Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Favorite Trivia

MrWriteLA

It can't be Columbia, because both men made films there. Astaire never made films at Universal, and he didn't appear in any Fox films until the 1950s.

So I'd have to venture that it was during the time Astaire was making HOLIDAY INN (1942) at Paramount.

While we're on the topic of title songs, who wrote this bouncy ditty and what are the last two words?

It creeps

And leaps and glides and slides

Across the floor

Right through the door

And all around the wall

A splotch, a blotch

Be careful of _______ _________.

Okay, another In Other Words...

A disbeliever in the paranormal, investigating the death of a widow who saw a ghost, thinks he sees one too... and soon Sir Walter Raleigh, a seaweed-gatherer and a prolific efficiency expert do as well.

Is it Laura?

Disbeliever = Dana Andrews (Night of the Demon)

widow = Gene Tierney (Ghost & Mrs. Muir)

Sir Walter Raleigh = Vincent Price (Private Lives of Elizabeth & Essex)

seaweed-gatherer = ?

efficiencey expert = Clifton Webb (Cheaper by the Dozen)

Did Mrs. Danvers (Judith Anderson) collect the seaweed that was strewn about Rebecca after her boating accident?

Rockwell did a lot of work for Hollywood, ranging from THE RAZOR'S EDGE (1946) to STAGECOACH (1966). The Norman Rockwell Museum in Stickbridge, Mass., was unaware of his immense painting of Victor Mature in SAMSON AND DELILAH until it was offered for auction a few years ago.

I have a set of 20th Century-Fox studio key-set proofs of his paintings the cast of STAGECOACH in my collection, and they're quite lovely.