Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Favorite Trivia

MrWriteLA

> Ray Bolger?

You got it!

Ebsen was originally cast as the Scarecrow. In one of those occasional occurences that used to happen back then, the two actors decided to swap roles... a decision Buddy Ebsen must have kicked himself for, considering what was to happen afterwards. (The allergy to the make-up, etc.)

Well done!

CAVALCADE from 1933. I saw this on Fox Movie Channel last year. I wish a nice cleaned-up print would make it to dvd. It follows the lives of an English family from the 1890's to 1933. Based on a play by Noel Coward. Truly a forgotten best picture winner.

Sandy K

Message was edited by: Sandy K

sandykaypax

OK, here's a "what movie is this line from?" question. Name the film, the actor who says it, and the two screenwriters who wrote it (who are better known for other achievements):

"'Patronizing'? Is that the word you meant to use?"

A further clue:

Of the film's two writers--neither of whom ever wrote another screenplay, either together or apart--one (now deceased) was an actor principally associated with one iconic character, and the other (still alive) is a composer/lyricist.

Archived