Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Favorite Trivia

Dang, you're good, duffylab. Quite right. (hic)

In the same vein...

If you knocked on the door of these addresses (state/country provided), who would be most likely to answer the door?

5133 Kensington Avenue (Missouri address)

2171 Magenta Drive (Jamaica address)

10086 Sunset Blvd. (California address)

If you knocked on the door of these addresses (state/country provided), who would be most likely to answer the door?

5133 Kensington Avenue (Missouri address)

Katie would answer this door, though if she were out running an errand or out in the back, any number of the Smith family might answer it. This is the Smith's home, but Katie works there.

10086 Sunset Blvd. (California address)

Max von Mayerling would answer this door, and would probably shoo you away so that you wouldn't bother "the greatest of them all".

Jack, you got the Sunset one right, but you're a tad off on the Kensington. (Sing the song to yourself.)

And what about that Jamaica one? (HINT: The title came up on this thread a few days ago.)

TOOMANYNOTES has nailed the Jamaica one, though he got the answering character wrong. Since it's not a major character, though, I'll give him credit for it. (It's "Miss Taro," a minion of the evil doctor.)

However, you're ALL misremembering the lyrics to "The Boy Next Door"!

> Tom Drake would answer?

Bingo.

"...I live at 5135 Kensington Avenue, and he lives at 5133."

(Easy way to keep 'em straight is to remember that the name of the original series of stories in The New Yorker was "5135 Kensington Ave.")

Another In Other Words...

Teen who has problem with consuming jelly breaks out -- and so does his friend who plays with matches, his friend who plays with dinosaurs, and his friend who got sidetracked on his way to Australia.

(Pssst, Dan! Over here! Richard Attenborough -- who was in The Great Escape -- played with dinosaurs in Jurassic Park...)

(Oh, and I'm not sure, but Charles Bronson -- who's also in The Great Escape -- might have played with matches in House of Wax; at least I remember that the House burned down and that Charles Bronson was "Igor", but these are circumstantial memories...)

That's what I was afraid of. I'm still not sure I have the hang of this, but let's see...

TV newsman with his whole life ahead of him takes on an impossible mission while the rat looks on.

And are we sure we won, Jack? Mr Write is a tricky one, you know.

Message was edited by:

LuckyDan

Ayres getsi it (with an assist from the rest of you) -- it's "The Great Escape."

Yes, Steve McQueen was the teen with the problem with the "consuming jelly."

James Coburn was the match-player in "Charade"

Richard Attenborough was the dinosaur-player in "Jurassic Park"

and James Garner was the waylaid Australia-goer in "Support Your Local Sherrif"

Good work, all of you! I'm awestruck by your deductive talents!

Okay...

What movie was this tag-line to?

"The Year's Wildest, Wittiest Whirlwind of a Love Battle... Outrageously Racy... Sparkling... Gay!"