Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Music from last night's montage

Last evening (3/7) TCM ran a montage on films about lovers/breakups/etc. The background song was "I will survive," but it was not Gloria Gaynor's version. It was sung by a male whose voice is very familiar (someone very current). Does anyone know who it was?

I too would like to know who performs the song.

I was also wondering about a few of the clips. There are about three or four shots of a man and a woman dancing, wearing large masks. Does anyone know what movie that's from?

There is another shot, at the end of the Nelson Eddy/Jeanette MacDonald part, that shows several people in masks playing violins. What film is that from?

Ayres figured this one out, in case you haven't read the Ask Mongo thread. The masks clip is from Broadway Serenade (1939), which was shown 3/14 early AM.

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen it, there is a really cute animation of an alien singing "I will survive" readily available on the internet.

• 1 month later...