Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Favorite Trivia

Over his long career, he was mean to Laurel and Hardy, ran a progressive school in Greenwich village, and played medicine men, Indian chiefs, Nazis, Fu Manchu, and the son of Genghis Khan.

Who was he?

You got it, patful!

Agatha Christie based her book on a real-life incident that happened to Gene Tierney, and Liz played the role in the film. (I won't say any more, so as not to spoil it if anyone hasn't seen it.)

You are right... though the replaced term in that line was "sons-of-bitches." (Frankly, I've always liked "suckers" better. The K sound is always funnier, as we know.)

"Bastard" was the "7-letter word" -- though actually I should have said that the euphemism there was the letter "B", thus: "That, darling, is 'bastard,' a seven-letter word that means your late father" became "That darling, is a B... the first letter of a seven-letter word that means your late father."

"Heterosexual"--one of the words Patrick writes down that he doesn't understand--was a replacement for (what else?) "****sexual." :-)

What do the following characters have in common?

A Russian count who has an affair with an empress

A 2,000-year-old woman who bathes in fire

A Broadway hoofer who gets drunk on his opening

An unwilling small-town amputee

Message was edited by:

MrWriteLA

Something tells me they've all held public office. At least John Lodge (who played "a Russian count who has an affair with an empress" in Scarlett Empress) was a congressman, governor and ambassador. And George Murphy (who played "a Broadway hoofer who gets drunk on his opening" in Broadway Melody of 1940) was a senator.

Oh wait a minute, this is definitely it; because Helen Gahagan [Douglas] (who I believe played "a 2,000 year old woman who bathes in fire") was also in congress (and hoped to go further, but was ruined by Nixon).

Let's see now... "An unwilling small-town amputee"... Did the Gipper lose a limb?

> Let's see now... "An unwilling small-town amputee"...

> Did the Gipper lose a limb?

Where do you think he got the title of his autobiography: Where's the Rest of Me? (from "King's Row", not "Knute Rockne")

Very good, Jack. You've solved another one.

Henry Daniell played Moriarty in The Woman in Green.. He played Dr. Zucco in Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

George Zucco played Moriarty in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

I did NOT know that. Wild stuff.

Message was edited by:

LuckyDan