• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ward

The BLOB

Hi Everyone,

I just became a New Member.

For you "BLOB" fans, starring Steve McQueen, it will be on TCM at 9:30am, on Friday, March 24th.

Also,

Are You aware that there were two other Blobs on the Silver Screen, back in the Good Ole Days ?

They are as follows:

1. The H Man - a Japanese Blob, Clear in color, born from the Hydrogen Bomb.

2. Caltiki, The Immortal Monster - Black in Color, and gets its strength, and multiplies from the energy of an approaching comet headed towards Earth.

Anyone know of any other Blob movies, other than the re-make, I believe was in the 80's ?

Thanks

Richie

Message was edited by:

Ward

Message was edited by:

Ward

I saw another ''blob" movie on TCM a few months ago. It was filmed in the 50's or early 60's and starred Jack Warner. It was British, but I can't recall the title. A rocket ship was sent up by the government or a private agency, but when it crashed, there was only one survivor (I think) and the other two were missing completely. The survivor started changing and eventually became some kind of alien blob that killed and consumed anything in its path. It was eventually killed by electricity when it infiltrated a church that was the subject of a television documentary. They used the TV equipment to electrify the scaffolding that was being used in the church's renovation. Wish I had a title for you.

Charlie

Hi Charlie T,

I checked out the description of what you posted on the "IMDb" website; the title I found was "THE QUARTERMASS EXPERIMENT" (circa 1955). Jack Warner is in it, the plot summary describes exactly what you said about the film.

The "Quatermass Xperiment"

is also scheduled to be on TCM

on April 27th, at 3:00pm

There was also another Blob creature

by the Brits, named "X The Unknown"

Great movies !

When it was first released in the U.S. the title was changed to "The Creeping Unknown". While the character of Quatermass was well known in the UK I guess they figured it wouldn't mean anything over here.

Another Giant Blob movie was in fact the Sequel to "The Quatermass Xperiment/Creeping Unknown" also starring Brian Donlevy; "Quatermass II / Enemy From Space" had a blobish sort of creature well actually one big blob comprised of a lot of little blobs that come down in small metor like landing pods and control human hosts to start changing earths environment to suite thier physiology. Not to spoil the ending but these little blobs combine in a tank and it becomes the enormous blob during the finale! unfortunately poor minature effects make this scene pretty laughable. Oh yes, I just rememenered another English Hammer production featuring a living blob of Radiactive Magma coming not from space but the bowels of the earth " X, The Unknown" featuring a really good performance Dean Jagger. Much better then Donlevy's lame pedestrian "Quatermass" . "X" is one of the better English SF films of the 50's IMO, Check both of these out if you get the chance. I belive Anchor Bay put both of these out some years ago, I have both! I also just got an excellent Region 2 DVD versions of both the Film version of "QX" as well as the original live TV 50's BBC production on which is was based

Do any of you remember

CALTIKI

I remember it, Had to be in the 60's

Now there was a BLOB

ALRIGHT SHILOH,

Is your copy of Caltiki a DVD or Vhs

How is the quality,

Do you remember ever seeing it on TV

I saw it in the theater and never forgot it.

thanks for sharing

Hi Cris,

My copy of Caltiki was transferred from Video to dvd..The quality is about a 5 out of 10...It is watchable..

Nope I never saw it on tv. A friend had it on VHS and sent it to me to see and I transferred it to dvd....She kept telling me what a great movie this was and that she wanted me to see it..

Hey Shiloh,

you earned my respect and I'm a new kid on this block..........

Here's a brain teaser....

Remember the scene in Soylent Green, where Charlton goes to the factory where the Soylent is made and he discovers that it's made of humans?

Well my old Brain has memories of a scene from a Black and White version of that scene, and the same conclusion is made.

I have been a Sci-Fi fan since a kid and that means the 50's, so it had to be in that era.

Do you recall anything that resembles that scene,

someone mentioned one of the Qatermass movies, but i haven't seen them all.

Any thoughts?

or anyone else?

Hello...

I do remember that scene from Soylent Green...As far as the other movie I'm not really sure...It sounds familiar though...Let me think on it awhile.

This is what someone else came up with..

No, there's no such scene exactly like the one you describe in any of the Quatermass movies, although in black-and-white Quatermass 2 there is a scene in which hostile aliens plug a big pipe with crushed human bodies. Professor Quatermass realizes what's blocking the pipe when he sees blood leaking from a seam, and he announces it to a small group that's trapped with him inside the industrial complex constructed by the aliens.

Not much help I'm afraid..