Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Favorite Trivia

That answer was based on the merest shadow of a memory that The Cisco Kid was filmed in color, even though we didn't have a color TV set until long after that show went off the air.

This one shouldn't be too taxing.

What do these actors have in common:

Freddie Bartholomew

James MacArthur

Lee Majors

"We Who Are About to Die?"

Well, the IMDb does not have a "notable quotes" section for "We Who Are About to Die," so I cannot tell if the quoted line appears in that movie... but I doubt that it does. Anyway, it isn't the movie I was thinking of.

Consider: The line is spoken by a police captain, who is trying desperately to reach someone... but the person is asleep. Now, think: WHO would a police captain be trying to wake up? And WHY would this be the FINAL LINE of the movie?

Dan N.

Well, it's January 21, exactly one week since I first posted this question:

What famous film noir ENDS with this line:

"Well, I'm afraid you'll have to wake him, then."

Remember, it's the last line of the film. I've quoted it verbatim.

No correct answers were forthcoming; so, here's the title: BLACK ANGEL (1946), a mesmerizing film noir directed by the ill-fated Roy William Neill. (He died of a heart attack at age 59.)

The film is a murder mystery with all sorts of plot twists and red herrings... and one terrific payoff. In the final scene, homicide detective Broderick Crawford finds a clue that proves a condemned man is innocent... on the very day he is scheduled to be executed! So Crawford places a phone call to the Governor's mansion, early in the morning, before the scheduled execution. We hear only his side of the conversation. After he asks to speak to the Governor, there's a pause, then Crawford says:

"Well, I'm afraid you'll have to wake him, then."

Great ending to a great film noir.

Cheers,

Dan N.

I just saw "The Black Dahlia" and in one scene a movie marquee is advertising "Black Angel." It made me curious about the film and then to find out that it's the answer to this question...well, I just had to add it to my Netflix queue. *g*

Di

Robert Benigni - La Vita e bella

Billy Bob Thornton - Sling Blade

Woody Allen - Annie Hall

Sylvester Stallone - Rocky

CharlieT

Exactly right, Charlie. There was one other one that I forgot: Charles Chaplin, for "The Great Dictator" (1940).

Cheers,

Dan N.

OK. Here's a quickie. This movie had hundreds of thousands of unpaid "extras." It starred some of the most famous celebrities of its day, although most never made another movie. The majority of the film was shot over a three-day period.

What movie am I?

CharlieT

Put on your thinking caps now, and tell me what movie contains the following line:

"Thank Christ she's asleep! She's drunk all my best Stoly, all my Scotch! She's even put away the Drambuie I was saving for your Christmas visit!"

Who said that, and in what film?

Dan N.

Two (2) days, and no replies yet. Not good.

The movie in question contains two major stars and some excellent supporting players. I believe it was shot in England.

This line is not obscure, it is very forceful, and said in an agitated manner:

"Thank Christ she's asleep! She's drunk all my best Stoly, all my Scotch! She's even put away the Drambuie I was saving for your Christmas visit!"

Who said that, and in what film?

Dan N.