Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cristy

What 1950's or 1960's movie is this?

Hi,

Years ago, I saw a movie where a young wife thought she was being neglected by her husband. Her mother shared her secret of using a dog, possibly, a poodle training manual, which had kept the young girl's father lovingly attentive through the years. At first, the young girl thought the idea of using a dog training manual was preposterous until she began to try it on her husband and got the desired response. For a while, she was content, but not too long after she felt guilty.

Please someone tell me the name of this movie. I want to see it again, and if possible, buy it on DVD or tape. I've tried to look for it under keywords, but have had no luck. Unfortunately, I can't remember the names of the actresses or actors.

Thanks,

Cristy

I think you might be talking about "If A Man Answers" starring Bobby Darin and Sandra Dee. I love this movie, and I just bought it a few months ago on DVD. And it fits the time period you are talking about- late 50's to early 60's.

I hope this helps and if you get a chance to see it, I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I do.

You are definitely talking about "If A Man Answers" with Bobby Darin and Sandra Dee. I remember seeing this movie when I was a teenager and loved it then and now! It should be in TCM's movie library.

What a great movie ! Look for a very young Stefanie Powers (remember "Hart to Hart" ?!?) as Sandra Dee's best friend and Cesar Romero (remember "The Joker"

from TV's "Batman" ?!?) as the 'mysterious Robert Swan'.

I loved this movie. We actually dubbed it off of network TV on a BetaMax VCR

back in the 1980's ! Wore the doggone movie out. Now it's on DVD. A great copy, which I highly recommend.

Cheers !

AstaDisasta

Miracle in the Rain comes close, and there musta been a dozen inquiries about You Never Can Tell -- unless those were all from the same inquirer under a buncha different sign-in names. They seem to go in batches, and right now it's If a Man Answers.