Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT

I THINK THIS MOVIE IS FUNNY. I KNOW IT IS NOT THE TYPICAL CLASSIC NOT THE TYPICAL CLASSIC. MY DAUGHTER BACK WHEN SHE WAS 5 LOVED THIS MOVIE. JUST WAITING FOR "CIMARRON" TO COME ON. DOES ANY ONE ELSE LIKE ROGER RABBIT OUT THERE. I LOVE ALL MOVIES FROM THE 30'S TO PRESENT DAY. NOT AS MANY TO PICK FROM PAST THE 1990'S. I LOVE 40'S AND 50'S THE BEST. COLOR OR B/W.

starlett,

As I remember, the seamless mix of live action and animation in "Roger Rabbit" was a big deal in 1988 (theatrical release).

Note that I did not write "cutting edge"...so there!

Besides, my mother loves "Roger Rabbit" so...who am I to argue.

starlett...I really like the movie.

Rusty

I think it's a rare case of an 80s movie fitting in with TCM's format. Not only is it set in the era when great classics were made, but it's an animation afficianado's dream to not only see Warner Bros. characters mingling with Disney and Max Fleischer characters, but each character is rendered in their most classic forms (i.e. Bugs Bunny pre-Chuck Jones).

I dunno. Now that it's novelty has worn off, I think ROGER RABBIT is kinda boring. Could only sit through about fifteen minutes of it before I went surfing for something else. Luckily, Encore was showing UNFORGIVEN, which is a real classic.

I never did like this movie - although they do have a cute Roger Rabbit ride at Disneyland. My 5 year old son is VERY into cartoons, really shocked me the other night when he sat down and watched HOOK from beginning to end, without being told to. Anyway, my point is that he can't even watch Roger Rabbit for more than 5 minutes. As RC said, it's very boring. I'll be watching something else at that time, for certain.

Scarlett