.  Generally:

Paper clips

Washers (galvanized)

Toe nail clippers

Stuffed moose heads

2.  In movies:

Aliens (The Man Who Fell to Earth 1976)

Chair parts (The Twelve Chairs 1970)

Food (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs)

Cows, Trojan Rabbits (Monty Python and the Holy Grail 1975)

(Note:  Most things that fall from the sky in movies do so in the 1970s.)

Comets (Deep Impact - 1998)

Deep%20Impact%20poster_0.jpg

It would also behoove TCM to partner with Stouffers and come up with some specialized tv dinners which would compliment the daily line-up of films doncha think?

Turkey and dressing for any really bad films and creme de la creme pie for Cannes film winners.

So...outside of BOB HOPE, who'd be fitting for a HAM dinner?  :D

Sepiatone