Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lil_Scarlett

Any other teenagers here?

I LOVE classic movies, but none of my friends do. I was just wondering if there were any other people my age on here that appreciated classics... :)

It would be cool to talk to other teens about their prospective (sp?) on old movies. :)

It all depends, if it's a movie from the 1920-30-40-50 etc then it's kinda iffy. It all depends what the movie is about. I'm 17 by the way

I'm 19 and I love classic movies. =) There's just nothing like them.

Actually this new vintage store just opened up near our local Blockbuster. I bought Charade and Penny Serenade for a dollar each on DVD! I only tossed them in my player briefly to see that they worked, but the picture looks about as good as I'd get recording the movie off TCM.

A warning for the young people!!! watch out for adults posing as teenagers!

I am an adult who is posting on this sight in demonstration that anyone can post here. Even though I don't know you, I do not want any of you to be hurt!!! If any one attempts to get too close, too personal during an e-mail stop the e-mail and tell someone right away! This person should be stopped before anyone gets hurt!!! Protect your self and others by doing your part in the fight against evil in this world!!!

Having said this I would like to say (on a bright note), to please, continue to love the classics or 'old' films, you and other young people like you will keep them alive for the generations to come, it is up to your age group to do this and pass this love of film on to your children and their children. film is a part of our culture and speaks of who we were,are, and will be as a people. stay safe!!!

well i still haven't been able to get into silents, unless its gloria swanson or garbo, but thats somethin i'm working on. but from the 30s onward, i'll watch it. i can't wait until this busby berkeley collection comes out!!

WOW! A lot of you responded to this topic! I'm 14, and I basically grew up loving classic films because my grandmother watched TCM all the time when I was little.

Yes, definitely be careful out here online!

I am glad that you are very interested in the old movies! Silents are MY personal favorites! If you ever want to get into silents, start out with Charley Chase or Harold Lloyd comedies (perhaps even Charlie Chaplin). Then work your way into Buster Keaton etc. Then, gradually work your way out of comedies and into dramas. i wouldn't suggest starting with dramas, because it's an entirely different art form in silent movies -- you'll wind up turning yourself away probably forever!

Come on over to my board at http://lwsroute66.proboards57.com/ and chat with all of us! We'd love to have you! And my board is moderated very heavily to keep out inappropriate activity; it is a family-oriented atmosphere!

Hope to see you there!

Larry

here's another one!

I've always liked watching old movies, but I didn't fall in love with old movies until I was 14. It all started when I was surfing through the channels and I came across a Harold Lloyd silent comedy. I liked it, and the rest is history. I'm 19 now, and more in love with old movies now than I was five years ago!

Diffinetly not a teenager, butsomething I did as a teenager and even later that helped in my appreciatiion of movies(providing it was not a period piece) that where much older then myself. Pay attention to the year that it was made, and make a concerted effort to learn something about that year. You will be surprised it will help in your understanding of social refereneces, people,language,and historical events of that perticular time period. Not to mention the absence of so many of the modern marvels that we enjoy today. Remember when people went to the movies in the thirties,and forties, there was no TV, movies where the only visual enjoyment they had next to reading, and then they read about the movies.

I'm like Metry Road !! Do I qualify?

I'm only joking of course, unless one was prepared to read some of those teenage years ...upside down and inside out !! (The smaller numbers I mean you smartie !)

On a serious note : there is nothing more refreshing than discovering young people interested in the old classic movies. Keep it up girls and boys !

Anyone can come here, I was just wondering if anyone was my age around here. :)

On the topic of silent films, I like them. Not that long ago, I watched the silent 'Phantom of the Opera". I liked it better than the 1943 (?) version. :)

I was telling someone where I live about the amount of younger people who are interested in the wonderful world of classic cinema who contribute to these boards and he didn't believe me. I may be 35 but I've been watching these films since my early teens when there were very few other people my age around me who shared my interest, and no Internet or venues like this. I think it's always superb to know of more and more younger people who are dissatisfied with the nonsense of today's filmmaking and who are appreciating the zillions of terrific films that have come before! (Have I got that right?) Like Bogdonovich said, something like, "There's no such thing as an old film, just films you haven't seen!" Did I get that right?