Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Top Ten Films of...

13 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Are there any of the high-profile ones that you didn't like? Any from my Top 9 list?

I have seen Once Upon a Time In Hollywood and Dolemite Is My Name.   I didn't dislike either of them but they didn't set me on fire.  I liked Eddie Murphy's performance in Dolemite and DiCaprio's in Once Upon a Time more than the movies.  I wasn't too sure what the point was of Tarantino's film and I am not a fan of alternate comic book history.  It may be entertaining to some but I find it a tad irresponsible.  It made me wonder how the families of the victims would feel about it.  I know that is a deep subject.  You could poke holes in just about every Warner Bros. "historical" biopic from the 30's and 40's.  But for the same reason I wan't a fan of Inglorious Basterds.

• Thanks 1

Top Ten Favorite Movies of 2019    (127 titles seen)

1. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
  2. 1917
  3. The Irishman
  4. Parasite
  5. Midsommar
  6. Doctor Sleep
  7. Jojo Rabbit
  8. Marriage Story
  9. The Farewell
  10. Dolemite Is My Name

Runners-Up: Ad Astra, Joker, The Two Popes, The Report, Bad Education, Booksmart

As well as these recommended documentaries - Rolling Thunder Revue, Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice, American Factory, and One Child Nation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

My top films of 2019 of 53 seen.  I have seen all fo the Best Picture Oscar contenders.

1.  The Irishman

2.  Marriage Story

3.  Knives Out

4.  Bombshell

5.  1917

6.  Rolling Thunder: A Bob Dylan Film by Martin Scorsese

7.  The Cave

8.  Parasite  

9.  The Report

10.  Joker

Runner Up:  Booksmart

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Top 10 Movies of 2019

1. Missing Link

2. Little Women

3. Knives Out

4. Toy Story 4

5. Booksmart

6. 1917

7. Frozen II

8. Captain Marvel

9. The Kid Who Would Be King

10. Rocketman

I obviously have more movies to see, but this is my Top 10 so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 8 months later...

Here is a list of favorite movies  from year 1930,  Raffles  Tom Sawyer The Divorcee  The Big House  Min and Bill  The Devil To  Pay  Morocco  Hell's  Angels  Animal  Crackers   All  Quiet On The Western Front

Here is a list of favorite movies from 1931  Dracula  City Lights  Dishonored  Dr  Jekyll and  Mr  Hyde  Arrowsmith  Frankenstein   The Public  Enemy  Little  Caesar  Mata Hari    The  Champ

Here is a list of favorite  movies  from  year 1932   Grand  Hotel  A Bill  of  Divorcement  The  Animal  Kingdom  I Am A  Fugitive From A Chain  Gang  What Price  Glory  Tarzan The Ape  Man  Trouble In  Paradise  Shanghai  Express  Red  Dust  Bird of Paradise

Here is a list of favorite movies  from the year 1933  Design For Living  Little Women  Morning  Glory  She Done Him  Wrong  42nd  Street  The  Eagle and The  Hawk  Flying Down To Rio  Footlight Parade  Queen  Christina  The Story of  Temple Drake

Here is a list favorite movies from the year 1934  It Happened One Night  Of Human Bondage  The Thin Man  The Barrets  of  Wimpole Street  The  Count  of  Monte  Cristo  Cleopatra  The  Richest  Girl In  The  World  The  Scarlet  Empress  Twentieth  Century  The Scarlet  Pimpernel

Here is a list of  favorite movies from the year 1935  Mutiny On The  Bounty  Lives of A  Bengal Lancer  Roberta  Top Hat  Captain Blood  G Men   Les Miserables  The Dark  Angel  Becky  Sharp  The 39  Steps

Here is a list of favorite movies from the year  1936  San Francisco  Libeled Lady  Camille   Dodsworth   The Great Ziegfeld   Mr Deeds Goes To Town  My Man Godfrey  Anthony  Adverse   The Petrified  Forest  The Plainsman

