Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Favorite Trivia

Anna Magnani as the Italian Mayors Wife ( Anthony Quinn) in 1969's "Secret Of Santa Vittoria".................Carroll Baker recipient of fur coat in 1965's "Harlow" (Jean)" .......At first I thought it was Liz Taylor but she stole the fur coat from Laurence Harvey for payment of a "Nights Pleasure" when she wrote in lipstick on the mirror "No Sale"! ( A bit too late on that one as Laurence had a smile on his face for the entire day) ;)

Regards

And you're sure it's the leprechaun king? It's driving me crazy that Tina Martin seems to have made a career out of playing leprechaun queens... and Martin would fit... Not that I can think of a bishop named "Tina"...

In the meantime, I'll continue wracking my brain by envisioning every omnibus scene in movies that I can recall...

The recipient of the fur coat would be Jean Arthur [maybe in "The More The Merrier"? I don't know...], making the next one Arthur Godfrey [in "Where Angels Go, Trouble Follows"] and the next one Godfrey Martin [this one is too obscure for me.

Thanks for the "ukulele" clue - not too many 'ukemeisters' around.

"Since the leprechaun is fairly obscure, you might do better to concentrate on fur-coated Jean and the Bishop. The latter, by the way, was better known for playing the ukulele."

Now one would think that would have made it much easier. But I can't seem to make Cliff "Ukulele Ike" Edwards, Rudy Vallee nor Tiny Tim fit... "Jean Tiny"? "Vallee Martin"?

Oh, I just noticed that wordmaster did it. I bet he's right. That's great! Thanks, Mr. Master!

Congratulations, wordmaster, for correctly filling in the blanks!

Of course, it would have helped if I hadn't inadvertently left out a link in the chain (DOH!). "Leprechaun king" should have been followed by "Toyland's Jack"... Godfrey James (of both "Leapin' Leprecauns" and its sequel ) leading to James Martin (of Disney's "Babes in Toyland") Obscure actors but I didn't need to make matters even more difficult. My deepest apologies for the omission, and kudos to you both for figuring out the rest in spite of it.

The Jean Arthur movie, by the way, is "Easy Living" (screenplay by Preston Sturges), in which her life changes when Edward Arnold's wife's fur coat lands on her while riding on top of a double-decker bus.

Godfrey Martin played King Kevin in

Thanks for the clarification re: Jean Arthur.

I haven't seen either "Easy Living" or "The More The Merrier" - I probably should.

The only "Bishop" I could think of was not in the movies - I kept thinking of the classic Monty Python sketch, "The Bishop" - so I needed that hint.

I couldn't locate a Godfrey Martin - apart from one in the phone book.

Gene Lockhart

Do I have to list all the movies?

Underpaid Victorian clerk in "A Christmas Carol"

Famous debater in "Abe Lincoln in Illinois"

Counselor to a French king in "Richlieu" or is it "Cardinal Richelieu?"

Shavian menagerie keeper in "Androcles and the Lion"

Heavenly maintenance man "Carousel"

That's off the top of my head. The others ?

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is Wordmaster who owes us a question, but if he will permit, I will offer a question to amuse you while he formulates his question:

What actor played two real-life men who were convicted of selling secrets to the Soviets? The second was a TV movie, but since there really aren't a jillion movies made about real-life people selling secrets to the Soviets, I'm including this TV movie to make it a little more interesting. This is two separate films in which he starred.

Where is MrWriteLA ? is he OK ?

I certainly hope he hasn't become discouraged by recent events on the TCM message boards.

I must say, to my shame, I was drawn into some of those events. However I wont delete any of my posts. I'll let them stand as a monument to stupidity.

Regards