Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

who is your fav horror film actor?

Chaney Sr. was not a horror actor, damnit! He did do a few horror films, and is best remembered for The Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Phantom of the Opera, BUT HE DID DO MANY, MANY OTHERS THINGS!!!

Anyway, favorite horror actor of all is, and always will be Bela Lugosi. His foreign-ness was definately an asset, and his bombast both as an actor, and as a person, made him one of the greatest, if not THE greatest movie personality in Hollywood history. And by the way, he was a phoenomenal actor as well. My favorite Lugosi performances are Dracula (of course) Dr. Vitus Werdegast (The Black Cat), Ygor (Son/Ghost of Frankenstein), Dr. Mirakle (Murders In The Rue Morgue), Anton Lorenzen (Phantom Ship/Mystery of the Mary Celeste), and the Sayer of the Law (Island of Lost Souls), among others.

Second would be Karloff, who truly was "Uncanny." His performances as the Monster in the first three Frankenstein films, are nothing short of brilliant. The same goes for Ardeth Bay in The Mummy. I just recently watched The Mask of Fu Manchu for the first time in years, and even though it's weird seeing an Asian man speak with a British accent, Karloff is a pure delight in that film.

"YOU TRICK FU MANCHU!?!? LIES, YOU SUNUVA WHITE DOG!!!!"

Classic, is all I have to say!

Vincent Price, Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing and Lon Chaney Jr. all deserve their just praise, but I'll close out this post by saying, bluntly, they were great as well.

Hey, Chaney Sr. made enough of them to count, London after Midnight, The Unholy Trio, The Hunchback of N.D., Phantom of the Opera, and last, I know I will get this wrong but the crazed knife thrower who goes and has his arms cut off to win over the love of a fellow circus girl, then plots to kill her male interest, I am not sure but I believe it was called "West of Zanzibar", all are top notch horror films and qualify him in this category.