Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have it, too, and love it! A male friend of my daughter's bought it for himself, a while back, and I was so pleased. This guy (through my daughter) is just getting into classic movies (he's 20) and loves William Powell (and Myrna, too). I am soooo happy I turned my daughter on to classics at an early age. She, in turn, spreads the message. Her boyfriend bought It's a Wonderful Life before Christmas and returned it shortly after, noticing it was colorized. When things like that happen, it warms my heart.

Just watched the DVD of FROM THE TERRACE (1960) on my new high definition TV. Loy plays Paul Newman's mother and as usual she is quite wonderful. Definitely an Oscar worthy supporting actress performance. There is no one on the screen like Ms. Loy today.

My daughter loves classics too and she makes her friends watch them. She's like a pusher. She starts them off with something light like "Bringing Up Baby" or "Singin' in the Rain," then leads them into the hard stuff. LOL

I absolutely adore Myrna Loy she is so pretty and a great actress. Some of my favorites are of course the Thin Men. Mr Blandings and Cheaper By The Dozen...(Her version) TCM ran a program a few weeks ago where I think it was Kathleen Turner hosted a kind of biography on Myrna Loy. It was very good and I learned alot. ...for ex: I didn't know she was in Ben Hur with a bit part.

Also love her in 1936's Libeled lady with Loy,William Powell, Spencer Tracy & Jean Harlow. This Thursday 2/23/06 @ 2:30pm (est) Ms.Loy in 1934's Manhattan Melodrama with William Powell and Clark Gable. The last movie John Dillinger watched before he was shot outside the theater.

vallo

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite Myrna Loy movies is Double Wedding. I love everything that she did with Bill Powell and I also love everything that she did with Cary Grant. My Thin Man Collection is the prized possession that I have in my dvd collection. I love the bonus disc that has the Myrna Loy and William Powell specials on it.