Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Favorite Trivia

Could it have been "Boris" in "The Big Picture" (aka "The Creator")?

You know, I've never seen "Creator" (1985), but your post prompted me to check it out on the IMDb... and from reading the mostly rosy commentaries on it, I'm now inclined to hunt down this movie and see it for myself. Must be a great Peter O'Toole performance, for I see that the only negative comment on "Creator" still found reason to praise O'Toole's portrayal of Dr. Harry Wolper.

It must be a truly wonderful movie, but... alas! It's not the one that contains the quote I've been posting here.

Dan N.

http://www.silentfilmguide.com

> Was it O'Toole in "Club Paradise"?

>

>

> No, it wasn't. And remember, I said Peter O'Toole is

> IN the movie in question. I didn't say he is the

> speaker of the quote.

>

> Dan N.

>

> http://www.silentfilmguide.com

In "Club Paradise" I thought it was Robin Williams who said it not O'Toole, I am not that slow on the uptake!

I'll say Stephen Campbell Moore - "Bright Young Things" (2004)

Bartlett

OK one last try...Peter O'Toole/ Jodie Whittaker / Leslie Phillips / Vanessa Redgrave in "Venus"?

Bartlett

Absolutely correct! And if you have seen "Venus" (2006), you too must have marvelled at the brilliance of Peter O'Toole's performance.

He should win the Oscar in this, his eighth try... but alas, I'm afraid the statuette has already been engraved with the name Forrest Whitaker on it.

Great performance, anyway. And Vanessa Redgrave was equally good.

Your time at bat now, Bartlett!

Dan N.

Now Dan, how can I say this nicely? Why are we spending our time researching classic movies if you are posting questions about movies still in first run? If one hasn't actually seen the current film in question, how is one to determine an answer? Where does one not in the Writers' Guild easily find entire movie scripts posted online?

OK, OK, I'll stop griping. Maybe I can come up with a new thread to amuse myself.

hello dan

i thought carol channing was correct!

i've come up with marilyn miller but i don't

think she was a star in two different eras.

norbell

Hi norby... I thank you for writing, and I know from painful, first-hand experience the agony that goes with thinking you've come up with the right answer, only to learn that it's wrong. It's happened to me, many times.

Remember: The star in question was a MAJOR success on Broadway. Then this person went to Hollywood and appeared in three "flops" in a row. After only five (5) films, the person returned to Broadway and became a MAJOR success... AGAIN!

I'm really curious to know why none of you have asked, is this person male or female?

Cheers,

Dan N.

http://www.silentfilmguide.com