Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

if you could get TCM to show 1 Movie, What would it be??

Victor

I love the original "Smokey and The Bandit", I didn't know there were any sequels,but I don't think I want to see them if there are. They just couldn't be the same. "Smokey And The Bandit" was filmed during the CB craze,that's part of the fun of it. And Jerry Reed and his dog Fred-that was so funny! Plus I love the music from "Smokey And The Bandit",especially "East Bound And Down". When I visit family In Vicksburg or Texas,I love to play that song on the drive home. I just recorded on DVD and watched "Smokey And The Bandit" this week. My daddy used to have one of the limited edition Bandit Trans Ams,until my stepmother wrapped it around a tree,LOL.(She walked away without a scratch,but the car was totaled). I'd love to have that car now.

But I DON'T consider it a movie for TCM!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Or "Hollywood revue of 1929". I've never seen it,and it's only available on laser disc,as part of a set,from what I've seen. I REALLY want to see this movie,especially for the "Romeo and Juliet" balcony scene spoof with Norma Shearer and John Gilbert. They play it straight first,and then they do it using Jazz Age slang.

They had a few guest stars. The only other one that comes to mind is Don Knotts ... I'm sure the kids couldn't wait for that one to air. I can see the writers sitting around trying to come up with an episode ... "We need someone who'll really bring in the viewers ... someone the kids are crazy about ... how about Don Knotts!"

MattHelm,

Quote:

"The only other one that comes to mind is Don Knotts..."

Oh God, that is spooky. You mention "Don Knotts" and, you know, Don Knotts passes...

That's just like the story of Lord Carnarvon and his pet dog.

Gives me the willies!

Rusty

When writing about what I think constitutes the classic criteria on TCM in the "the end is here" thread today, I almost added that I love seeing A Christmas Story around the holidays on TCM though it's an 80s movie, but would understand if it wasn't shown due to post its 70s category. I just now heard about Darren McGavin's death. TCM beat me to the banshee wail, they're showing him in The Court Martial of Billy Mitchell tonight. Who's next, they usually go in threes.

Hey Matt, I remember that Scooby Doo Don Knotts episode-it was one of my favorites as a kid! I knew who Knotts was because he made some family films that I had seen--The Incredible Mr. Limpet, The Ghost and Mr. Chicken. I also remember my mom taking me to see The Apple Dumpling Gang at the cinema. Plus, there were all those Andy Griffith show reruns on tv.

Now, Jerry Reed--I had NO idea who he was. BUT my cousin who lived in Florida and listened to country music knew him and loved him.

I did love that Sonny and Cher Scooby Doo episode, too!

Sandy K

matt, I had forgotten about the Jonathan Winters episode! Good stuff.

I love those old Scooby Doo cartoons from the 70's. I know that the animation is substandard, but when I was a kid, I loved all the Hanna-Barbera stuff.

Heavens to Murgatroyd! Exit stage right.

Sandy K

The Hanna-Barbera stuff was great. "Okeedokee Doggy Daddy." I like the weird stuff they did like The Herculoids, Birdman, Giantor, Sampson & Goliath, etc. I don't know if Cartoon Network still shows these, or if it's completely taken over by garbage. I wish I had Boomerang.

My choice would be Rasputin and the Empress. It is the only film that all the Barrymoores are in a film together. Yes the story of Royal Russia is interesting but I only saw it once and it was broken by comercials. Would love to see it again in one piece.

It would have to be,,, 1967's The Flim Flam Man with George C Scott and the wonderful music of Jerry Goldsmith..

Widescreen / Comedy never on TV , I would take the day off work to be there at home to catch this live ..... !!!!

Oh please make it happen.. :)

Message was edited by:

Chauncey

Somebody showed "Lost Horizon" in the last year or so. I've seen the restored version. It's pretty interesting listening to dialogue put on with still photos to fill the gaps from some lost footage. Can't remember who showed it but it might have been a pay channel. Hope you catch it soon.

"Five Graves To Cairo" is a great film. I remember the first time I saw it I thought when the solution was given how brilliant it was. That's one I'd like to see again.

Two I remember fondly and would like to see again both have Alec Guiness. "The Man In The White Suit" and "Last Holiday"(1950).

Chauncey,

I was flipping through an old "Movies Unlimited" catalog this morning and noticed the listing for "Flim Flam Man". I thought, "that would be a great 'Suggest A Movie'"!

I believe synchronicity is merely my attention 'tuned into' something, but...strange, eh?

Rusty