Here is a list of favorite movies from the year 1937  Lost  Horizon   The Awful  Truth  Dead End  Stage Door  Stella Dallas  Topper  A  Star is  Born  The Good  Earth  The Prisoner of Zenda  Captain's  Courageous

Here is a list of favorite  movies from the year 1938  You Can't Take It With  You   The Adventures of Robin Hood  The Lady Vanishes  Angels With  Dirty  Faces  The Citadel  Jezebel  Boys Town  Holiday  Test Pilot  In  Old  Chicago

Here is a list of favorite movies from the year 1939  The Wizard of Oz  Dark Victory   Love Affair  Beau  Geste   Drums Along The Mohawk  Gunga  Din  Only Angels Have Wings  The Roaring  Twenties  The  Women  Wuthering  Heights

Here is  a list of favorite movies from the year 1940  The  Grapes of  Wrath  His Girl  Friday  Kitty Foyle  The Mark of  Zorro  Rebecca  The Shop  Around  The Corner  All This And Heaven Too  City  For  Conquest   Foreign  Correspondent   Night  Train  To  Munich  

Here is a list of favorite  movies  from the year  1941  The  Maltese  Falcon  The  Lady  Eve  Citizen Kane  Sargent  York  How Green  Was My  Valley  The Little  Foxes  Suspicion    Sullivan  Travels  The  Devil  And  Miss  Jones  Major  Barbara

Here is a list of favorite  movies from the year 1942   Casablanca  The Magnificent  Ambersons   Now  Voyager  Mrs.  Miniver  The Palm  Beach  Story  Woman of  The  Year  The Pride of  The  Yankees  Yankee  Doodle  Dandy   Random  Harvest   In  Which  We  Serve

Here is a list  of  favorite  movies  from the year  1943   Jane  Eyre   The Life and  Death of  Colonel  Blimp  The Song of  Bernadette   Watch On  The  Rhine  The More The  Merrier  Heaven  Can  Wait   Five  Graves To  Cairo  Shadow of  A  Doubt   So  Proudly We  Hail   This Earth Is  Mind

Here is a list of favorite  movies from  the year  1944  Gaslight  Laura   Meet Me In  Saint Louis   Going  My  Way  Hail  The  Conquering  Hero  Since You Went Away  This Happy  Breed  The White  Cliffs  of  Dover  To  Have And  Have Not   Double  Indemnity  

Here is a list of favorite  movies  from the year  1945   The Lost  Week End  The Picture of Dorian  Gray  Scarlet  Street  Spellbound  The Valley of Decision  The Enchanted  Cottage  Leave Her To  Heaven  Brief Encounter  Mildred  Pierce  Blithe  Spirit

Here is a list of favorite movies  from the year  1946  The Big Sleep  It's A Wonderful Life  The Best Years of Our Life  The Blue  Dahlia  My  Darling Clementine  Gilda  The  Killers   Anna And The King of Siam  Notorious   The Postman  Always  Rings Twice

Here is a list of favorite movies  from  the year  1947  Out of  The Past  Gentleman's  Agreement  Kiss of  Death  The  Lady  From  Shanghai  The  Ghost and  Mrs. Muir  Brute Force  Crossfire  Black Narcissus  Life  With  Father  Odd  Man  Out

Here is a list of favorite  movies from the year  1948   The  Treasure of  Sierra  Madre  Red  River  The Snake  Pit   The  Fallen  Idol  Key  Largo   Johnny  Belinda  The  Big  Clock  The  Search  Sorry  Wrong  Number  The  Red  Shoes

Here is a list of  favorite  movies  from the year  1949   White  Heat  The  Third  Man  The  Heiress  Adam's  Rib  All The  King's  Men  Champion  Battleground   Twelve O'clock High  She  Wore  A  Yellow  Ribbon   Kind  Hearts  and  Coronets