Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

if you could get TCM to show 1 Movie, What would it be??

Victor

I'd like to see the Original version of Smokey and the Bandit 3

AKA, Smokey IS The Bandit

It was shelved and ReShot after Stupid people in The PreView Audiences became Confused seeing Gleason in Both Rolls, Jerry Reed suddenly became The Bandit along with Colleen Camp--Who Couldn't Act her way out of a Paper Bag.

What Confuses me is that Gleason played 3 Rolls in Smokey and the Bandit 2

The Day the Clown Cried (1972)

The famously never released Jerry Lewis movie. Jerry Lewis plays a clown that entertains children before they are sent to the gas chambers. Jerry Lewis has the only copy locked in a private vault where he vows to keep it from ever being viewed again. He refuses to discuss the making of this film in any form.

"The Jolson Story" (1946)

I know these don't qualify as "one movie," but I wish TCM had the rights to the Warner Bros. cartoons from 1948--1965 that CBS & ABC aired for years on Saturday mornings. Haven't seen those in years....on ANY channel. TCM's current selection of Merrie Melodies/Looney Toons date mostly from the early/mid-'40s, aka Bob Clampett's & Tex Avery's WB heyday. These are groundbreaking films, but I prefer the Jones/McKimson/Freleng output from the '50s.

I have four:

Beau Geste (the silent version) and the 1939 remake

The Iron Horse

The restored "Covered Wagon"

Just my luck that the silent "Beau Geste" and "Covered Wagon" are in the Paramount Library. :( Though buzz around town is that with Brad Grey and new blood coming into the company they finally realize how far behind the curve they are with getting their library to DVD. So maybe, there's hope after all....

"Iron Horse" is Fox and the 1939 "Beau Geste" is a Paramount film now owned by Universal

A girl can dream.....

Message was edited by:

lzcutter

TCM has shown GIANT a number of times. Ditto WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE, which for a while they were showing weekly.

I look forward to the end of the 31 days of Oscar marathon, when they go back to a somewhat regular schedule. There are any number of foreign films I'd like to see, especially Kurosawa, which they have shown, and Ozu, which they have not. My one choice: TOKYO STORY.

I would love to see "Alias Nick Beal", and "Boomerang"(1947). I keep checking the schedule so I can have my friend tape them, but since I discovered this website, I haven't seen them listed.

To lzcutter...The Iron Horse was available on vhs for a time. It is a great movie. I had to hunt for it, but was able to find a copy.

A guilty pleasure, Universal-International's "Girls in the Night" (1953). A "B" movie about delinquents getting involved in a murder.

Warren, your pick of "The Jolson Story" with Larry Parks is an excellent choice. I have this movie on VHS and it is a treasure.

If I had a second choice I would choose "Let No Man Write My Epitaph" with Shelley Winters and Burl Ives. It is a stark drama.

I wish they would show "Reefer Madness". Not because I consider it a great movie - but I saw it once years ago and I remember it was a hoot - I'd just like to see it again and see what I thought about it the second time around. I am not a big fan of silent movies for the most part - although I have seen one or two that I liked.

You are correct, Huntress. WOMAN IN THE WINDOW is available on VHS. I am happy you pointed out my error. I could buy it on VHS and record it to DVD. Problem solved.

So, I'd like to make another choice as what movie I'd like TCM to show: BABBITT (1934) with Guy Kibbee.

As to Reefer Madness, it's funny but I just happened to notice tonight that it is scheduled to run on Tuesday morning on The Movie Channel Extra West. LOL, and I too have not seen it except once many years ago at a University but I still recall how outrageously bad it was.