Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

if you could get TCM to show 1 Movie, What would it be??

Victor

I have a few strange choices, but they are what I would want all the same:

1) Song of the South

2) The Two Worlds of Jenny Logan

3) The Legend Of Boggy Creek

4) Monster Squad

But the most important ones to me would be: The Hounds of the Baskervilles w/Basil Rathbone, and the entirety of Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy's career. I have several thanks to this month's tribute to them. But there was a lot they didn't play too.

I am sure you can buy a couple of these, but why do they never show them!

Hello,

"Superfly" (1972).

Please don't reject my suggestion 'out of hand'. Why? I explain.

First. I have not seen "Superfly" in twenty years. Second. A movie about drug dealing that honestly (my opinion) shows the perils of drug dealing. Third. It features the wonderful music of Curtis Mayfield. If Curtis Mayfield music is not enough of a reason to watch. Fourth. "Superfly" is stylish and entertaining.

Rusty

Rusty,

I love Superfly too. They sometimes air it on other channels, like BET.

If you like the music, check out the Rhino box. The second disc has some very sweet alternative cuts of the classic covers.... -j

1936, The League Of Frightened Men, Nero Wolfe mystery film, thought to be lost, but just not in circulation, and not shown for many years. There is a restored copy in the UCLA film Library, along with many other treasures being kept from film fans, They are protecting these great films until such time as there are no fans interested in them, doesn't that make sense!!!!

here is a restored copy in the UCLA film Library, along with many other treasures being kept from film fans, >>

I have to disagree with this statement. UCLA Film and Television Archves have monthly screenings of material in their vaults. This month they are spotlighting Janet Gaynor as this is her Centennial. Last month they spotlighted films from Columbia Studios. They run films at least three times a week, have screenings of childrens films, and will also have a night dedicated to the history of Movie Trailers later this month.

Every summer they have a Preservation festival where they screen films that they have restored.

You can visit the Archives at UCLA and watch viewing copies of many of the films that they have.

They are actively involved in film preservation and restoration. They have helped restore a number of films over the years from the Technicolor "Becky Sharpe" to the vintage "Hallmark Hall of Fame" shows from the 1950s and 1960s.

There may be restrictions on the Archive that dictate whether or not "League" can be shown. Many times films are donated to Archives but the donors place restrictions on access and public screenings. If that's the case with "League", then UCLA's hands are tied.

MattHelm,

Quote:

"Only if Dolemite is scheduled after it."

Your comment is pretty funny. I had to look up your "Dolemite" reference on IMDB.

BTW: Did you know "Brokeback Mountain" is 'going public' tomorrow...on DVD?

Rusty

MattHelm,

Quote:

"Only if Dolemite is scheduled after it."

Your comment is pretty funny. I had to look up your "Dolemite" reference on IMDB.

BTW: Did you know "Brokeback Mountain" is 'going public' tomorrow...on DVD?

Rusty

> Hello,

>

> "Superfly" (1972).

>

> Please don't reject my suggestion 'out of hand'.

> Why? I explain.

>

> First. I have not seen "Superfly" in twenty years.

> Second. A movie about drug dealing that honestly

> (my opinion) shows the perils of drug

> dealing. Third. It features the wonderful music of

> Curtis Mayfield. If Curtis Mayfield music is not

> enough of a reason to watch. Fourth. "Superfly" is

> stylish and entertaining.

>

> Rusty

Skedded for 8 PM, 5/25/06.

And Freddie's still dead.