Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can you believe this?

In the community page, where you vote for the daily movies, someone posted under the name of "Not Scarlett" "Stop the low balling ratings, please." Can you believe the audacity of some people? Most of my ratings were high - there were only a couple of low ones, obviously movies this person likes. Like someone is going to tell me how to vote. I may not really be Scarlett but I've got some of her attitudes, which I've been told all my life (which likely is not a good thing), and be damned if someone is going to tell me what to do. Do I sound angry? ;-) I would be if I thought this person was worth the time of day - but I'm more amazed that they would have the nerve to post that.

Lately there has been a lot of new posters that feel that sarcasm is funny and make fun of this site and it's content. Whether it's the movie's TCM shows or just to be a wise -****. I like newer Posters and I think that if they really love Classic films this is the place to be. But there will always be clowns. Hopefully they will get bored and go away.Scarlett hang in there...

vallo

Scarlett,

Don't waste time worrying about nasty idiots, who try to tell you what to do.

A couple of weeks ago some stupid curr told me directly to stop writing in a thread and after telling him/her/it where to deposit their s--t, I decided to ignore him/her/it and place him/her/it in an "Ignore" pattern......

They're not worth it and I enjoy reading your posts and value your opinions..

My best rgards,

Larry

Imagine, someone telling you and Larry what to do. It's crazy. I really enjoy reading and participating on the boards. Those of you who have history on this board are appreciated and have a wealth of knowledge that is valuable. You also have a civility that others could do well to share. There's nothing wrong with having a spirited debate. There's plenty of room to disagree but it's too bad when it gets into name calling. Hopefully, those will find somewhere else to write.

Hi Scarlett , I changed my username,but I merely had it changed back to the one I had on the old board. Then I had to go through all the forums to find my watched threads again,that took a while! I checked all the back to find the ones I had watched under my old/present username. I found a lot of Antar's posts-I wish he was here,I miss him! And Professor Echo.Antar was a trip,LOL.

mrsmel.jpg

Hi Scarlett,

Too bad you were irked so badly you felt the need to defend your ratings. They are what they are because you are a thinking person. You are not a clone nor a mindless drone brainwashed into falling for the race for censorship so prevalent today. Strangely a lot of people feel that anything they consider an offense must be purged. Feel free to be,speak, and write as you wish. Call them as you see them and let those who wish to stop you take a flying leap.

As far as comments about new people posting, I don't quite understand why anyone would feel this to be a negative thing. Diversity in any ecosystem brings sustainability.

Susanb

(Sentenced by name into being a reactionary and individualist.)

susanb,

Quote:

"As far as comments about new people posting, I don't quite understand why anyone would feel this to be a negative thing. Diversity in any ecosystem brings sustainability."

Excellent point!

Rusty

BTW: Sorry I can't do better than a "me too" post.

> daddysprimadonna,

>

> Quote:

> "Antar was a trip,LOL..."

>

> Do you think the name "Hedy Lamarr" still sends him

> cartwheeling?

>

> Rusty

Probably,he was fascinated with her,LOL,but I don't blame him,she truly was gorgeous,and intelligent to boot. She helped invent some device(something like radar or something? I don't remember) in WWII. You don't see women drop-dead gorgeous like that at the grocery store or crossing the street.

mrsmel.jpg

Wow............you guys are incredible! The support you've posted here makes me feel so much a part of this forum and so accepted - and boy, does that feel good. I sure did not expect all the kind and friendly things you've said. I appreciate it in mega-doses! Thank you! :-)